The Best Homemade Peach Iced Tea Recipe
Love a cold, refreshing glass of ginger peach tea? Forget buying the bottled stuff, you can now make this homemade peach iced tea recipe at home! Super simple, less expensive and tastes much better than anything store-bought!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Easiest Recipe for Ginger Peach Tea!
Have you been wondering how to make peach iced tea at home? It’s actually a really simple process. This homemade peach iced tea recipe is not only simple to make, it tastes WAY better than anything that comes bottled from the store.
With just five ingredients (including the water!) this recipe for homemade peach iced tea will be your new go-to summer drink. It’s fantastic with fresh peaches, but if not in season, you can also use frozen or canned.
Here are the steps and tips to making this fresh, crisp Peach Iced Tea Recipe
How do you make peach iced tea from scratch?
Start by steeping tea. To steep tea, add 4-6 tea bags (black tea, or your preferred flavor) to 2 1/2 – 3 cups of boiled water. Cover and let the tea come to room temperature. This will create a tea concentrate.
While the tea comes to room temperature, add fresh or frozen peach slices, fresh ginger and sugar or your preferred sweetener to a 2-quart pitcher. Pour the cooled tea concentrate over the peach ginger mixture. Fill the remaining pitcher with water – about 1 1/2 quarts.
Chill for at least 2 hours or until very cold. Pour the ginger peach tea over ice and enjoy cold.
Is there caffeine in peach iced tea?
If you use regular black tea, then yes – there is caffeine in this peach iced tea recipe. For every 1 cup of tea there is about 47 milligrams of caffeine.
Can I make homemade iced tea with decaf tea?
Yes. You can make homemade iced tea with decaf tea. Use the same process as you would with regular caffeinated tea bags. (See recipe below for exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.)
This Ginger Peach Iced Tea can be made with all tastes in mind – sweet or not. Adapting the amount of sugar you use lets you personalize it to your tastes.
Another great bonus to this tea is the fact that its flavored with sweet, juicy peaches and ginger zest. The juicy peach slices and ginger zest give the tea an incredible flavor and freshness that you simply cannot get in a powdered or bottled ice tea!
What can I serve ginger peach tea with?
Here are some of my favorite recipes and desserts that would be great with this peach iced tea recipe:
- Peach Coffee Cake
- Cake Mix Peach Cobbler
- Peach Crisp with Pecan Crumble
- Peaches and Cream Dessert Bars
- Peaches and Cream Pretzel Salad
- Peach Overnight Oats
- Zucchini Banana Bread
If you loved this homemade peach iced tea recipe, check out some of my other iced tea and cold drink recipes:
- Peach Margarita
- Starbucks Pink Drink Recipe
- Skinny Starbucks Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino
- Ginger Peach Moscow Mule
- Frozen Raspberry Peach Bellini
- Arnold Palmer Iced Tea
- Raspberry Mint Iced Tea
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Peach Milkshake
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Peaches and Cream Martini at Real Housemoms
Here’s the simple, delicious Peach Iced Tea Recipe:
- 2 1/2 c. water
- 4-6 black tea bags (regular or decaf)
- 1 large, ripe fresh peach, sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger root, peeled and zested
- 1 Tbsp. sugar (adapt to your taste)
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Wash and slice the peach. Add the peach slices to a small bowl along with the ginger zest, and sugar. Stir to fully coat the peaches with the sugar and zest. Let the peaches sit for at least 20-30 minutes to macerate. (Macerate = let the sugar pull the juice out of the peaches. This will provide a sweet, delicious juice that will give the tea its flavor.)
- In a small saucepan, add the 2 1/2 c. water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the tea bags, cover the saucepan, and let the tea steep. Let the tea come to room temperature. Remove the tea bags (don't squeeze the tea bags. This will release the tannin and make your tea bitter.)
- In a 2-quart pitcher, fill the pitcher 1/3 full with ice. Add the peach mixture, along with any juices that were drawn out. Pour the tea concentrate over the ice and peaches and fill the pitcher with water. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
I like to keep a fresh pitcher of this tea in my fridge all summer long. I’ll take a big glass to the pool, or with me in the car when running errands. Its definitely a nice alternative to the powdered ice tea stuff, and much better for you than soda or any other pre-made canned or bottled beverage.
As we close in on the hottest months of the year, remember to keep yourself hydrated. Better yet, pull up a deck chair or kick back in your hammock, and hydrate with a delicious, fresh glass of Ginger Peach Iced Tea. Weather you live in the South or any other place on the planet, enjoy your summer one sip at a time, ya’ll!