Do you love a delicious on-the-rocks or frozen peach margarita, but not all the sugar and calories that come in a mix? Forget the expensive mixes and try this easy 4-ingredient peach margarita recipe. This recipe is half the calories of store-bought mixes and 0 grams of added sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Especially in the summer, there are few drinks more refreshing than a peach margarita. If you love enjoying these margaritas, but don’t like all the sugar and calories that store-bought drink mixes contain, then this peach margarita recipe is for you.
Made with just four simple ingredients, this margarita can be made frozen or on-the-rocks. In this post I’ll provide everything you need and give you all the helpful tools and tips to making amazing margaritas at home!
What do I need to make a peach margarita?
- Tequila – the best quality you can afford
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh or frozen peaches
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
Helpful tools for making margaritas:
- Blender – a good quality blender is a necessity for making frozen margaritas. Frozen margaritas require frozen fruit and/or ice to be blended along with the liquor and lime juice. I love my Blendtec Designer Series Blender.
- Cocktail shaker and muddler – these are helpful tools when making a margarita on-the-rocks. A cocktail muddler is helpful in crushing fresh fruit, like raspberries, peaches, strawberries or any other fruit that in in your cocktail. A cocktail shaker is very helpful in not only shaking your drink together, but also straining and pouring into glasses.
I also use these tools to mix up my Blackberry Margaritas. They are great to have on hand and are versatile tools for any home bartender.
This is the Blender I use almost DAILY! Everything from smoothies, to cocktails, to waffle and muffin batter and even nut butter, this ultrapowerful blender creates an amazing puree every time. It’s very durable and made to last!
How do I make a peach margarita on the rocks?
- If you prefer salted glasses, run a lime wedge around the rim of your preferred glass. Dip into margarita or kosher salt. Fill the prepared glass with ice.
- To a cocktail shaker, add the fresh peaches, tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice.
- Using a cocktail muddler, press and crush the peaches, letting out all of the juices. Add ice. Place lid on the cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain and pour the margarita over the ice in the prepared glass. Garnish with lime and/or peach slices. Enjoy right away while cold.
Ingredient Substitutions and Recommendations:
- Tequila – as you’ve likely already seen, there are numerous tequilas on the market. We enjoy either Herradura Reposado (with the horseshoe on the front label) or Cazadores Reposado (with a Deer on the front label). Both of these a great. Choose the best quality tequila that is the most affordable to you.
- Cointreau – Cointreau is an orange flavored liqueur. I wouldn’t recommend leaving this out, as it really balances the citrus flavor and sweetness of your margarita. If you cannot find Cointreau, you can substitute Triple Sec in its place.
- Lime juice – I recommend buying 1-2 limes for each margarita you are making. This will give you adequate juice for each drink and leave extra for salting rims and slices for garnish. Can’t get fresh limes? You can also find bottled lime juice in the cocktail mix section of the grocery store.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the recipe at the bottom of the post. Thanks!
How do I salt a rim of margarita glasses?
- To salt a rim of a margarita glass, first, run a fresh lime wedge around the rim of the glass. This will moisten the rim and give the salt something to stick to.
- Place the glass into margarita salt. You can also use kosher salt, which has slightly larger grains than traditional table salt.
- Fill your glass with ice and pour in your prepared margarita.
How do I make a frozen peach margarita?
- To make a frozen peach margarita, you’ll need a blender. To a blender jar, add fresh or frozen peaches, tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and about 1 1/2 cups of ice.
- Blend over medium-high speed for 30-45 seconds or until the ice and peaches are completely pureed.
- Pour the frozen margarita into prepared glasses and enjoy right away while cold.
Frequently asked questions about making margaritas:
No. Simple syrup is not necessary and not traditionally used in making margaritas.
The base ingredients for a margarita are Tequila, Cointreau (or Triple Sec), and fresh lime juice. The ratio for these is 2:1:1, 2 parts tequila, 1 part Cointreau, and 1 part lime juice
This peach margarita has 290 calories and 0 grams of added sugar.
Restaurant margaritas and store-bought mixes are typically are very calorie and sugar heavy. For example, the Texas Roadhouse Raspberry Margarita has a whopping 470 calories and 76 grams of sugar. That is the equivalent of 19 teaspoons of sugar!
For a peach margarita, you’ll need fresh or frozen peaches, 2 oz. tequila, 1 oz. Cointreau, 1 oz. fresh lime juice and lime and peach slices for garnish (if desired.)
Do you love fresh peaches? Here are some of our favorite recipes that include fresh or frozen peaches:
- Ginger Peach Moscow Mules
- Peach Crisp
- Healthy Peach Muffins
- Cake Mix Peach Cobbler
- Easy Peach Overnight Oats
- Peaches and Cream Pretzel Salad
- Peach Coffee Cake
- Layered Peaches and Cream Dessert
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Peach Milkshake
- Easy Peach Fro-Yo Pops
- Healthy Peach Crisp
- Peach Iced Tea
Wondering what to serve with this peach margarita recipe? Here are some of our favorite snack and appetizers that go great with margaritas:
- Classic Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
- Loaded Guacamole
- Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Loaded Steak Nachos
- Southwestern Corn Salsa
- Cream Cheese Jalapeño Popper Bean Dip
- Loaded Guacamole
- Hot & Cheesy Bacon Corn Dip
- Easy Taco Cups
- 50 Best Low-Carb Dip Recipes at Party Food Favorites
If you loved this peach margarita recipe, check out some of my other margaritas:
- 2 oz. tequila, good quality
- 1 oz. Cointreau citrus liqueur
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 c. fresh or frozen peaches (about 4-5 peach slices)
!On-The-Rocks Peach Margarita:
- To a cocktail shaker, or mason jar, add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and fresh peaches. Using a cocktail muddler, crush the fresh peaches, pressing out all the juices.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker. Add the tight-fitting lid, and shake.
- Salt rims of glass(es) and fill with ice. Pour the cocktail over the ice. Add peach and lime slices, if desired. Enjoy right away while cold.
!Frozen Peach Margarita:
- To a blender, add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and fresh or frozen peach, along with 1 1/2 cups of ice for each margarita being made.
- Blend at medium-high speed until the ice and peaches are completely pureed.
- Salt rims of glasses (if desired.) Pour the margarita into the prepared glass and top with fresh peach and lime slices. Enjoy right away while cold.
Triple sec can be used in place of Cointreau.
Bottled lime juice can be used in place of fresh, if you do not have access to fresh limes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 24gNet Carbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g