Forget the bottled stuff, you’ll want to grill everything in this delicious Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce! Sweet, savory and with a bit of spicy kick, this bourbon bbq sauce recipe is super simple to make and fantastic on pork chops, chicken, ribs and even burgers!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce – an essential barbecue recipe!
Spring and summer are the perfect time to fire up the grill. With that said, my neighbors have seen me rolling out my grill in the freezing temperatures of winter on numerous occasions. Grilling is easily my favorite method of cooking.
Not only are the flavors and aromas completely intoxicating, but it’s a simple way to get dinner taken care of in a flash. Having a great barbecue sauce recipe at the ready is essential for grilling fanatic. This recipe for Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce is simple to make, and perfect for all of your grilling – no matter the season.
Here’s how this delicious Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce comes together
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan
Very similar to my Smokey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce, this honey bourbon version is super simple to make. Simply start by whisking together all of the ingredients in a medium sauce pan. You’ll likely have the majority of the needed ingredients in your pantry. Here’s a quick reference checklist of everything you’ll need:
- Tomato Sauce
- Bourbon – I used Woodford Reserve, but feel free to use any bourbon you prefer
- White Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Corn Starch
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
(For exact amounts of each ingredient, be sure to reference the recipe below.)
Bring the sauce to a low boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer – the sauce will thicken slightly as it heats.
Step 2: Let the Sauce Cool
The aromas of this sauce are wonderfully intoxicating. You’ll want to spread and dip this sauce as soon as it comes out of the pan, BUT resist the urge! Be sure to let the sauce to cool to room temperature before you use it. This will give the sauce a chance to thicken a bit more and the flavors will intensify as well.
Step 3: Use as a marinade or spread on ALL the meats!
Once the sauce has cooled to room temperature, feel free to use as a marinade for pork and chicken. Marinating in this delicious BBQ sauce is the perfect way to tenderize the meat and let the flavors intensify.
Be sure to reserve some sauce for brushing on to your pork chops, pork loin, and barbecue chicken. If you’re looking for a great barbecue chicken recipe, check out my recipe for BBQ Chicken Legs over at Real Housemoms.
Love a great bbq sauce recipe? Check out our other fantastic sauce recipes & ideas:
- Homemade Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Smoky Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce
- Red Enchilada Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Taco Sauce Recipe
If you loved this delicious BBQ sauce, check out some of my other grilling recipes:
- BBQ Chicken Skewers
- Smokey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- BBQ Bacon Burgers
- Aloha Burger
- Brown Sugar Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- Sweet & Spicy Chipotle BBQ Ribs
- Slow Cooker Shredded BBQ Chicken
- BBQ Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops
- Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters
Here’s the simple, delicious recipe for my Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce:
- 1 (15 oz.)can, tomato sauce
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. good quality bourbon, like Woodford Reserve
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a sauce pan, add all of the ingredients. Whisk together until completely combined. Heat on medium heat to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Sauce should thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Use as a marinade or brush on to any meats that are being grilled or baked.
- Store any remaining sauce in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Sodium: 1471mgCarbohydrates: 77gSugar: 67gProtein: 1g