If you love an amazing lemon dessert, then these No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars will be your new fave! Made with a lemon OREO crust, and a creamy, no bake cheesecake filling, these easy no bake cheesecake bars will be your new go-to dessert!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
As soon as the hint of spring rolls around, I begin craving lemon everything! Lemon cake, lemon bars, and especially these No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars! Made with a delicious Lemon OREO crust, and a creamy no-bake lemon cheesecake filling, these bars are fantastic for any spring occasion, especially Easter.
These no bake cheesecake bars are super simple to make, and can be made in advance of any party, brunch or dinner that you’re planning. Here are the super simple steps to these delicious lemon cheesecake bars:
Step 1: Start with the Crust make with Lemon OREO’s!!
The delicious crust for these lemon cheesecake bars are made with Lemon OREOs. To create the crust, you’ll need to crush about 20 cookies in a food processor.
Once the cookies are crushed, add the melted butter, and pulse the processor a few more times to combine the butter into the cookie crumbs. Turn out the cookie crumbs into a 9×9 pan. I used this beautiful blue Anolon Vesta Stoneware baking dish, which is the perfect for these lemon cheesecake bars.
Once you pour out the crumbs, firmly press the into the bottom of the baking dish to form the crust. Refrigerate the crust to set.
Optional Step: To create a more firm crust, you can bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes. Yes, I realize that this makes the recipe no longer “no bake” however, having a firm crust will help create for uniform squares.
If you don’t want to turn on your oven (definitely something you don’t want to do in the summer months) feel free to omit baking the crust.
Step 2: Make the no bake lemon cheesecake filling
The filling for these bars is simple, easy to mix together and absolutely delicious. Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and Dixie Crystals granulated sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon pudding mix and milk until dissolved.
With the mixer running on the lowest speed, add the pudding/milk mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth. Add in the lemon zest, and lemon extract.
Fold in the whipped topping and mix together until creamy, smooth and well incorporated.
Step 4: Add the filling to the Crust
Once the filling has come together, pour the creamy lemon cheesecake filling over the top of the prepared crust. If you opted to bake the crust, make sure it has cooled to room temperature before adding the filling.
Spread the filling evenly over the top of the crust, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. This will help the lemon cheesecake bars set-up and become more firm for slicing.
Step 5: Slice the Bars
Once you’re ready to serve the bars, simply slice into 16 squares. These lemon cheesecake bars are fantastic topped with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or even a mix of all three.
The cool, creamy lemon cheesecake filling is wonderfully flavorful, without being too sweet. It’s the perfect dessert bar for any spring occasion – Easter dinner or brunch, Mother’s Day, and fantastic as a summer cookout or potluck dessert.
If you loved these delicious No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars, check out my other delicious No Bake Cheesecake recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- OREO Lovers No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Covered Cherry No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Bars
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from A Classic Twist
If you love a great Lemon Dessert, be sure to check out these beauties:
- Icebox pie – Lemon OREO Icebox Pie
- Pound cake – Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Healthy Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- Bundt cake – Lemon Bundt Cake
- Cheesecake cups – Lemon Raspberry No Bake Cheesecake Cups
Here’s the recipe for these delicious No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 20 Lemon OREO cookies (or any other lemon sandwich cookie)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
Lemon Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg, cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c. Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz.) pkg., instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. Adam's Lemon Extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (8 oz.) carton, frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a food processor, crush the cookies to crumbs. Add the melted butter, and pulse a few more times to combine with the cookie crumbs. Turn out crumbs into a 9x9" pan, and press firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and Dixie Crystals granulated sugar. Mix until mixture is well combined and smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix until the mix is dissolved into the milk. With the mixer running on the lowest speed, slowly pour the pudding mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth and well combined. Add in the lemon extract and lemon zest. Mix to combine. Gradually add in the whipped topping, and mix to combine.
- Pour out the filling on top of the crust, and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Slice and serve. Keep any leftovers refrigerated.
1 serving = 1, 2" square
Crust Option: To get a more firm crust, bake the crust at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes. I understand that this makes the recipe no longer "no-bake" but it will render more uniform squares.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 16 squares
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 10gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
This post and recipe was created for #EasterSweetsWeek. I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies. As always, opinions, photos and recipe are 100% my own.