If you’re looking for an easy cheesecake recipe, then this no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe is for you! Made with an OREO crust, a layer of hot fudge, and a thick, creamy chocolate cheesecake filling, it’s every chocolate lover’s dream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you love chocolate cheesecake, but don’t want the work and hours of baking a cheesecake, this no bake option is definitely for you.
This no bake cheesecake recipe is a much easier option to traditional cheesecake. The filling is incredibly creamy, thick and will satisfy every chocolate craving!
What do I need to make no bake chocolate cheesecake?
Here’s a quick reference checklist of the ingredients you’ll need to make this no bake cheesecake recipe:
- OREO’s – feel free to use store brand or name brand, as either will work.
- Butter – the butter is used to help the OREO crumbs stick together to form the crust.
- Hot fudge ice cream topping – this is a wonderful addition to this super chocolaty dessert, and is layered between the OREO crust and the cheesecake filling.
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Bittersweet chocolate baking bar – you could also use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Whipped topping – feel free to use store-bough Cool Whip, or use my Homemade Cool Whip recipe.
- Mini chocolate chips – these are an optional topping, but look fantastic when added. You could also use chocolate shavings or chocolate curls.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post to the recipe card. Thanks!
How do you make an OREO crust?
To make an OREO cookie crust, you’ll just need two ingredients: OREO’s and butter. You’ll need to crush the OREO cookies into crumbs. The easiest way to do this is to use a food processor or blender, and pulse for about 20 seconds until you get fine crumbs.
Next, add the melted butter and pulse a few more times to combine. Turn out the cookie crumb mixture into a foil lined pan. Press the crumbs firmly into the bottom pan.
If you don’t have a food processor, placing the cookies in a resealable plastic bag, and crushing them with a rolling pin also works well. Make sure to crush all big chunks of cookies into crumbs.
Add a layer of hot fudge
Over the top of the pressed crust, add a layer of hot fudge ice cream topping. To make the topping easily spreadable, heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and pour over the crust.
Spread evenly onto the entire surface of the crust to ensure every bite has a bit of hot fudge.
Place the crust in the freezer to help firm up while you make the filling.
How do I make no bake cheesecake filling?
First, start with room temperature cream cheese. The temp of the cream cheese is important, as cold cream cheese right out of the refrigerator will typically render chunks or pieces of cream cheese in the filling.
To the cream cheese, you’ll add powdered sugar, and the whipped topping. When mixing these together, work slowly. Stop the mixer often to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Then, you’ll mix in the melted chocolate. Use a rubber scraper to fold in the chocolate. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a thick, silky chocolate cheesecake filling that makes this recipe incredible.
Spread the chocolate cheesecake filling over the hot fudge covered OREO crust. Garnish the top of the no bake chocolate cheesecake with mini chocolate chips, if desired. Chill the cheesecake to let the filling become firm.
How long does a no bake cheesecake need to be refrigerated?
Before diving in to these amazing chocolate cheesecake, the filling will need a chance to set up. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into the squares. Refrigeration is necessary to help the filling become firm and able to slice easily.
This no bake cheesecake recipe is awesome for just about any occasion. Great for everything from a holiday dinner to a summer cookout treat.
FAQ’s about making a no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe:
No bake cheesecake filling is made of cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped topping (Cool Whip), and other flavorings or mix-in’s. For no bake chocolate cheesecake filling you’ll mix in melted chocolate.
No bake cheesecake needs at least 2 hours to firm up and set. Refrigeration is necessary for the cream cheese mixture to firm up and be able to cut into uniform slices.
No bake cheesecake filling needs time to firm up in the refrigerator. After making the filling and spread onto the crust, the filling will need at least 2 hours to set-up and become firm. Another issue may be that too much liquid was added to the filling.
Yes, this is a great dessert to make in advance or the day before a holiday dinner, party or event. For best results, make according to the recipe. Cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Top with any additional garnishes or whipped cream just before serving.
What can I serve with no bake cheesecake?
No bake cheesecake is great served with coffee and dessert cocktails. Here are some of our drink recipes that would be perfect with this chocolate cheesecake recipe:
- Tiramisu Cocktail
- How to Make a Brandy Alexander
- Mint Chocolate Martini
- Caramel Brulee Latte
- Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- Vanilla Bean Iced Coffee
If you love no bake cheesecake, be sure to check out some of my other amazing recipes:
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies (like OREO's)
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. hot fudge ice cream topping
Chocolate cheesecake filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg., cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate baking bar, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) container, frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips, for topping
- Spray a 9x9" pan with non-stick spray. You can also line the pan with foil if you want the ability to lift out the entire cheesecake from the pan when serving. Set the prepared pan aside.
- Crush the OREO cookies in a food processor. Add the melted butter, and pulse in the processor a few more times to combine. Pour the moistened crumb mixture into the pan, and press firmly to the bottom of the pan.
- Warm the hot fudge topping in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Spread evenly over the top of the crust. Place the coated crust into the freezer to help harden while you make the cheesecake filling.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix until creamy and slightly fluffy. Mix in the whipped topping a spoonful at a time with the mixer running on low.
- With the mixer running on the lowest speed, gradually add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture. Stop often to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Once all the chocolate has been mixed in, mixture will be rather thick.
- Spread the chocolate filling evenly over the top of the chilled crust, making sure to spread firmly and evenly into corners of the pan. Top the filling with the mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Refrigeration is necessary for the filling to set up and become firm and sliceable.
- Slice into 16 squares. Enjoy!
Storage: store the cheesecake in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. The cheesecake will keep for 5-7 days when refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g