Love cheesecake but not the hours it takes to make it? These delicious No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars are the perfect option. This no bake cheesecake bars recipe is healthier, made without refined sugar, eggs or oil.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If cheesecake is one of your favorite treats, then you’ve gotta try these Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake bars. Made without refined sugar, flour or eggs, these cheesecake bars are a great healthier option.
This no bake cheesecake bars recipe is also much easier to make than traditional cheesecake. No hot water baths or tedious baking. This no bake dessert recipe is perfect when you need a make ahead treat to serve for a party or celebration.
What do I need to make lemon blueberry cheesecake bars?
Here’s a quick-reference grocery check list of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
For the crust:
- Almond flour
- Swerve Powdered Sugar Substitute
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- (2) 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- Swerve Powdered Sugar Substitute
- Gelatin (1) .25 oz., envelope
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Juice and Zest of 1 large lemon
- Frozen blueberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Swerve Powdered Sugar Substitute
- Corn Starch
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
The first step in making no bake cheesecake bars is to start with the crust:
Because I’m making a healthier version of cheesecake bars, I wanted to make sure the crust was substantial, yet not overly calorie-laded. I decided to make the crust using almond meal/almond flour. The results were fantastic!
Using a 9 x 9″ baking dish or pan, add the almond meal and Swerve. Stir together, then add the melted butter. Mix together until fully combined and crumbly.
Lastly, press the crust mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom of the baking dish. Place in the freezer for the crust to firm up while you make the cheesecake filling.
How do I make no bake cheesecake filling?
First, you’ll start with 2 room-temperature packages of cream cheese. The temperature of the cream cheese is important. If you start with very cold cream cheese right out of the fridge, you’ll end up with lumpy cheesecake.
To soften cream cheese, place the foil packages of cream cheese (out of box, still in foil packaging), in warm water in the sink. The the packages sit in warm water until soft. (Make sure to use the cream cheese right away.)
Cream together the cream cheese with the Swerve sweetener, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. You can do this with a hand or stand mixer, or you can do by hand with a rubber scraper.
Lastly, dissolve the gelatin in the cream. Heat the cream in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until warm. Pour in the gelatin, and whisk into the cream until dissolved.
Pour the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and mix to combine.
The next step, will be to add whipped cream to the cream cheese filling mixture.
To make whipped cream, you’ll need a hand or stand mixer. Pour the cold cream into the bowl and mix on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. This took me about 3-4 minutes.
Stiff peaks (see photo above), just means the whipped cream can hold its shape. Don’t overmix the whipping cream. If you over mix, the cream will begin to separate and you’ll end up with butter.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese until well combined and creamy. Pour the mixture onto the chilled crust, and evenly spread.
Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6-8 hours in order for the cheesecake to set up and become firm for slicing.
Love no bake desserts? Check out some of my other no-bake treats:
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Creamy Strawberry Pie
- Creamy Chocolate Pie
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Eggnog Cheesecake
Ingredient Substitutions and Recommendations:
- Cream Cheese – Neufchatel (lighter cream cheese) can be used instead of regular cream cheese. I do not recommend using fat-free cream cheese.
- Swerve Confectioners Sugar Substitute – in testing I found that the powdered sugar worked best in dissolving into the cream cheese mixture. Other granular sweeteners didn’t dissolve well and left the dessert with a grainy, undesirable texture.
- Blueberries – you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries for the topping.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the recipe at the bottom of the post. Thanks!
Here are the easy steps to making the blueberry topping:
Start by adding the blueberries (fresh or frozen) to a saucepan. Also add the lemon juice, Swerve sweetener and cornstarch. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring the ingredients together well.
Heat until the mixture begins to bubble. Don’t let it boil, as the mixture will burn to the bottom of the pan. Once the mixture begins to bubble, remove from heat, and let it cool to room temperature.
The blueberry mixture will be thick and jam-like. Its great for topping these no bake cheesecake bars, and also delicious on pancakes, scones and English muffins!
Once the lemon blueberry cheesecake bars have chilled for at least 6-8 hours, or overnight the are ready to be cut into squares.
For this 9 x 9″ pan recipe, it will serve 16 squares/servings. Top each square with the blueberry topping, or pour all of the topping over the cheesecake and slice and serve.
These can also be served with additional whipped cream or Cool whip topping in addition to the blueberry topping.
Frequently asked questions about making no bake cheesecake bars:
This is a matter of personal preference. Baked cheesecake will render a thick and dense cheesecake, whereas a no bake cheesecake will offer a more fluffy and creamy consistency. Both are delicious!
A no bake cheesecake will need a minimum of 6-8 hours of refrigeration to fully set up. Ideally, overnight or a 12 hours is even better to render a cheesecake that can slice well and hold a uniform shape.
No bake cheesecake CAN be frozen, once it has already set in the refrigerator. To freeze a full, uncut cheesecake, wrap well in plastic wrap, then cover the outside with foil. You can also freeze individual slices by wrapping or storing in freezer-safe containers. Be sure to thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
The likely culprit is that you started with very cold cream cheese right out of the refrigerator. This usually renders small lumps of cream cheese that are very difficult to break down when mixing the filling. For best results, start with room temperature cream cheese.
Love blueberries? Check out some of my other popular blueberry recipes:
- Blueberry Tarts with Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- Healthy Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- Blueberry Cobbler Dump Cake
- Healthy Blueberry Pancakes
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
- Blueberry Protein Muffins
- Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Creamy Blueberry Pie
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
If you loved this no bake cheesecake recipe, check out these other similar recipes:
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Love cheesecake but not the tedious process of making it? Try this simple, delicious lemon blueberry cheesecake bars. This no bake cheesecake bars recipe has no refined sugar, flour, eggs or oil, making it a healthier option, too!
- 1 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/4 c. Swerve Confectioners Sugar Substitute
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) packages, cream cheese
- 1/2 c. Swerve Confectioners Sugar Substitute
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 (.25 oz) envelope, gelatin
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 c. Swerve Powdered Confectioners Sugar Substitute
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- For the crust: In a 9 x 9" baking dish or pan, add the almond flour and Serve. Mix together with fork. Pour in the melted butter, and mix together until well combined and crumbly. Press firmly and evenly into the bottom of the baking dish. Place in the freezer for the crust to firm up while making the filling.
- For the cheesecake filling: Add the 2 room temperature packages of cream cheese to a mixing bowl. Add the Swerve sweetener, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Using a hand or stand mixer, (or you can mix by hand), cream together well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add 1/3 c. of the heavy cream. Heat for 20 seconds in the microwave until just warm. Pour in the envelope of gelatin and whisk together well to dissolve. Pour into the cream cheese mixture and mix together well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the remaining 2/3 c. of heavy cream. Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the cream on medium-high speed. Mix for 3-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form, making whipped cream. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. You could also use my Homemade Cool Whip recipe.
- Remove chilled crust from freezer and spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the top of the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Blueberry Topping: In saucepan, add the blueberries, Swerve sweetener, lemon juice and corn starch. Stir together well and heat over medium-low heat. Heat until the blueberry mixture begins to bubble and thicken. Don't let boil. Promptly remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Slice the chilled cheesecake bars into 16 squares. Top each square with a spoonful of blueberry topping or pour all of the topping over the refrigerated cheesecake. Top with additional whipped cream, if desired.
Keep any leftovers chilled in the refrigerator. Will keep for up to 7 days.
Blueberry topping can be made well in advance and refrigerated in its own container. It can also be used on pancakes, waffles, French toast, scones or English muffins.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1, 2x2" square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Speak Your Mind