Easy & Healthy Pumpkin Overnight Oats Recipe!
If you love everything pumpkin spice, then these Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats will be your thing! This healthy pumpkin overnight oats recipe is made with simple, whole ingredients that take just minutes to stir together. When you wake up, your healthy breakfast will be waiting!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats that taste just like the holiday dessert!
First paragraph including key word phrase in first sentence.
Like this recipe? Be sure to pin it to your _____ board!
Follow DelightfulEMade on Pinterest!
How do you make overnight oats?
Overnight oats are very simple to make – it’s simply a matter of mixing together the ingredients and refrigerating overnight. Here are the simple steps to making these delicious pumpkin pie overnight oats.
- In a mason jar or any resealable container, mix together the milk, yogurt, pumpkin, sweetener and vanilla.
- Using a whisk will help eliminate any lumps from the yogurt.
- To the wet ingredients, add the oats, chia seeds, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir together well using a rubber scraper or spoon.
Refrigerate the oats overnight
Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours to help the oats and chia seeds steep and soften.
Do this before you go to bed at night and when you wake up in the morning you’ll have a tasty, healthy and delicious ready and waiting!
How long should I refrigerate overnight oats?
Overnight oats will need at least 6 hours to steep and soften. They will taste the best and have the best texture after 1-2 days, but will keep refrigerated for up to 7 days.
For this reason, making overnight oats are a great breakfast meal prep option. You can make them on the weekend and enjoy for breakfast all throughout the week.
What can I top my pumpkin overnight oats with and still keep them healthy?
There are many options to topping your pumpkin overnight oats – here are just a few:
- Pecans and/or pecan butter (pictured above)
- Cinnamon, nutmeg and/or pumpkin pie spice
- Sliced bananas with a drizzle of honey
- Walnuts or pepitas
- Honey Crisp apple slices and cinnamon
- A drizzle of maple syrup and figs
- Pumpkin or apple butter
When choosing nut butters or pumpkin or apple butters, make sure to read your labels carefully. Choose products that contain little or no added sugars. Also, good quality nut butters will contain very few ingredients (look for just nuts/seeds and salt). Steer clear of any product containing added oils or sugars.
Can you eat overnight oats immediately?
Technically, yes. They will not do you harm, however, the taste and texture is optimal when the oats and chia seeds have the chance to “steep” or soften for at least 6 hours. They will taste better, taking on additional flavors (from the spices & pumpkin) and will be easier to digest.
How long do overnight oats last?
Overnight oats will last for up to 7 days. They will taste the best and have the best texture 1-2 days after they are made.
What oats are best for overnight oats?
Rolled Oats (non-instant, old-fashioned oats) or steel cut oats are ideal for making overnight oats. These oats are much more nutritious and less processed than instant oatmeal. I do NOT recommend using instant oatmeal to make overnight oats, as it will quickly turn to mush when combined with the milk and yogurt.
If you loved these Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats recipe, check out some of my other oatmeal recipes:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins – made with oats!
Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes – made with oats/oat flour!
Here’s the recipe for my Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats:
- 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c. rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. Monkfruit sweetener (like Lakanto granular sweetener)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl or mason jar, whisk together the milk, yogurt, pumpkin, vanilla and sweetener.
- To the wet ingredients, add the oats, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir together well to combine.
- Add a tight-fitting lid to the container and refrigerate the overnight oats for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Oats need a minimum of 6 hours to steep/soak before eating.
Oats will keep refrigerated for up to 7 days, however, they are best enjoyed 1-2 days after being made.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 54gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g