Looking for an easy, healthy strawberry overnight oats recipe? These strawberry shortcake overnight oats are super flavorful and incredibly healthy. Strawberry oats are a great breakfast for when you want to stay on track with healthy eating.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you need quick AND healthy breakfast options? Need something that you can grab on your way out the door in the morning? These strawberry oats are a fantastic options.
Made with no refined sugar and simple ingredients, these strawberry overnight oats are a fantastic healthy breakfast. This overnight oats recipe is great for weight loss, as it keeps you full and satiated for hours, staving off hunger.
What do I need to make strawberry overnight oats?
- Oats – I recommend using old fashioned rolls oats, not instant and not steel cut. Instant are processed and become mushy after being in liquid. Steel cut oats, while wonderfully nutrient dense, are a bit too hard and need to be cooked for best results.
- Plain Greek yogurt – I use Fage 2% or 5% plain Greek yogurt, as it’s super creamy and fantastic for overnight oats. You can also use vanilla Greek yogurt, just be sure to avoid any added and refined sugars on the label.
- Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk – you can use any dairy or plant-based milk you prefer.
- Chia seeds – these are optional for overnight oats, however, they add some great texture and nutritional value. Chia seeds are high in fiber and a great source Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sweetener – I provided a few options above for sweeteners. You can use a granular monk fruit or liquid sweetener of your choice. You could also use honey or maple syrup (these will increase the calorie content.)
- Vanilla extract – great for giving these oats that strawberry shortcake flavor.
- Strawberries – fresh strawberries are ideal, however, if they are out of season feel free to use frozen strawberries.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make strawberry overnight oats?
To make overnight oats, first mix the liquid ingredients together; milk, yogurt, vanilla and the sweetener. Using a whisk is the most helpful tool to quickly mix the wet ingredients.
To the wet ingredients, add in the dry oats and chia seeds. Using a rubber scraper or spoon, mix these together with the wet ingredients. Add in the chopped strawberries and stir.
Pour the mixture into a resealable container or mason jar. Overnight oats need to be refrigerated for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Mix your overnight oats together before you go to bed. When you wake up in the morning breakfast will be ready to go.
Other toppings and mix-in’s for strawberry shortcake overnight oats:
- Nuts – walnuts, almonds and cashews are a great way to add some crunch to your strawberry overnight oats. To keep the nuts crunchy, wait until just before enjoying to add the nuts.
- Nut Butter – almond, cashew and peanut butter are delicious with strawberries. Think PB&J flavors! Choose an nut butter with no refined sugar or added oils. The best nut butters are those that are just made with nuts and salt. Love peanut butter and oatmeal? Check out my peanut butter overnight oats recipe.
- Other berries and fruit – enjoy your strawberry overnight oats with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, bananas and/or mangoes.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the recipe at the bottom of the post. Thanks!
What containers are best for making and storing overnight oats?
Ideally any container that is resealable is best for making and storing overnight oats. Mason jars and meal prep containers are great, as they are stackable in your refrigerator. Check out my post for Best Meal Prep Containers for all of my favorite products.
Frequently asked questions about making overnight oats:
Once prepared, store overnight oats in a resealable container like a mason jar or meal prep container. Kept refrigerated, the oats will last for up to five days.
Yes, overnight oats are very healthy. Eating overnight oats will provide your body with a good amount of fiber, fiber and nutrients. Also if you’re adding chia seeds to your oats, you’ll also receive a good amount of Omega-3 fatty acids.
I recommend using both milk AND yogurt in your overnight oats. Milk is the necessary liquid that helps soften the oats, and the yogurt provides some nice creaminess and added protein.
Yes, overnight oats provide you with a good source of fiber and protein, both of which are helpful in weight loss. Fiber and protein also helps keep you full and satiated for hours, staving off hunger.
Overnight oats are traditionally enjoyed cold. However, if you prefer to enjoy oats hot, you can heat them up in the microwave before enjoying.
Overnight oats need to soak/refrigerate for at least 3 hours. For best results, mix the oats together before you go to bed and refrigerate overnight. Once you wake up in the morning, breakfast will be ready to go.
Love strawberries? Check out our other popular strawberry recipes:
- Strawberry Dump Cake
- Creamy Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Shortcake Martini
- Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff Salad
- White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Danish Breakfast Braid
Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats
- In a bowl, add the yogurt, milk, vanilla and sweetener. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add in the oats and chia seeds. Using a spoon, mix together until combined. Stir in the strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into a resealable container or mason jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, top with additional strawberries, if desired.