Caramel and chocolate come together to make one incredibly delicious treat! With just four ingredients, these Salted Caramel Fudge cups are soft, gooey, sweet and really easy to make!
If you don’t already know, I’m a lover of salty-sweet treats. I also adore caramel and chocolate – specifically, dark chocolate. With this in mind, I’m always looking for delicious, easy ways to bring these together in one ultra-delicious bite of goodness. That’s how these Salted Caramel Fudge Cups came to be.
For me, when making candies and fudge, especially during the holidays, they have to be easy to make. I’m not really willing to mess around with candy thermometers, and multiple steps for tempering chocolate. Luckily, I’ve created a candy that is super-easy to make, and only requires FOUR ingredients. Yes, that’s right, only four!
You’ll start by spraying a mini-muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. You can also line the tin with mini-muffin liners. I would definitely recommend the liners if you’re making these candies for dessert trays, or holiday gifts. Once these candies set out at room temperature for a while, they being to soften and lose their shape a bit. There are beautiful mini liners out there – I found some at Michael’s Craft store for under $2 for a 50 count set.
Here are the ingredients and easy steps to make these delicious, decadent Salted Caramel Fudge Cups:
- 1 (13 oz.) pkg, caramels
- 1 c. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- ½ c. heavy cream
- coarse or flake sea salt
- With non-stick cooking spray, generously spray a mini-muffin tin. Or place mini-muffin liners in each cup. (Liners are recommended if these candies will be at room temperature on dessert trays or for holiday gifts or treats, as they will help the caramels hold their shape.) You'll be preparing approximately 18-20 cups. Set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips to a bowl. In a small sauce pan, bring the heavy cream to a low simmer. Remove from heat right away and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Stir continually until all the chocolate and cream has combine and the chocolate is completely melted. Add a heaping teaspoon to each of the muffin cups, filling each cup about half way. Put the pan in the refrigerator to cool.
- While cooling, melt the caramels. In a microwave safe bowl, unwrap all the caramels and add about 1 Tbsp. of water to help the melting process. Heat the caramels for 1 minute at 50% powder. Stir and heat again for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir again. Repeat the process until the caramel is completely melted.
- Take the chocolate out of the fridge. While the caramel is still hot begin adding a heaping teaspoon full of caramel to each fudge cup. It should fill the cup to the top. Work quickly as the caramel will cool and become stiff. While the caramel is still warm, add a sprinkle of salt flakes/granules to each caramel cup. Refrigerate and let come to room temperature just before serving.
These Salted Caramel Fudge Cups are really easy to make. They’re wonderful for the holidays, and the perfect addition to any Cookie & Candy tray, great for holiday parties, and a wonderful treat to give to friends and neighbors. These would also be fantastic with a cup of hot chocolate on a cold night!
Any way you enjoy these candies, they’re sure to satisfy the most fierce sweet tooth. I know first hand!