How to Make Zucchini Pizza Bites the EASY Way!
Need a new idea for enjoying zucchini? Make this EASY, low-carb Zucchini Pizza Bites recipe. Just 6 ingredients are all you need to make this simple snack idea. Great as a healthy appetizer, too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How To Make Zucchini Pizza Bites
Did you plant zucchini in your garden this year, and now you have more than you know what to do with? This Zucchini Pizza Bites recipe is a fun, unique way to enjoy that zucchini, without making it into bread, cake, brownies or muffins.
All you need is 6 ingredients to make these pizza bites; zucchini, marinara or pizza sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan shredded cheese, pepperoni and Italian seasoning. Simply stack these little bites, bake ’em up and enjoy as a low-carb snack or appetizer.
Here’s how this easy zucchini recipe comes together:
Like this recipe? Be sure to pin it to your HEALTHY RECIPES board!
Follow DelightfulEMade on Pinterest!
What zucchini is best for these pizza bites?
Choose medium-sized 8-10″ zucchini’s and slice them approximately 1/4″ in thickness. When making these pizza bites, lay the slices flat on a baking sheet that has been lined with a silicone baking mat or a sheet of parchment paper.
What can I make with zucchini?
In addition to these low carb zucchini pizza bites, you can make a number of things with zucchini; both sweet and savory. Here are a some other zucchini recipe ideas:
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
How do you make zucchini pizza bites?
Here are the simple steps to assembling these easy pizza bites:
- Start by laying the sliced zucchini flat onto a lined baking sheet, making sure they are not overlapping.
- Next, top each zucchini slice with about 1 tsp. of marinara sauce.
- Then, about 1 tsp. of shredded mozzarella cheese to each zucchini.
- Next, top each zucchini with a slice of pepperoni.
- Lastly, top each zucchini with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning.
Are you shopping for ingredients at Target? While you’re there, pick up some of my 30 Best Healthy Target Snacks for some quick and easy healthy snack options.
How long do I bake zucchini pizza bites?
Bake the zucchini bites at 375 degrees for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
Can I refrigerate or freeze these pizza bites?
These pizza bites are best enjoyed right away. When refrigerated the zucchini becomes slightly watery and mushy.
If you loved this healthy snack recipe, check out some of my other similar recipes:
Check out my tutorial at Food.com for How to Make Salsa
Here’s my recipe for my baked pizza bites:
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick
- 2/3 c. marinara sauce
- 2/3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. sliced pepperoni (about 30 slices)
- 1/3 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- To the lined pan, add the zucchini slices in a single layer, not overlapping.
- Top each zucchini slice with about 1 tsp. of marinara, then about 1 tsp. of shredded mozzarella cheese, then a pepperoni slice, and then a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Top all of the assembled zucchini slices with a sprinkling of the Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minute on an upper rack, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
Will yield approximately 30 pizza bites. Single Serving: 3 bites.
Mini pepperoni's can be used instead of regular-sized pepperoni.
Marinara or pizza sauce can be used. Look for no-sugar added sauce to keep on the healthier side.