Looking for a healthy homemade ranch dressing? Look no further – this Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing tastes just like the real deal! Made with just 6 ingredients and NO oils or sugar, this healthy ranch dressing recipe will be your new go-to for ranch!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe using Greek Yogurt!
Is your favorite dressing ranch? Do you love the flavor, but not all the calories, toxic oils and high-fructose corn syrup that comes in the bottled stuff? Store-bought, bottled ranch dressing has a whopping 140 calories for 2 tablespoons of dressing!
You guys, we can do WAY better! This homemade Greek yogurt ranch dressing has just 6 ingredients, takes just 5 minutes to make, is just 44 calories per serving, as best of all tastes incredible!
Let me show you how EASY it is to make this Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Step 1: Start with your 6 ingredients
For this healthy homemade ranch dressing, you’ll need the following:
- Plain Greek yogurt – I prefer Fage 5% plain Greek yogurt
- White vinegar
- Garlic salt
- Dried parsley
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
(For exact ingredient amounts, be sure to reference the recipe card below.)
Step 2: Add all of the ingredient into a medium-sized bowl
Simply add all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Using a whisk, mix together until smooth.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing Consistency: Is it too thick or too thin for your liking?
- If you feel the dressing is too thick for your taste, add a bit more vinegar until you reach your desired consistency.
- If you feel the dressing is too thin for your liking, add a bit more yogurt to achieve your desired consistency.
Top your favorite salad and enjoy!
You’ll soon discover that this ranch dressing tastes JUST like the bottled ranch stuff. You’ll never buy the stuff off the shelf in the grocery store again. It’s a fantastic topping for my Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers.
Another bonus: making your own ranch dressing will save you money. It’s much more economical to make your own dressing versus the bottled stuff.
Recommended Salads for this delicious Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing:
Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad – a fantastic salad to meal prep and take to work!
Grilled Salmon Cobb Salad – incredibly delicious and nutrient dense!
Healthy Homemade Ranch Dressing FAQ’s:
What yogurt should I use for Greek yogurt ranch dressing?
- I prefer Fage full-fat (5%) plain Greek yogurt. Do NOT use vanilla yogurt or fruit-flavored yogurt, only plain. Any plain Greek yogurt will work in this recipe. I prefer full fat, as it adds a wonderful creaminess to the dressing.
How long does Greek yogurt ranch dressing last?
- This homemade ranch dressing will last up to two weeks, refrigerated in an air-tight container. A mason jar with a tight fitting lid works well.
What is ranch seasoning made of?
- For my recipe, I use garlic salt, onion powder, dried parsley and black pepper. After much testing, this combination best mimics the packaged and bottled ranch seasoning perfectly. Feel free to also add dried chives, dried onion flakes or dill. (For exact seasoning amounts, be sure to reference the recipe card below.)
Is store-bought, bottled ranch dressing bad for you?
- Short answer; yes! The first ingredient in almost all bottled, store-bought salad dressings is highly-toxic vegetable oil (classified as soybean or canola oil). These dressings also contain a hefty amounts of sugar. On average, store-bought ranch dressing contains 140 calories for a serving size of 2 tablespoons.
How do I prevent dressing from making my salad soggy?
- When meal prepping or packing your salad for lunch or dinner later, make sure you are storing your dressing in a separate container. Not only does this keep your salad crisp, it’s a good way to measure out your portion (2 tablespoons). When I make my salads, I like to measure out my dressing at this time as well. I will grab my salad and a cup of dressing to save myself time in the morning.
- Meal prep containers I use and love: These Glass Meal Prep Containers by Prep Naturals are my go-to container for salads. They’re durable, microwave/dishwasher/oven/freezer/refrigerator safe, have sealing/leak-proof lids and are the perfect size for salads. These small 4 oz. Ball Mason Jars are great for storing your dressing.
If you loved this healthy ranch dressing recipe, then check out some of my other similar recipes:
- Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Healthy Caesar Dressing
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- Lemon Olive Oil Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
- Healthy Egg Salad
- Turkey & Veggie Snack Wraps
Are you a salad lover? Then be sure to check out some of my favorite salad recipes:
- Blueberry Spring Mix Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Healthy Broccoli Salad with Apples & Cherries
- Chicken Taco Salad – an awesome meal prep lunch!
- Honey Crisp Apple & Sweet Kale Salad
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Here’s the recipe for my delicious Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing:
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt, full-fat (I like Fage 5%)
- 1/3 c. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In a medium bowl, add the Greek yogurt, vinegar, garlic salt, dried parsley, onion powder and pepper. Whisk together until smooth.
- Enjoy right away. Pour on top of salads or dip your veggies.
One serving = 2 Tbsp. of dressing. This recipe will yield approximately 20 servings.
Store in an airtight container (mason jars work well) for up to two weeks. The vinegar will act as a natural preservative.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 35Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g