Amazing Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting!
Chocolate and strawberries just go together! These decadent Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting are incredible! Made with super moist, delicious chocolate cake, studded with Ghirardelli Premium Baking Chips, topped with a strawberry cream cheese frosting and garnished with a Ghirardelli chocolate. The ultimate Valentine’s Day Cupcakes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Your new favorite Valentine’s Day Cupcakes recipe!
I have fond memories of Valentine’s Day, and most of these memories involve decadent treats, and delicious chocolates. In fact, chocolate and Valentine’s Day go together, much like chocolate and Ghirardelli. These cupcakes are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for all of the sweethearts in your life!
What type of cake are these double chocolate cupcakes?
The cake inside these delicious cupcakes is amazing! It’s also really easy to bring together, as it starts off with a cake mix, along a few other goodies to it, making it super moist and delicious.
The Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Premium Chocolate Baking Chips added to the batter, absolutely make the cupcake. Not only is the extra addition of chocolate fabulous, but its perfect to bite into the cake and have chocolate chips in every bite!
What type of frosting is on these Valentine’s Day Cupcakes?
The strawberry cream cheese frosting is wonderfully complimentary to the chocolate cake. It adds a level of creaminess and freshness that is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I used my recipe for How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting and added fresh strawberries to it. Not only is the flavor amazing, but it will naturally color the frosting a light pink.
Could you use more Valentine’s Day treat inspiration? Check out some of my other Valentine’s Day treats:
Funfetti Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars – with pretty pink frosting!
Here’s how these fabulous Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting come together:
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 box (4 serving size) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- For Frosting:
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) brick, cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 c. diced fresh strawberries
- 5-6 c. powdered sugar
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Valentine's Impressions Chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners (24 cupcakes). Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, mix together the cake mix, milk, butter, eggs, sour cream, and pudding mix. Mix together until smooth. Batter will be thick. Fold in the chocolate baking chips. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full, and bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool.
- While the cupcakes cool, mix the frosting. First, cream together the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy and smooth, begin adding the powdered sugar one cup at a time, and slowly add the strawberries. For a stiffer frosting, add more powdered sugar. Depending on how juicy the strawberries are, you may need to add more sugar.
- Frost the cupcakes, using a piping bag and a large, open tip. Top with a Ghirardelli Chocolate Valentine's Impressions Chocolates. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4831Total Fat: 185gSaturated Fat: 115gCholesterol: 535mgSodium: 1684mgCarbohydrates: 791gSugar: 711gProtein: 35g
This Valentine’s Day, I hope you and your sweethearts get to enjoy these delicious cupcakes. These cupcakes are great for classroom Valentine’s Day party treats, a great workplace treat or fun for you and your family to enjoy on Heart Day!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.