The most flavorful, delicious Salmon you’ll ever have! This healthy, easy dinner comes together in minutes and is topped with my fresh, delicious Pineapple Mango Salsa! Perfect any day of the week! Only 8 Weight Watchers Smart Points per serving, Gluten Free, and Paleo Friendly, too!!
Are you trying to make some healthier food choices in 2016? I’m with ya! I typically have a hard time when it comes to dinner, as I’m trying to not only make healthy choices for myself and family, but I also have multiple people and preferences to consider. One dish my family really loves is Salmon! I’ve added a few easy, delicious components to this salmon for an incredibly healthy, flavorful meal that comes together in minutes!
The first thing I did was make an easy glaze that will go over that salmon as it cooks in the skillet. I included the zest and juice of a lemon, lime juice, orange juice, garlic and honey! Super-simple, and the flavor that it adds to the salmon is wonderful!
When choosing salmon at the grocery store or market, I always try to find wild-caught Sockeye salmon. This fish will have a nice, red color, and be a bit more nutritious than farm-raised. Wild-caught is typically a bit more expensive than farm-raised, but the flavor, in my opinion, is superior!
Add the thawed salmon to your skillet, skin-side down, and spoon half of the glaze over the salmon. Let cook for about 3-4 minutes, and add the remaining glaze to the salmon, and cook for a few more minutes. You have a wonderfully cooked, healthy meal in a matter of minutes!
I topped my salmon with my complementary Tropical Pineapple Mango Salsa. The fruity, crunchy salsa goes wonderfully with the sweet, citrusy salmon! The pineapple, mango, oranges, and savory onions take this meal over the top – you’ll never know this dish is incredibly healthy for you!
Here’s the easy, delicious recipe for my Honey Citrus Glazed Salmon:
- 3-4, 4 oz. Salmon Fillets, (preferably Wild-Caught)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon, about 1/4 c. juice
- juice of 1 lime, about 1/4 cup.
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves, minced garlic (about 2 tsp.)
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon zest and juice, lime juice, orange juice, honey and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat for about a minute. Add the salmon fillets, skin-side down. Immediately spoon half of the glaze mixture over the salmon, over the skillet with a lid, and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining glaze over the salmon, and cook for about 2 more minutes. Test the salmon with a fork, to flake tender. (Gently pull the salmon to the side with a fork, if it flakes, it is done.)
- Serve right away.
Click here to get the recipe for my Tropical Pineapple Mango Salsa.
Including the Pineapple Mango Salsa, this meal is only 8 Weight Watchers Smart Points per serving! Excellent dinner option!!
I hope your journey to eating healthier in 2016 is successful! This healthy, delicious salmon recipe will definitely get you closer to your goal! Enjoy! ~Erin