Loaded Crock Pot Chili
Loaded with delicious peppers, onion, beans and ground beef, this Loaded Crock Pot Chili recipe is amazing! A fantastic healthy dinner idea that’s easy enough for any night of the week.
Chili is something that my family absolutely loves during the winter months. A warm, comforting bowl of soup is always welcome on cold nights. This Loaded Slow Cooker Chili recipe is fantastic – not only does it taste amazing, it’s incredibly simple to make. It’s just a matter of browning ground beef, chopping up a pepper and onion and letting the slow cooker do the rest.
My chili recipe probably isn’t much different that most others, however, I tend to enjoy this recipe because of all the extras I throw in. I like to include green and red peppers, onions, beans and plenty of toppings. That’s why I call it “Loaded.” I also like it a little more “brothy” than the standard chili.
Here’s a few tips and the tools I use to make this delicious crock pot chili recipe:
The Slow Cooker I use and love for this crock pot chili:
I use and love my Cuisinart 3-in-1 Multi-Cooker Slow Cooker – I’ve had it for several years now and use it for way more than just chili and soup. It’s the perfect size for roasts and whole chickens. I continually use it during the holidays for side-dishes like my Everything Thanksgiving Stuffing and my Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole. I also love it for making my Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken and my Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef.
Crock Pot Chili FAQ’s:
How do I make crock pot chili thicker?
- My recipe calls for 1 cup of water to be added to the chili. If you prefer a thicker chili consistency, leave out the water.
Can you put raw meat in crock pot for chili?
- I would not recommend it. The meat will cook, however, you will have large, uneven chunks of meat that have not incorporated with the chili. It will also have to cook much longer (like at least 8 hours on low, or 5 hours on high). To be safe, brown the ground beef first.
Can I leave out the beans for this crock pot chili recipe?
- Yes! If you do not prefer beans in your chili (this recipe calls for both kidney and cannellini beans) simply leave out.
Toppings to include with this Crock Pot Chili:
Once the chili is ready to serve, add your favorite toppings. Here are a few we love:
- Green Onions (scallions)
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips – great for dipping and scooping!
- Sliced Avocados or avocado mash
What are your favorite toppings for chili? I would love to hear about how you make this spicy soup. Do you serve it over noodles (Cincinnati Style)? Do you add brown sugar like my brother, Jared? I’ve come to the conclusion that the chili you make and enjoy must fit your personality. How spicy are you?
If you loved this delicious Crock Pot Chili recipe, be sure to check out some of my other chili recipes:
If you love cooking with ground beef, check out these quick & easy ground beef recipes:
Cowboy Nacho Bites at Real Housemom’s
Here’s the recipe for my Loaded Slow Cooker Chili:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained of grease
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans, diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can, cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large (or two small) yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- (optional) 1 c. water (to make it a bit brothy, otherwise omit water for a thicker consistency)
- Brown and drain ground beef of any excess grease. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, rinsed beans, chopped peppers, chopped onions, minced garlic and the seasoning. Stir to combine ingredients.
- To cook, set slow cooker on low for 6 hrs, or on high for 3 hours. Stir occasionally if needed.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2883Total Fat: 176gSaturated Fat: 66gCholesterol: 510mgSodium: 4396mgCarbohydrates: 158gSugar: 26gProtein: 163g