Let me introduce you to your new favorite chili recipe! This Hearty Chipotle Steak Chili is an amazing dinner option that’s loaded with tender sirloin steak, beans, peppers and tomatoes. Perfect if you love a hot, delicious bowl of soup on a cold day!
I personally love a hearty bowl of chili anytime the weather turns cold and blustery. To me, soup is warm, comforting and a wonderful way to re-energize after a long day. It’s almost as if this pot of soup is wrapping its comforting arms around your body the way a mother comforts a weeping child. Sitting in front of a bowl of this Hearty Chipotle Steak Chili is amazing for both your body and soul!
This hearty soup is loaded with everything that makes chili amazing – onions, peppers, tomatoes, two types of beans, and tender, delicious sirloin steak! At our house, chili is not only a go-to dinner option, but it’s one of our favorite football foods! Having a big pot of chili simmering away is ideal for cheering on your favorite team on a Saturday or Sunday, and even better for tailgating!
This recipe is super simple to make, and is done in under 30 minutes. This recipe can be simply made on the stove-top, or in a slow cooker. The stove-top version will simmer for approximately 15 minutes. The slow-cooker cook time will be longer – 3-4 hours on high, or 5-6 hours on low. Either way you make it, this recipe is hearty, comforting and completely delicious!
One ingredient to this recipe, that I don’t have in my Loaded Slow Cooker Chili or my Lime Chicken Chili is chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. You can find chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the international foods section of your grocery store. I used approximately 3 tablespoons of the adobo sauce, along with two of the peppers, which I diced. I added both the sauce and peppers to the steak before I browned it. You can actually marinate the steak with these two ingredients to have a deeper, more smokey/spicy steak. Chipotle peppers will add some spice to your chili – if you want a milder flavor, cut the peppers down to one or eliminate entirely.
Here’s the recipe for this Hearty Chipotle Steak Chili:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. Sirloin tips, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can, red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can, great northern beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can, tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can, diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a medium bowl, add the sirloin tips, adobo sauce, and chipotle peppers. Stir to coat the steak. Set aside.
- Heat a Dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Remove from pot.
- To the same pot, add the coated steak, and saute until mostly browned. Add the cooked peppers and onions to the browned steak. Add the rinsed beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring chili to low boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes. Ladle into bowls and top with your favorite toppings like sour cream, shredded cheese, or jalepeno peppers.
- Slow Cooker Options: Follow same instructions. Cooking times are 3-4 hours on high, or 5-6 hours on low.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 7gCarbohydrates: 4g