Healthy White Chicken Chili
Looking for something simple, healthy and delicious for dinner tonight? This Healthy White Chicken Chili is the answer! Made with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry and fridge, this Easy White Chicken Chili comes together in under 30 minutes.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This White Bean Chicken Chili recipe is the perfect healthy, easy dinner idea!
Chili is one of those dinner options that my family always loves. I love it too, as it’s healthy, filling and easy to make on a busy weeknight. This Healthy White Chicken Chili definitely checks all those boxes. Loaded with protein-rich chicken and beans along with peppers, onions, corn and chiles makes this easy white chicken chili recipe taste amazing!
Like this recipe? Be sure to pin it to your DINNER board!
Follow DelightfulEMade on Pinterest!
Here’s how this simple, easy & delicious Healthy White Chicken Chili comes together:
Step 1: Start by sauteing the pepper, onion and garlic
In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pepper and onion and cook until the onion becomes clear and translucent – about 7-10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for a couple more minutes.
Step 2: Measure out your spices
While the pepper and onion is cooking, it’s a good time to measure out your spices. The spices I’ve included are cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, black pepper, and oregano.
Can I use a pre-bought chili spice mix for this healthy white chicken chili?
- Sure, just be sure to read your labels carefully. Check the health food section at your grocery store for simple spice mixes – the only ingredients should just be the spices themselves. Be on the lookout for extra added ingredients that you do not need.
Step 3: Add the rest of the ingredients to the pepper & onions
To the pot, add the rest of the ingredients: chicken, broth, beans, corn, chiles and spices. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
Can I use rotisserie chicken for this white bean chicken chili recipe?
- Yes, definitely! Pre-cooked store-bought rotisserie chicken is a great option and time-saver for this soup recipe.
If you shop at Costco, they offer pre-packaged, shredded chicken in their prepared food section. Check out my post for the Things I Buy at Costco for healthy meals.
Step 4: Chili is ready – Top with your favorite chili toppings!
Once done simmering, your white bean chicken chili is ready to serve. Serve with all of your favorite chili toppings.
Here are some of my favorite chili toppings:
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Diced green onions
- Sliced jalapenos
- Avocado slices
- Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheeses
- Lime wedges for lime juice
- Tortilla chips or strips (look for good quality chips – try to avoid anything that has been cooked in corn, canola or vegetable oil.)
FAQ’s about making Healthy White Chicken Chili:
Can white chicken chili be frozen?
- Yes, you can definitely freeze white chicken chili. Once the chili has cooled to room temperature, place in individual meal prep containers with a tight fitting lid. Freeze for up to two months.
How long can you keep white chicken chili?
- White chicken chili will keep for up to 5 days refrigerated in an airtight container. It can be frozen for up to two months.
How do you thicken white bean chicken chili?
- Use less broth. Cut the amount of broth by have (32 ounces down to 16 ounces.), OR
- Once the white bean chicken chili is done cooking, you can make it creamy by adding 1/2 cup of sour cream. Stir well to incorporate.
Can I make white chicken chili in a crock pot?
- Yes! It is very easy. Simply add all of your ingredient to your crock pot or slow cooker, and set on high for 4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. No need to saute your peppers and onions – the slow cooker will do the work for you.
If you loved this delicious and Easy White Chicken Chili, then be sure to check out some of my other chili and soup recipes:
Loaded Crock Pot Chili with Ground Beef
Are you on the hunt for some healthy, easy dinner options that you can meal prep? These are some of my faves!
Here’s the recipe for my easy White Chicken Chili:
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. pre-cooked chicken, diced or shredded (store-bought rotisserie chicken works well)
- 1 (32 oz) carton, reduced-sodium chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can, cannellini beans
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can, great northern white beans
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can, yellow sweet corn
- 1 (4 oz.) can, diced green mild chiles
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- To a large stock pot or Dutch oven, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and bell pepper. Saute for 7-10 minutes. Add the minced garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- To the pot, add the remaining ingredients: chicken, broth, beans, corn, chiles, and all spices. Stir well and cover with lid until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve right away while hot and top with your favorite chili toppings.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Crock Pot or Slow Cooker Instructions: Add all ingredients to your slow cooker, stir well. Set on high for 4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. No need to saute peppers and onions - the slow cooker will do the work for you.
Topping ideas: sour cream, sliced jalapenos, diced green onions, fresh cilantro, avocado slices, guacamole, tortilla chips or strips (find good quality - nothing cooked in corn, vegetable or canola oil!)
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2311Total Fat: 75gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 498mgSodium: 5861mgCarbohydrates: 245gSugar: 41gProtein: 185g