This rice krispie cake recipe will be your new favorite spring treat! Super easy to make, this rice krispie cake is made in a bundt pan, and loaded with colorful spring M&M’s candies, and drizzled with pretty pastel candy melts. Perfect for Easter and a fun, kid-friendly treat!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Spring Rice Krispie Cake recipe – the perfect Easter Treat!
This super simple rice krispie cake recipe is the ultimate Easter treat. Made with a simple rice krispie treat base and added to a Bundt pan to create the shape. White Chocolate M&M candies are added to the cereal treats and then decorated with colorful candy melts, this rice krispie cake will be a show-stopper for your Easter dinner or spring celebration.
As a kid, I ate what seems to be thousands of rice krispie treats. Because they are so easy to make, we learned to make them by ourselves pretty early on. Between my brother and I, we could easily go through a batch in an afternoon! We eventually discovered the art of putting M&M’s in with the cereal – oh, my! They went from good, to AMAZING! Have I ever mentioned that M&M’s are my favorite candy?
What kind of M&M’s are used in this rice krispie cake?
I use white chocolate M&M’s that are typically found with the Easter candy. However, you can use any type of M&M’s you prefer.
You can also go with one color of M&M’s, or substitute jelly beans, which are readily available all year long, regardless of season.
Where can I find candy melts?
Candy melts can be found at most craft and discount stores (like Walmart) and come in a wide variety of colors. I chose yellow, turquoise and pink for a fun, spring themed palate.
Can I make this rice krispie cake recipe for a birthday party?
Yes! Because the candy melts come is a wide variety of colors, you can customize the color combination. This krispie cake would be great for a kids birthday party or celebration, a fun classroom treat using the school colors or even a tailgate party featuring your favorite teams colors!
Where should I serve this krispie cake?
This Spring Krispie Cake is perfect for a spring celebration, a post-Easter egg hunt treat, a cute treat for a classroom celebration, or any other time you’re looking for a fun and pretty snack. It would also be perfect for a birthday party, Mother’s Day or any celebration.
How difficult is it to make this rice krispie cake recipe?
This rice krispie cake recipe is easy to make. If you can make rice krispie treats, you can make this! Its basically just your regular rice krispie treat recipe, adding some M&M’s and preparing in a bundt pan.
How do I make sure the rice krispie cake doesn’t stick to the pan?
Make sure you use non-stick spray to coat the inside of the Bundt pan before adding the rice krispie mixture. I also find it helpful to lightly spray your hands when pressing the rice krispie mixture into the pan.
What is the best way to cut this rice krispie cake?
I found the best knife to use is a medium-sized serrated knife. It will cut through the cake easily and leave clean, uniform slices.
If you enjoyed this fun, easy rice krispie cake recipe, be sure to check out some of my other cereal treat recipes:
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Fruity Pebbles Treats
- Rice Krispie Christmas Trees
- Spring Flower Rice Krispie Pops
- Candy Corn Krispie Cake
- Easter Chick OREO Pops
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Spring Rice Krispie Cake Recipe
This Spring Krispie Cake is perfect for a fun, springtime snack! Adults and kids will love these!
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 40 Large Marshmallows
- 6 c. krispie rice cereal
- 1 c. White Chocolate M&M's (found at Target. Regular M&M's are great, too!)
- 1/2 c. candy melts (1/2 c. for each color you choose)
- In a bundt pan, generously spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows, and toss in the butter to coat. Microwave for 1 min, 30 seconds until the marshmallow are completely melted. Stop at 45 seconds to stir. Add the cereal, and stir until the marshmallow and cereal is combined. Add 3/4 cup of the M&M's and stir until dispersed into the cereal/marshmallow mixture. Press the mixture into the bundt pan. Let the mixture set for about 10 minutes to harden. Invert on to a plate. Press the remaining M&M's into top of the cake where needed.
- Melt the candy melts in a small microwave safe bowl, on 30 second increments until completely melted. Drizzle over the cake. Do this with each color you wish to use. Let the cake set for about 30 minutes or until the candy drizzle hardens. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 968Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 1191mgCarbohydrates: 148gSugar: 17gProtein: 12g
I hope you get to enjoy this fun, springtime treat with your friends and family!
Speak Your Mind