If you love candy corn, then this Candy Corn Krispie Cake is for you. It’s layered to look like candy corn and drizzled with candy melts, this rice krispie cake makes the perfect fall treat!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make a Rice Krispie Cake
I created this fun, easy-to-make treat by simply adapting the standard rice krispie treat recipe that comes on the side of the cereal box. If you enjoy the classic rice krispie treats, you’ll love this!
For this rice krispie cake recipe, here’s what you’ll need:
- A bundt cake pan
- Orange, yellow and white candy melts
- Candy corn
- Rice Krispies or store brand cereal
- Marshmallows (mini or regular)
- Marshmallow fluff
- Orange and Yellow food coloring
- Non-Stick cooking spray
How to layer this Candy Corn Rice Krispie Cake:
- To make the top portion white, I simply added marshmallow fluff to the rice krispie treat recipe, and topped with candy corn.
- The second layer is the standard rice krispie treat recipe, colored with orange food coloring in the melted marshmallow, and also topped with candy corn.
- The third and final layer is the rice krispie treat with yellow food coloring added to the melted marshmallow. The end result, is a pretty layered rice krispie treat with candy corn nestled into each layer.
How to decorate the Krispie Cake:
Once the layers are complete, invert the bundt pan onto a plate, and your rice krispie cake will come out beautifully.
Next, in separate bowls, melt the yellow, orange and white candy melts according to package directions. Stir with a spoon, and then lightly drizzle each color over the top of the cake.
Where can I find candy melts?
You can find just about any color of candy melt at your local craft store. Amazon also offers a great autumn color set by Wilton that includes the yellow, orange and white.
Don’t those layers look pretty? I was really happy with how it turned out, and was Harrison and the rest of our neighborhood friends that we shared it with. As soon as I brought the cake outside to share with our friends, both kids and grown-ups couldn’t take their eyes (or their fingers) off the cake. Needless to say, it was a huge hit, and gone in a matter of moments!
If you loved this cake, I also have a Spring Krispie Cake that includes beautiful pastel colors and stuffed with Easter M&M’s!
If you loved this fun Candy Corn Krispie Cake, check out some of my other fall and Halloween recipes:
- Halloween Candy Bark in a Boo Basket
- Halloween Party Buffet Ideas
- The BEST Halloween Party Foods
- Chocolate Sugar Cookie Spiders
- Halloween Spider Web Cupcakes
- Marshmallow Mummy Pops
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Rice Krispie Christmas Trees
Here is the easy recipe and directions for making your very own Candy Corn Krispie Cake:
- 6 c. Krispie Rice cereal
- 5 c. mini marshmallows
- 2 large spoonfuls (about 1/2 c.) marshmallow fluff
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. candy corn candies
- yellow and orange food coloring
- 1/2 c. each, white, orange and yellow candy melts
- With non-stick cooking spray, spray the inside of a bundt or tube pan. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt one Tbsp. butter, add 1c. marshmallows to the melted butter, and stir. Melt the marshmallows for about 30 seconds on medium heat. Add 2 c. cereal to the melted marshmallows and stir well. Add the 2 large spoonfuls of the marshmallow fluff, and stir thoroughly. Lightly spray your hands with non-stick spray. Using your hands, firmly press the white cereal mixture into the bottom of the bundt pan. Add 1/2 cup of the candy corn to the top of the white cereal mixture.
- For the second layer, melt another tablespoon of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add two cups of marshmallows, and stir. Melt on medium power for 30-45 seconds. Stir the melted marshmallows, and add several drops of the orange food coloring. Add 2 cups of cereal and stir thoroughly. Spray hands and firmly press the orange mixture onto the top of the white mixture. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of candy corn to the top of the orange layer.
- For the third layer, melt the last tablespoon of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add two cups of marshmallows, and stir. Melt on medium power for 30-45 seconds. Stir the melted marshmallows, and add several drops of the yellow food coloring. Add 2 cups of cereal and stir thoroughly. Spray hands and firmly press the yellow mixture onto the top of the orange mixture. Let the pan set for a few minutes to cool. Invert the pan onto a plate, and the cake will come right out.
- Melt each of the three candy melt colors in their own bowls. (Follow the label on the candy melts for proper melting directions.) Drizzle the cake with each of the candy melts, and let set before serving.
I hope you get to enjoy this krispie cake as much as we have. It makes such a fantastic party food, a fun bake sale treat or just something tasty to surprise your family with. My son Harrison was certainly surprised with this fun cake. Not only did it bring Harrison joy, but our friends and neighbors got to enjoy it as well.