Looking for an easy Starbucks caramel frappuccino recipe you can make at home? This quick and simple caramel frappe recipe needs just 5 ingredients. It comes together in just moments and is a great way to save time and money on a busy morning!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you love ordering a caramel frappuccino at Starbucks, but tired of paying $4+ every time you’re there? Good news! You can now make your favorite caramel frappe from Starbucks with just 5 simple ingredients.
This easy caramel frappuccino recipe comes together in just moments in a blender. I’ve also included a few ingredients to save you on sugar and calories. You’ll still have the same amazing flavor as your favorite Starbucks drink.
What do I need to make a Starbucks caramel frappuccino recipe at home?
- Ice – this will give your frappuccino that cold, creamy texture that everyone loves.
- Cold brew coffee – you can purchase cold brew at the grocery store, or you can make homemade cold brew coffee at home.
- Milk – I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk to save some calories, but you can use any dairy or plant-based milk of your preference.
- Caramel sauce – I use and enjoy Torani caramel sauce, which is a great option when making coffee drinks. I also use this sauce in my Iced Caramel Latte and my Caramel Brulee Latte.
- Sweetener – I prefer a granular monk fruit sweetener like Lakanto. This is a great option to keep the sugar and calories to a minimum without sacrificing flavor and sweetness.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
Do I need a blender to make a frappuccino?
A blender is necessary in making a frappuccino at home. You can use a small, single cup blender or a full sized blender with a pitcher/jar. A blender is necessary for breaking up and pureeing the ice.
I use and love my Blendtec Designer Series Blender. It can accommodate multiple jars, including a single-serving cup, and a jar for blending thicker batters, flours and nut butters.
This is the Blender I use almost DAILY! Everything from smoothies, to cocktails, to waffle and muffin batter and even nut butter, this ultrapowerful blender creates an amazing puree every time. It’s very durable and made to last!
How do I make a frappuccino?
To make a frappuccino, to a blender add the ice, coffee, milk, caramel sauce and sweetener. Blend on medium-high speed for 30-45 minutes or until ice is pureed. Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream and additional caramel sauce, if desired.
To make your frappuccino thicker, add extra ice or consider adding a teaspoon of Xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is a thickener that is especially helpful in preventing drinks from separating.
Ingredient Substitutions and Recommendations:
- Protein Powder – looking to add some extra protein and nutrients to your frappuccino? Add a serving of your favorite protein powder. I would recommend a vanilla, chai or pumpkin spice flavor. I personally like Orgain Organic Vanilla Protein Powder.
- Espresso – instead of cold brew coffee, try adding a couple shots of freshly brewed espresso. I have a Nespresso Virtuo machine that can easily brew fresh espresso at home. I’ve posted a link to the machine I have below. I use this for making my Cinnamon Dolce Latte. So super easy!
- Xanthan gum – Xanthan gum is an ideal thickening agent. It will prevent your caramel frappe recipe from separating. Adding just a teaspoon to your drink will help keep it creamy.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the recipe at the bottom of the post. Thanks!
Want to make both coffee AND espresso at home? This is the machine I use and LOVE. The fresh espresso is amazing and the brewed coffee tastes equally fantastic. I highly recommend!
Frequently asked questions about caramel frappe recipe:
A caramel frappuccino does contain coffee. A Starbucks caramel frappuccino does contain coffee.
According to the Starbucks nutrition menu, a blended caramel frappuccino contains 90 mg of caffeine.
A Starbucks caramel frappuccino contains ice, milk, coffee frappuccino syrup, whipped cream, coffee, caramel syrup and caramel sauce.
For a grande (medium, 16 oz.) drink, it has 380 calories, 54 grams of sugar and 16 grams of fat.
Love Starbucks recipes? Check out our other Starbucks snack recipes:
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
- Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf
- Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
If you loved this frappuccino recipe, check out some of our other frappe ideas:
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup cold brew coffee (or strong brewed coffee, cooled)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce (divided)
- 2 tablespoons granular monk fruit sweetener, like Lakanto or Whole Earth
- Whipped Cream for topping
- To a blender, add the ice, coffee, milk, 3 tablespoons of the caramel sauce, and the sweetener.
- Add a tight fitting lid to the blender. Blend on medium-high speed for 30-45 seconds or until ice is completely pureed.
- Pour into a tall glass. Top with whipped cream and drizzle on the remaining caramel sauce. Enjoy right away while cold.
Would you like a thicker frappuccino? Add in extra ice and blend until you reach your desired consistency. You can also add 1 teaspoon of Xanthan gum, which is a natural thickener.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Blendtec Designer 725 Blender - WildSide+ Jar (90 oz) and Twister Jar (37 oz) BUNDLE - Professional-Grade Power - Self-Cleaning - 6 Pre-Programmed Cycles - 100-Speeds - Gunmetal/Black
Torani Puremade Sauce, Caramel, 16.5 Ounces(Pack of 4)
[ 4 Pack ] Glass Cups Set - 24oz Mason Jar Drinking Glasses w Bamboo Lids & Straws & 2 Airtight Lids - Cute Reusable Boba Bottle, Iced Coffee Glasses, Travel Tumbler for Bubble Tea, smoothie, Juice
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 395mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g