If you love ordering an iced vanilla latte at Starbucks, but don’t want the added sugar, this iced skinny vanilla latte is for you. Made with just 3 ingredients, this iced vanilla latte recipe can be made in just moments. Great for saving time, calories and money!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Grabbing a cold, delicious Starbucks iced vanilla latte is a treat that many of us love. However, at over $4 a drink, ordering one several times a week can be a real hit to your wallet, not to mention unwanted calories.
This homemade iced vanilla latte is a fantastic alternative. Made with much healthier ingredients, this iced latte can be customized to your taste. Best of all, the ingredients needed are a small fraction of the price of buying an iced latte at the coffee shop every day.
What do I need to make an iced skinny vanilla latte at home?
- Ice – adding ice to your glass or tumbler is essential in keeping your latte cold.
- Milk – I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, but feel free to use your preferred dairy or plant-based milk.
- Espresso – I use and love my Nespresso machine to make both espresso and regular brewed coffee. These Nespresso espresso pods are perfect for coffee drinks like this iced latte.
- Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup – I used this Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup, which is great for adding to coffee drinks.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make an iced vanilla latte?
To make an iced vanilla latte, fill a glass with ice. Add in your preferred milk. To the milk, pour in the vanilla syrup. Lastly, pour in fresh brewed espresso. Stir together well and enjoy right away while cold.
When making an iced latte, I recommend adding the milk and the vanilla syrup to the glass first. Stir these together, then add in the espresso.
Want to make both coffee AND espresso at home? This is the machine I use and LOVE. The fresh espresso is amazing and the brewed coffee tastes equally fantastic. I highly recommend!
Ingredient Substitutions and Recommendations:
- Espresso – don’t have espresso option at home? No problem. You can use either strong brewed coffee OR instant espresso. Cafe Bustelo instant espresso is a great option if you don’t have an espresso machine at home.
- Milk – any milk works well for this latte recipe. Any dairy milk (whole, 2% or skim) works well, and any non-dairy, plant based milk works well also. I recommend keeping the milk very cold before adding it to the ice.
- Vanilla syrup – would you rather have a syrup that’s homemade? Check out my recipe for homemade vanilla bean syrup here.
Frequently asked questions about lattes:
A regular latte includes steamed (or cold for an iced latte) milk and a shot of espresso. A vanilla latte will include the milk, espresso and vanilla syrup.
According to Starbucks menu, a Starbucks iced latte includes ice, your choice of milk, and Starbucks espresso.
On average, there is one shot of vanilla syrup ( 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons) in a small to medium sized latte.
A skinny vanilla latte is made with skim milk, sugar free vanilla syrup and espresso.
Check out some of our homemade Starbucks drink and treat recipes:
- Starbucks Pink Drink Recipe
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
- Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Recipe
- Skinny Starbucks Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
- Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew
- Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Apple Scones
If you loved this homemade iced vanilla latte recipe, check out some of these other similar posts:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar free vanilla syrup
- 1 (1 oz.) shot of espresso (fresh brewed or instant)
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour the milk over the ice into the glass. Add in the vanilla syrup and the espresso.
- Stir together and enjoy right away while cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sweese Double Walled Glass Coffee Mugs - 12.5 oz Insulated Espresso Cups Set of 2, Perfect for Cappuccino, Latte, Americano, Tea Bag, Beverage (413.101)
Lavazza Prontissimo Espresso Premium Instant Coffee 95g
[ 4 Pack ] Glass Cups Set - 24oz Mason Jar Drinking Glasses w Bamboo Lids & Straws & 2 Airtight Lids - Cute Reusable Boba Bottle, Iced Coffee Glasses, Travel Tumbler for Bubble Tea, smoothie, Juice
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g