Do you love ordering a Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte? Now you can make this delicious caramel brulee latte recipe at home with just a few simple ingredients. Easy directions on making it hot or iced!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you a caramel lover? Then you’ve likely enjoyed a caramel brulee latte at Starbucks a time or two. This classic Starbucks latte is quite simple to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
In this post I’ll show you exactly how to make this caramel brulee latte recipe at home, what you’ll need to make it and how to achieve that classic Starbucks taste, all while in your pajamas!
What do I need to make a caramel brulee latte?
Here’s a quick reference checklist of the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious latte recipe at home:
- Espresso – I have a Nespresso Virtuo machine which makes both brewed coffee and espresso. You can also use instant espresso, like Lavazza Prontissimo Instant Espresso.
- Milk – you can use any milk you prefer, either dairy or plant based to make a latte.
- Caramel Sauce – most grocery stores carry caramel sauce, like Torani caramel sauce, in the coffee section. You can also get it on Amazon.
- Whipped Cream – real whipped cream or whipped topping is a great addition to this latte. If you want to make it a skinny latte, consider omitting the whipped cream.
- Stroopwafel – these are a great garnish to this caramel brulee latte. A Stroopwafel consists of two thin wafer cookies filled with caramel. Ideal for topping any coffee drink. Stroopwafel can be found in your international section of the grocery store, or here on Amazon.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to reference the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Thank you!
How do I make a caramel brulee latte?
First, start by preparing your espresso. I have a Nespresso Virtuo machine that makes both fresh brewed coffee and espresso. If you don’t have a machine, I recommend using instant espresso granules, like Lavazza Prontissimo Instant Espresso to give you the rich, strong flavor needed for a latte.
Once you’ve brewed your espresso, add the caramel sauce. This will act as your sweetener. I recommend using a small whisk or spoon to stir the espresso and caramel sauce together.
Next, add the frothed milk to the espresso mixture. Frothed milk is what gives a latte its smooth, creamy consistency.
Traditionally a latte is topped with remaining milk foam. However, for this caramel brulee latte recipe, feel free to top your drink with whipped cream, caramel sauce and pieces of Stroopwafel. These toppings will mimic a Starbucks caramel brulee latte.
Helpful tools for making a latte at home
Here are a couple tools that I find especially helpful when making coffee drinks at home:
- The Nespresso Aerocino Milk Frother – this is a fantastic tool to have in your kitchen if you enjoy having lattes and cappuccinos at home. This device quickly and efficiently froths milk to a near perfect consistency.
- Blentec Designer Series Blender – should you not have a milk frother handy, this blender will also quickly and easily froth milk in about 30 seconds. It’s also very handy for quickly blending up Frappuccino’s and smoothies. This blender is one of the most used appliances in our kitchen. If you would like to purchase a Blendtec, be sure to use DELIGHTFULMADE as your discount code to receive 20% off at checkout.
Here are some of my homemade frappuccinos and coffee drinks that are easy to make at home:
- Skinny Starbucks Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino
- Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino Recipe
- Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
- Easy Peppermint Mocha
- Starbucks Skinny Peppermint Mocha Recipe
- Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
Frequently asked questions about making a caramel brulee latte:
You can use just about any milk you prefer. Dairy milk like whole, 2% or skim all will froth nicely. Plant based milks include almond, oat, coconut and soy. All of these are great options, especially for those with dietary restrictions or food allergies.
Many grocery stores will carry caramel sauce for lattes and frappuccinos. You can also find caramel sauce on Amazon.
There are a few options for frothing milk. First, there are many dedicated milk frothers on the market. You can also use a blender. Simply add milk and blend for 30-45 seconds. Lastly, add milk to a mason jar with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously.
A Starbucks caramel brulee latte contains espresso, milk and the caramel brulee sauce.
There are 420 calories, 15 grams of fat, and 47 grams of sugar in a grande (16 oz) caramel brulee latte from Starbucks.
Love caramel? Check out some of our caramel treats that would be perfect with this latte:
- Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Poke Cake
- Turtle Brownies
- Caramel Cashew Clusters
- Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- German Chocolate Brownies
- Snickers Apple Salad
If you loved this delicious Starbucks caramel brulee latte, check out some of my other Starbucks drink recipes:
- 2 oz. fresh brewed espresso, or instant espresso
- 8 oz. milk, frothed (dairy or plant-based)
- 2 Tbsp. caramel sauce, divided
- whipped cream (optional)
- Stroopwafel (optional) cut into pieces, for topping
- Prepare your espresso, with either a machine or with instant espresso granules according to package directions.
- To the espresso, add 1 tablespoon of the caramel sauce and whisk together until dissolved.
- Using a milk frother or blender, froth the milk. Pour the frothed milk into the espresso.
- Top with additional foam from the milk or whipped cream. Add the remaining caramel sauce to the top of the cream or foam. Add pieces of Stroopwafel, if desired.
- Enjoy right away while hot.
To make iced: Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour the espresso and caramel mixture over the ice. Add the milk. (Frothing is typically not necessary when making an iced latte.) Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and Stroopwafel pieces, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 36gProtein: 9g