Ok, folks….its time to get ready. I’m not talking about getting candy or costumes ready. Nor am I speaking of pumpkins or spooky Halloween decorations. Its time to get your mental health in check. You know that those kids of yours will have meltdowns, sugar highs & lows, sibling fights over how much candy someone did or didn’t get, and the ultimate monster screams when its time to call it a night, and a certain little boy or girl wants to go on to the next block for some additional sugar accumulation. How is it that we can prepare for this? One word…Alcohol!
So, I kidd in good fun, however, you know just as well as I do that by the time you get home from trick-or-treating, and finally get your lil’ goblins in bed you will most definitely be ready for a drink! This delightful cocktail requires Spiced Rum, like Captain Morgan. So parents, put it on your to-do list for tomorrow. If you don’t already have it at home, make sure to swing by the liquor store. Don’t pretend you don’t know where it is.
This hot, creamy, spicy drink will not only warm your tummy, but help you take that frazzled Halloween induced edge off. A Cream Hot Buttered Rum is gonna be just what Dr. Frankenstein ordered! You can easily whip it up in just a few minutes, just in time to kick back and enjoy your favorite show that’s waiting for you on the DVR.
- ¼ c. (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Spiced Rum (like Captain Morgan)
- Whipped Topping and Nutmeg for toppings
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and stir. Add softened ice cream and beat until fully combined.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of ice cream mixture to a mug. Pour over 1 oz. (a shot) of Rum. Add 6-8 oz of boiling water.
- Freeze remaining batter for later use. Enjoy!
I received this recipe many years ago at my bridal shower and is an oldie, but goodie. I wish I knew who it came from, as there is no name on the handwritten recipe card. I would love to thank this person for many great evenings, when I needed a warm spiked beverage after a long day.
Many great Halloween Wishes to you and your family!