Like many people, I have a weakness for chocolate. At any given point in time, there is chocolate in my house, purse, and car. There is a shelf in one of my cupboards…okay, multiple shelves that are designated specifically for sweets. I like chocolate mostly just by itself, although, sometimes I like with with almonds, caramel, sea salt, ice cream, milk or pretzels. Haha, yeah, ok….I’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth. I blame my father.
If you love chocolate as much as I do, this martini is gonna rock your world!! The first time I made this, I had my entire drink down in less than a minute. I had to quickly remind myself that this is mostly alcohol, and if I didn’t stop myself, I would soon be on the floor!
This drink is quite easy to make. You’ll need a martini shaker, but if you don’t have one, no worries. You can use two glasses, one slightly larger than the other, where the tops fit into each other. With just a few ingredients, your happy-hour can commence in the matter of a few shakes – literally!! 🙂
- 1 1/2 oz. Godiva Chocolate Liquor
- 2 oz. Cake Flavored Vodka (like Smirnoff or Three Olives brands)
- 2 oz. half and half
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Shavings (optional)
- In a large martini glass, drizzle the inside with chocolate syrup.
- In a cocktail shaker, fill 3/4 with ice. Add the chocolate liquor, vodka, and half & half. Shake vigorously for a few seconds. Strain into the prepared martini glass. Top with chocolate shavings.
This drink is perfect after a long day, or great as an after-dinner dessert drink. You’ll love the creamy, chocolate booziness and will probably need to make yourself another! Cheers, friends!!