Looking for an amazing chocolate cake cocktail? This chocolate cake martini is made with just three ingredients and takes just moments to mix and pour. Perfect for a holiday party or anytime you’re looking to satisfy a chocolate craving, this chocolate cake drink is perfect!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you a chocolate lover? If so, then this chocolate cake martini is for you! Made with cake flavored vodka and a couple other ingredients, this chocolate martini tastes just like a slice of chocolate cake.
Fantastic for everything from a holiday party to a night in watching movies, this easy chocolate cake drink takes just moments to mix, pour and enjoy.
In this post I’ll show you exactly what you’ll need to make this delicious chocolate cocktail, as well as tips and liquor options for this homemade cocktail.
What do I need to make a chocolate cake drink?
Good news – this drink needs just a few ingredients. Here’s a quick reference checklist of the ingredients you’ll need to mix this delicious dessert drink:
- Chocolate liqueur – there are a few options for chocolate liqueur. Godiva liquor is a great option, but is rather hard to come by, and may be phased out by its manufacturer. Another delicious option is Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur, which is what I used for this drink. Super decadent and delicious!
- Cake Flavored Vodka – when I initially published this post (2014) Pinnacle and Absolute made cake flavored vodka. This is also very hard to find now. Instead, opt for vanilla or whipped cream flavored vodka, both of which are very similar in flavor.
- Half and Half – this adds some nice creaminess to this dessert drink. If you want to make this drink extra strong, swap out half and half with Rum Chata cream liquor.
- Toppings – whipped cream (or my homemade Cool Whip), chocolate shavings, chocolate chips or even chocolate cake crumbs are all delicious options.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to the recipe card. Thanks!
How do I make a chocolate cake martini?
First, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the chocolate liqueur, vodka and half and half. Place a tight fitting lid onto the shaker, making sure it is firmly closed. Shake vigorously to mix the ingredient.
Pour the cocktail into a martini glass. Top with your preferred toppings like whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy right away while cold.
Topping ideas for a chocolate cake martini:
We topped our chocolate drink with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, but there are many other options. Here are some other topping ideas that would be great:
- Chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate syrup
- Maraschino cherries
What do I serve with a chocolate martini?
This chocolate cake martini is fantastic as an after dinner drink or dessert cocktail. Pair it with a delicious, chocolate dessert. Here are a few of our popular chocolate dessert ideas:
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
- German Chocolate Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Grandma’s Best Chocolate Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cream Pie
If you loved this delicious chocolate cocktail, check out some of our other popular drink and cocktail ideas:
- 2 oz. cake flavored vodka (you can also use whipped cream or vanilla vodka)
- 1 1/2 oz. chocolate liqueur (like Godiva or Dorda)
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, chocolate liqueur, and half and half. Place lid on cocktail shaker, making sure it is tight and secure.
- Shake vigoursly to mix the ingredients with the ice. Strain the cocktail into a martini glass, and top with your preferred toppings.
- Enjoy right away while cold.
Godiva liqueur is now rather hard to find, and is possibly being phased out by it's manufacturer. Dorda Double Chocolate liqueur is a great option.
Cake Flavored vodka - depending on where you live, this may also be hard to find. Opt for whipped cream or vanilla flavored vodkas, as they have a very similar flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g