If you love chocolate and almond croissants, this Chocolate Almond Croissant Bread is definitely for you! Loaded with lots of semi-sweet chocolate and sliced almonds, this easy to make breakfast bread is perfect with your morning coffee or tea!
When the weekend rolls around at our house, we tend to have a few more minutes to spare in the morning, which allows for a some yummy fresh baked breakfast treats. We often do Chocolate Chip Pancakes or a batch of Glazed Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, but this weekend I did something a bit different (and easier!). I did a little experiment with a tube of refrigerated croissant dough. The results were this incredible Chocolate Almond Croissant Bread!
The recipe literally takes 10 minutes to put together. (I think I had to wait longer for the oven to preheat!) Refrigerated croissant dough is definitely a one of those foods that is tremendously versatile, for both savory and sweet treats!
Once I preheated the oven, I put together the chocolate almond crumble, which goes both inside and on top of the bread. I mixed brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder, sliced almonds, a bit of cinnamon (which is a fantastic addition, by the way!), and melted butter. I then rolled out the dough (I used the non-perforated croissant sheet. If you purchase the perforated croissants, make sure to press the perforated lines together to make one large sheet of dough. This will help prevent the dough from tearing when rolling.) Once the dough is rolled out, sprinkle about 2/3 of the crumble mixture on to the dough, and add large semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Then, roll up the dough, starting with the short end of the rectangle. Pinch the ends together, and place seam side down into a 4×8 loaf pan that has been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Top the dough with the remaining almond crumble mixture, and bake.
The result will be the most amazing chocolate almond breakfast treat! It’s perfect with a fresh cup of coffee or tea, and is great in the morning or fantastic as an afternoon snack or even dessert!
Here’s how the recipe comes together:
- 1 (8 oz.) tube, refrigerated croissant dough
- ⅔ c. large, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ c. sliced almonds
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 8x4" loaf pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder and cinnamon with a fork. Pour in the melted butter, and mix together until crumbly. Add the sliced almonds and stir together until combined.
- Roll out the croissant dough. Sprinkle ⅔ of the almond crumble mixture, reserving the remaining ⅓ for the top of the bread. Next, sprinkle on the chocolate chips. Starting at one of the short sides of the dough rectangle, roll up the dough. Pinch the ends of the dough shut and place the loaf into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining almond crumble mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 30-32 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Slice and enjoy.
This weekend, I hope you get to enjoy some downtime with your family. This Chocolate Almond Croissant Bread is the perfect treat to enjoy on a quiet morning in your fuzzy slippers and pajamas. Enjoy! ~Erin