An amazing Apple Cider Cake recipe perfect for fall!
This amazing Apple Bundt Cake recipe is topped with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting making it the perfect fall dessert! Made with apple cider, this fantastic apple cider cake with caramel cream cheese frosting will be a showstopper for any occasion!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The BEST Apple Bundt Cake Recipe!
I’ve been craving something cinnamon spicy. Something sweet, but not overly sugary. I decided to make my Apple Cider Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting.
However, after making it from my original recipe using apple pie filling, I experienced a disappointing baking fail – only half the cake came out of the pan. After this happened, I decided to adapt my original recipe to use fresh apples instead of the pie filling. It was a huge success!
What apples are best for apple cake?
Granny Smith, Honecrisp, Gala or Fuji apples are all great choices for apple cake. Make sure apples are peeled and diced into small pieces when adding to the cake batter.
I choice fresh Granny Smith apples for my apple bundt cake, as they add a bit of tart flavor and texture to the sweet cake.
What type of frosting is best for apple cake?
Cream Cheese frosting is a great way to top any apple bundt cake. Be sure to check out my post for How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting.
I added a bit of melted caramel to my cream cheese frosting, as it is the perfect way to top this cake! This creamy, gooey frosting compliments the spice cake wonderfully and with a sprinkle of freshly ground nutmeg on top rounds out the flavors perfectly.
This cake is really easy, as it comes together in just a few steps. The recipe utilizes a cake mix and I add a few extra goodies like applesauce, apple cider and sour cream to keep the cake moist and delicious.
How long do you wait to dump a bundt cake?
I recommend letting the cake cool for 10-20 minutes in the pan. At this time, invert the pan to a cake plate. Don’t wait any longer than this, as the cake will likely stick to the pan.
How do you grease a bundt pan?
I recommend using vegetable or coconut oil to generously grease a bundt pan. I also recommend, flouring the greased pan to ensure the cake comes out of the pan successfully and does not stick.
This cake is perfect for just about any occasion – a fall get-together, pot-luck, church social, or just something for you and your family at home.
If you loved this fantastic apple cider cake, be sure to check out some of my other apple recipes:
Be sure to check out some of my other delicious cake recipes:
Here’s Apple Bundt Cake Recipe:
- 1 (15.25 oz.) Spice Cake Mix (like Betty Crocker)
- 1 1/4 c. Spiced Apple Cider
- 1/3 c. cinnamon applesauce
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese (1/2 brick), room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 18 caramels (like Kraft or Brach's) plus 1 Tbsp. milk for melting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan, making sure to hit the sides of the pan firmly to remove excess flour. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, cider, apple sauce, sour cream and eggs. Mix for about 2 minutes on low, until thoroughly combine and smooth. In a small bowl, combine the apple chunks and sprinkle with the flour. Mix to coat the apples. Fold in the apple chunks into the batter. Pour batter evenly in the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 43-46 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen, then invert the cake onto a plate to cool completely.
- Frosting Instructions:
- In microwave safe bowl, unwrap caramels and add milk. Microwave for 45 sec -1 minute. Stir, and microwave for 30 more seconds or until melted and smooth, being careful not to overcook. Set aside and let cool while making the rest of the frosting. With stand or hand mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Gradually add the sugar one cup at a time. Then add the slightly cooled, melted caramel. Caramel should be warm, but not hot. Mix together caramel and frosting until smooth. Drizzle or frost your cake once it's completely cooled.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5824Total Fat: 166gSaturated Fat: 55gCholesterol: 703mgSodium: 4016mgCarbohydrates: 1022gSugar: 791gProtein: 72g