Are you an oatmeal-for-breakfast person? This baked blueberry oatmeal is a fantastic way to jazz up your bowl of porridge. These blueberry baked oats are loaded with juicy blueberries and sliced almonds to make it hearty, filling and completely delicious! A fantastic make-ahead recipe to save you time for when you want a healthy option.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This Baked Blueberry Oatmeal is the perfect Healthy Baked Oatmeal Recipe!
Do you struggle with finding healthy breakfast options on busy weekday mornings? I’ve got ya covered! These Baked Blueberry Oatmeal bars are the perfect solution to the morning rush.
Baked in advance, then refrigerated or frozen for later, these bars can be reheated in seconds or brought to work.
Like this recipe? Be sure to pin it to your BREAKFAST board!
Follow DelightfulEMade on Pinterest!
Let me show you how easy it is to make these healthy, delicious baked blueberry oatmeal bars!
Step 1: Make sure you have all the ingredients
For these healthy baked oatmeal bars, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients – likely things you already have in your fridge or pantry. Here’s a quick checklist:
- Milk (your preference – dairy or plant-based)
- vanilla extract
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- old fashioned rolled oats
- sliced almonds
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe directions, be sure to reference the recipe by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
Step 2: Mix wet ingredients
Using a mixing bowl and whisk, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, salt and honey. Whisk together until the honey becomes well incorporated with the rest of the ingredients.
Step 3: Add the oatmeal, almonds and fold in blueberries
To your liquid ingredients, you can then add the oatmeal and almonds. Reserve a couple of tablespoons of the almonds for topping. Mix together using rubber scraper.
Next, gently fold in the blueberries. If you are using frozen blueberries, they don’t have to be thawed. Simply add in while still frozen.
The mixture will be thick and look almost like granola.
Step 4: Pour oatmeal into pan and top with reserved almonds
Pour into a prepared 9×9 pan or medium baking dish sprayed with a good quality non-stick baking spray. I like to use Spectrum Coconut Oil Spray. Top with the reserved sliced almonds.
You can do one of two things next:
- Bake right away, or
- Place in baking dish and refrigerate for baking later. If you want to serve this first thing in the morning, mixing the oatmeal in advance is a great way to save some time.
Step 5: Bake
Bake the prepared oatmeal for 32-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
You’ll have the most delicious, healthy baked oatmeal bars you’ve ever tasted. These are fantastic eating right away while warm. You can also refrigerate or freeze for later when you need a quick breakfast on a weekday morning before work or school.
Love blueberries? Check out some of my other popular blueberry recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid
- Healthy Blueberry Pancakes
- Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Muffin Donuts
- Blueberry Cobbler Dump Cake
- Healthy Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- Cream Cheese Lemon Blueberry Scones
FAQ’s about this blueberry baked oats recipe:
How can I add more protein to this baked oatmeal recipe?
- You can add more protein to this recipe by adding vanilla protein powder or collagen protein. A 1/2 cup of protein powder or collagen would be ideal. Mix this in when you add the oatmeal to the wet ingredients.
Can I make this baked oatmeal recipe in muffin cups?
- Yes! Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners or use silicone baking cups. Equally divide the batter into all 12 cups, and bake for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Can I mix these blueberry baked oats the night before and bake in the morning?
- Yes! Mix the ingredients together according to the recipe directions. Place the oatmeal mixture into the baking pan, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Take out of the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap while the oven preheats. Bake as directed.
What can I serve with these healthy baked oatmeal bars?
- This baked blueberry oatmeal goes great with Greek yogurt and additional blueberries and almonds. I prefer plain full-fat Greek yogurt. These oatmeal bars would also be great with scrambled or hard-boiled eggs for additional protein.
How do I meal prep these baked oatmeal bars?
- Once the baked blueberry oatmeal comes out of the oven, let cool completely. Slice into 8 equal bars. (Photo above) I placed an oatmeal bar into my meal prep container and added some Greek yogurt and additional berries and almonds. Refrigerate for up to 5 days. Reheat the oatmeal bars in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, or enjoy cold. This is a fantastic filling, protein-packed breakfast that will keep you full for hours!
- Be sure to check out my post for my best meal prep containers including what I use and love for breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- If you’re ready to get started with Breakfast Meal Prep (it’s a great place to start!) be sure to check out my post. It has all of my healthy breakfast recipes and meal prep tips, tools and ideas to get you eating healthy first thing in the morning!
If you loved these blueberry baked oats, then check out these other healthy breakfast recipes:
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Recipe – Sugar Free Bakery Style Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
- Blueberry Protein Muffins
- Ham & Veggie Baked Egg Cups
- Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding
- Pumpkin Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats
Love baked oatmeal? Check out my other baked oats recipes:
- Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Baked Oats
Here’s the recipe for my delicious Baked Blueberry Oatmeal:
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
This baked blueberry oatmeal is a fantastic way to jazz up your bowl of porridge. This healthy baked oatmeal recipe has loads of juicy blueberries and sliced almonds to make it hearty, filling and completely delicious!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 c. milk (diary or plant-based)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. honey, good quality
- 2 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 1/2 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 c. sliced almonds, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x9 pan or medium baking dish with non-stick baking spray. I like and prefer coconut oil spray. Set pan aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, salt and honey. Reserving 2 tablespoons of the sliced almonds for topping, add in the almonds and oats to the milk mixture and stir together with a rubber scraper. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared pan, and top with the remaining almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 32-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before slicing. Slice into 8 bars.
- Serve right away, or refrigerate or freeze for later.
Optional ingredient: 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder or unflavored collagen protein. This will increase the grams of protein per serving.
You can also bake these into muffin cups. Divide the mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Kitchen Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5 Grey
M MCIRCO [5-Pack,36 Oz] Glass Meal Prep Containers 2 Compartments Portion Control with Upgraded Snap Locking Lids Glass Food Storage Containers, Microwave, Oven, Freezer and Dishwasher (4.5 Cups)
SWEEJAR Ceramic Baking Dish, 9 x 9 Cake Baking Pan for Brownie, Porcelain Square Bakeware with Double Handle for Casserole, Lasagna, Family Dinner (Navy)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 6gSugar: 18gProtein: 10g
Speak Your Mind