This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
These blueberry muffin donuts are the perfect treat with your morning coffee! Light, moist and bejeweled with fresh blueberries, they’re a wonderful addition to a teacher appreciation basket!
My son goes to a wonderful school, with the most amazing teachers and staff. Its a small school, where everyone knows each other and the staff and families have formed a great community. The staff works really hard to ensure our kids are getting the best possible education. I am always so grateful of everything they do for our kids! So, I wanted to take in some treats to show them how much we love and appreciate them. I made a batch of my Blueberry Muffin Donuts paired with McCafé Coffee pods to make a wonderful staff appreciation basket!
Everyone loves coffee and donuts, so adding a box of McCafé Coffee pods is the perfect way to offer the school staff a great morning treat!
If you haven’t tried McCafé Coffee yet, you definitely need to do so! The flavor is amazing, as its made from 100% Arabica Beans, and harvested from the rich soils and mountainous regions of the foremost coffee-growing areas of the world! The coffee pairs wonderfully with the light, delicious flavors of the donut making it a fantastic morning treat!
You can find McCafé Coffee at your local Walmart. I was able to find McCafé coffee pods, as well as premium bags, which come in 8 different flavors! If you’re a coffee lover, you’ve gotta give it a try!
The donuts for my basket, are a fun, easy treat that everyone will love! They start with a standard vanilla cake mix, along with fresh, delicious blueberries. I top off the donuts with a blueberry muffin crumble, and a light glaze. Such a delicious treat to go with your morning coffee!
The recipe makes about 2 dozen donuts, which is perfect to stock your gift basket, and maybe keep a few for yourself. 😉 Here’s the easy recipe for my Blueberry Muffin Donuts:
- 1 box vanilla or white cake mix
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 c. water
- 3 egg whites
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. cold butter
- 1/2 c. flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pans with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites, and melted butter. Mix until smooth. Fold in 1 c. blueberries to the batter. Prepare the crumble topping by combining the cold butter, flour and sugar. Use a fork to break apart the butter, and crumble any big pieces with your fingers.
- Fill the donut pan about 3/4 full with batter, then top with a few additional blueberries and a spoonful of crumble topping. Bake the donuts at 350 for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing the donuts. Gently run a butter knife around the edges of each donut, and gently remove from the pan, and transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over the donuts. Enjoy right away and store any leftovers in an airtight container.
My basket is fully stocked with McCafé Coffee pods along with my tasty Blueberry Muffin Donuts! I think everyone will love sitting down for a moment and enjoying a delicious cup of coffee and donut. Creating a simple, yet delicious gift basket is a wonderful way to show those you love how much you appreciate them! Enjoy! ~Erin
What’s your favorite way to show your appreciation for friends, family, teachers and neighbors? Leave me a comment!