The EASIEST 3-Ingredient Blueberry Dump Cake!
Have you heard of blueberry dump cake? It’s a super easy and delicious way to do blueberry cobbler with cake mix, blueberries and butter! This blueberry cobbler dump cake is perfect for when you need a quick & easy dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The best recipe for blueberry cobbler with cake mix!
I’ll be honest, I’m not a fan of the term “dump cake.” It’s a big turn off, and is NOT an appetizing term to say the least.
However, this Blueberry Dump Cake recipe is absolutely delicious and is as easy as dumping everything into a baking dish. I prefer to call this blueberry cobbler with cake mix, as it sounds much more appetizing!
Whatever you call this recipe, I think we can all agree that this 3 ingredient blueberry cobbler is the easiest blueberry dessert around!
Made with just blueberries, melted butter and a white or yellow cake mix, it comes together quicker than the time it takes for the oven to preheat. The perfect dessert idea to have in your back pocket.
Like this recipe? Be sure to pin it to your DESSERT board!
Follow DelightfulEMade on Pinterest!
Here’s how this simple, delicious Blueberry Dump Cake comes together:
Step 1: Add Melted Butter to a White or Yellow Cake Mix
First things first, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Start by melting the butter in the microwave or in a sauce pan. In a medium mixing bowl, add a white or yellow cake mix and add the melted butter.
Using a fork, mix together the cake mix and butter until crumbly.
Can I use a Sugar-free cake mix to make blueberry dump cake?
Yes. Using a sugar free cake mix is a great way to make this simple dessert without excess sugar. Here are a few sugar free cake mixes that would be great in this recipe:
- ZenSweet Sugar Free Vanilla Bean Cake Mix
- Swerve Sweets Sugar Free Cake Mix (Chocolate and Vanilla)
- Keto Queen Kreations Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
- Pillsbury Moist Supreme Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
Can I use a lemon cake mix for blueberry dump cake?
Yes. Using a lemon cake mix would add a wonderful lemon flavor to this dessert.
Step 2: Add Blueberries to a baking dish and sprinkle the cake mix crumbles on top
To a medium-sized baking dish (you can also use a 9×9″ baking dish or pan), add fresh or frozen blueberries. Frozen berries are a great option when fresh blueberries are out of season.
Next, sprinkle the cake mix crumbles over the top of the berries.
Feel free to use your hands to pinch together the crumbles. You’ll want to have a rocky, gravel-like texture. The less-powdery, the better.
Do you stir dump cake?
No. It is best to not stir dump cake together. Keep the fruit on the bottom and the cake mix crumbles on the top so everything bakes evenly.
Step 3: Bake the Blueberry Cobbler with Cake Mix
Once the cake mix crumbles are on top of the berries, the blueberry dump cake can go right into the preheated oven.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-33 minutes or until the cake mix crumbles become golden brown.
Step 4: Serve Warm and Enjoy!
This blueberry cobbler dump cake will smell absolutely divine once it comes out of the oven. Let the dessert cool for a few minutes, and then spoon into individual bowls.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and extra fresh blueberries.
FAQ’s for How to Make Blueberry Dump Cake:
Can you just add blueberries to cake mix?
Not really. Just dumping a cake mix over the top of blueberries will render a powdery, undesirable consistency. I would not recommend it.
Can I add frozen berries to cake mix?
Yes, you can use frozen berries when making blueberry dump cake. Add blueberries to the bottom of a baking dish, then top with a cake mix that has been mixed with melted butter.
Should I refrigerate dump cake?
Yes, you should refrigerate any dump cake leftovers. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How long can a dump cake sit out un-refrigerated?
Any dump cake can sit out un-refrigerated for a few hours. If you have leftovers, be sure to store in an airtight container, or cover baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Can I use blueberry pie filling instead of fresh or frozen blueberries for a dump cake?
Yes, you could use blueberry pie filling. For the amount of cake mix crumble, you will need (2) two cans of pie filling.
If you loved this delicious Blueberry Cobbler with Cake Mix topping, check out some of my other similar cake mix recipes:
- Apple Cobbler with Cake Mix
- Raspberry Crumble
- Cherry Crisp
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Peach Crisp
- Healthy Apple Crumble
- Cake Mix Peach Cobbler
- Strawberry Dump Cake
- Cherry Cobbler with Cake Mix
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Coconut Cream Poke Cake
- Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Poke Cake
- Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake
If you’re a blueberry lover, be sure to check out my best blueberry recipes:
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Almond Chia Pudding
- Healthy Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
- Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Tarts
- Healthy Blueberry Pancakes
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Here’s the recipe for my 3-Ingredient Blueberry Cobbler Dump Cake:
- 2 (16 oz.) pkg., frozen blueberries (or 4 heaping cups)
- 1 (16.25 oz.) cake mix, white or yellow
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium baking dish or 9x9" pan or baking dish, add the blueberries to the bottom of the pan.
- To a mixing bowl, add the cake mix. Pour the melted butter on to the cake mix, and stir together with a fork. Mixture will be crumbly and gravel-like.
- Evenly top the blueberries with the cake mix crumbles. Bake the dump cake for 30-33 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cobbler cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container. Dessert will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 672mgCarbohydrates: 63gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g