Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms – Easy Dinner Idea!
An amazing way to prepare chicken breasts, this Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms is the ultimate dinner solution any night of the week. This fantastic one pan chicken recipe has bacon, mushrooms, onions and a simple cream sauce making it AMAZING!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
EASY and Delicious One Pan Chicken Recipe!
Do you and your family ever get bored with the same old chicken dinners? Is that store-bought rotisserie chicken a little over-utilized at your house. I’ll be the first one to say that as much as I love the ease of a Costco rotisserie chicken, it gets pretty boring fast!
At our house, we really love chicken, and have it often. I decided that I needed to resurrect one of my old chicken recipes – freshen it up, and enjoy chicken with some amazing flavor. My Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms with Bacon is the perfect dinner solution to that same old, same old meal.
Here’s how this simple Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe comes together:
How do you make a good creamy mushrooms sauce?
- Start by making a roux (1:1 ratio of flour and butter). Cook in the skillet for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and whisk together. Bring to a low simmer and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add the sour cream and whisk to combine. Mixture will be creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the sautéed mushrooms, onions and bacon and bring back to simmer.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in this recipe?
Yes, chicken thighs can be used. Typically, thicken thighs are slightly thinner than breasts, so the cook time per side will be less. To ensure your chicken is cooked through, it’s helpful to use an instant-read digital meat thermometer. I really like my ThermaPen Instant Read Digital Thermometer.
How long does this chicken recipe take to cook?
When you get this chicken to the table (it takes just 20-25 minutes total!), you’ll be amazed as to how delicious chicken can be!
Smothered in a deliciously simple cream sauce with mushrooms, bacon and onions, these simple chicken breasts take on new life! The savory bacon is sautéed along side the mushrooms and onions, and take on the delicious smoky flavors of the bacon. The cream sauce is simply butter and flour, cooked for a couple minutes, then whisked with chicken broth and sour cream. That’s it!!!
Need some other One Pan Chicken Recipe ideas? Check these out:
Do you need a side dish to go with your Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms? Any one of these would be great:
Parmesan Mashed Potatoes (fantastic with the creamy mushroom & bacon sauce!)
Here’s the recipe for this delicious Cream Chicken and Mushrooms with Bacon:
- 3-4 medium sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. fresh, sliced mushrooms (white or baby bella work well)
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove, minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped bacon, and cook for 3-5 minutes until about half-way cooked. To the bacon, add the sliced mushrooms, onion and garlic. Sautee with the bacon for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from skillet and transfer to a bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, over medium-high heat, add the chicken breasts that have been lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook approximately 5-6 minutes per side. Cover the skillet with a well-fitting lid while chicken is cooking. Transfer the chicken to the bowl with the bacon-mushroom mixture and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the butter, and melt over medium heat. Add the flour, and whisk to combine. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and continue whisking until the broth comes to a simmer and thickens. Add the sour cream and whisk to combine. Cook for 2 more minutes until thick and cream. Add the mushroom-bacon mixture to the sauce and stir. Add the cooked chicken and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Simmer for 1-2 minutes longer. Serve right away.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
I hope this recipe inspires you to change up your chicken game. This will be a definite dinner victory! Enjoy! ~Erin