Need an easy air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs recipe? These delicious, flavorful boneless chicken thighs in air fryer are glazed with a brown sugar balsamic sauce that adds amazing flavor and juiciness. Done in under 30 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight dinner idea!
This recipe first appeared at My Dinner Recipes where I am a contributor.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you love using your air fryer to cook up a quick and delicious weeknight dinner? This simple, delicious chicken thighs recipe is one that you’ll want to add to your easy dinner list.
These chicken thighs are glazed with a simple brown sugar balsamic glaze that keeps the chicken moist and flavorful. Versatile enough to be served with pasta, potatoes, veggies or any of your other favorite sides.
What do I need to make chicken thighs in air fryer?
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – it is helpful to trim off any excess fat, as it tends to burn when cooked in an air fryer.
- Balsamic vinegar – great for making a simple brown sugar balsamic glaze that adds great flavor.
- Olive oil – an essential ingredient for the glaze, and also helpful in preventing the chicken from sticking to the air fryer basket while cooking.
- Brown sugar – you can use either dark or light brown sugar. If you’re looking to reduce calories and refined sugar, Swerve brown sugar alternative is a great substitute.
- Minced garlic – great complimentary flavor in the glaze.
- Garlic salt – ideal for seasoning the chicken thighs.
- Ground pepper – also ideal for seasoning the chicken.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs?
Start by mixing together the brown sugar balsamic glaze. In a small bowl add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, garlic salt and pepper. Whisk together to help the brown sugar dissolve into the rest of the ingredients.
Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Trim off any excess fat from the thighs. Place the chicken thighs into a shallow baking dish or pan.
Reserve about 3 tablespoons of the glaze, placing it into a small separate container. This reserved glaze will be brushed on to the chicken while cooking. Then, pour the rest of the remaining glaze over the trimmed chicken thighs.
One of the most highly-rated, reviewed and LOVED air fryers on the market! The Ninja Max XL Air Fryer is one of the most used appliances in our kitchen, as we use it almost every day!
Let the chicken set in the balsamic sauce for about 10 minutes. While the chicken marinates, preheat your air fryer.
Place the marinated chicken thighs into the preheated air fryer basket in one even layer. Four to five chicken thighs will fit into a medium to large size air fryer basket. If you have more chicken thighs, it is best to cook in separate batches to ensure the chicken cooks evenly.
Cook the chicken thighs in the air fryer. Halfway through cooking, turn the chicken thighs over, then brush with the remaining balsamic glaze. Cook for the remaining time. Let cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
What can I serve with air fryer boneless chicken thighs?
This air fryer chicken recipe is wonderfully versatile, and goes with numerous salads and side dishes. Here are some of our favorite side dish recipes that go with chicken:
FAQ’s about cooking chicken thighs in air fryer:
For boneless skinless chicken thighs, they will need 18-22 minutes at 390 degrees.
An ideal temperature to cook boneless skinless chicken thighs is 390 degrees.
Yes, it is save to place raw chicken in the air fryer. Cook chicken as directed according to the recipe. To ensure your chicken is cooked through, use an instant read digital thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is at 165 degrees or greater.
It is recommended that you preheat your air fryer before cooking. On average an air fryer will need 3-5 minutes to preheat prior to placing the food in the air fryer basket. It is helpful to preheat to allow for even cooking and accurate cook times.
When stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator, cooked chicken thighs will last for up to five days.
If you loved this chicken recipe, check out some of our other ideas for cooking chicken:
Love using your air fryer to make simple, delicious meals? Check out our other easy air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Brats
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Drumsticks Recipe
- Maple Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 4-5 medium thighs)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2-3 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic, pepper and garlic salt. Reserve about 3 tablespoons of the glaze in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow baking dish or pan. Remove any excess fat and pat dry with paper towels. Pour the balsamic glaze over the chicken, turning over to ensure all sides are coated with the glaze.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees. (Check your owners manual to see exact preheat times for your model of air fryer. Preheat times are typically 3-5 minutes.)
- To the preheated air fryer basket, place the glazed chicken, skin side down. Discard the glaze that was in the baking dish. Evenly space the chicken thighs, making sure to place in one layer. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes at 390 degrees.
- After 10 minutes, turn the chicken thighs over, and brush with the reserved balsamic glaze that was previously set aside. Cook the chicken for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once done cooking, let the chicken rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate. Leftovers will keep for up to 5 days refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
THYA Organic Balsamic Vinegar, Acidity 6 %, USDA Organic, Non GMO, Gluten free, 16.9 Fl Oz. (Pack of 1)
Swerve Sweetener, Brown, 12 ounces (12 ounces (3 Pack))
Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer that Cooks, Crisps, Roasts, Bakes, Reheats and Dehydrates, with 5.5 Quart Capacity, and a High Gloss Finish, Grey
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 208mgSodium: 507mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 41g