Looking for a simple, delicious party appetizer that will be a hit with everyone? This easy-to-make Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip is the perfect appetizer recipe for a party. With just a couple minutes of prep, and the slow cooker doing all the work, this hot spinach artichoke dip recipe is a great hot dip option for a party!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you looking for a hot spinach artichoke dip recipe that you can serve right out of your crock pot? You’ve come to the right place. This simple, delicious crock pot spinach artichoke dip is amazing for a party and incredibly simple to throw together before your guests arrive.
The prep for this easy dip recipe just takes a few minutes. It’s a matter of just tossing all the ingredients into a slow cooker, and letting them melt together. Amazing for a holiday party, football game, tailgate party or whenever you’re in the mood for a hot, creamy dip!
What do I need to make spinach artichoke dip in a crock pot?
Here’s a quick-reference check list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this simple slow cooker dip recipe:
- Fresh baby spinach – a bag of fresh spinach from the produce section of the grocery store works well.
- Artichoke hearts – these come in either a can or a jar. Typically found near the pickles and olives at the grocery store.
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream – you could also use plain Greek yogurt as a substitute.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Green onions
- Vegetable soup mix – one envelope. These usually come with 2 in a box, you’ll just need one.
- Black pepper
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to the recipe card. Thanks!
How do I make hot spinach artichoke dip?
Making a hot spinach and artichoke dip crock pot is quite easy. Simple start by adding all of the ingredients to a slow cooker or crock pot. Stir together to combine.
Set your slow cooker on low and cook for 2-3 hours or on high for 1 hour. Stir occasionally to allow the ingredients to melt together evenly.
What should I serve with crock pot spinach artichoke dip?
The beaty of this dip recipe is that it goes with numerous sides. As you can see, I served my dip with an assortment of scoops tortilla chips, carrots, celery, sweet red peppers and sliced baguette. Here are some other options that would go great with this dip:
- Pita chips
- Pretzel chips
- Any tortilla chip
- Fresh, crunchy veggies
- Melba toast
Need some drink ideas for your party? Here are some of our most popular drink recipes for a holiday party:
- Saint Nickarita Christmas Margarita
- Cranberry Moscow Mules
- Easy Spiked Eggnog
- Whiskey Apple Cider Cocktail
- Fireball Apple Cider Hot Toddy
- Hot Mulled Apple Cider
FAQ’s about making crock pot spinach artichoke dip:
Most spinach artichoke dip recipes are made of fresh or frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, onions, garlic, vegetable soup mix and black pepper.
Yes, hot spinach artichoke dip is fantastic! This is great for a party, as you can keep it in a crock pot or slow cooker to keep it warm.
Depending on the recipe, you can serve this dip hot or cold. When made with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, it is fantastic heated and served hot in a crock pot. If you would prefer to serve this dip cold, omit the cheeses.
Yes, you can heat up store bought spinach artichoke dip. Transfer the dip to a microwave safe container (the plastic container it comes in is NOT heat-safe), and microwave on 30 second increments, stirring in between.
If you loved this recipe, be sure to check out our other party appetizer ideas:
Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
If you're looking for an amazing party appetizer, this crock pot spinach artichoke dip is for you! Easily made in a slow cooker, this hot spinach artichoke dip recipe is great for a party or get-together.
- 1 (6 oz.) bag, fresh baby spinach
- 1 (13 oz.) can, artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg., cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped (about 3 green onions)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves, minced)
- 1 (1.8 oz.) envelope, dry vegetable soup mix (like Lipton or Knorr)
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- To a slow cooker, add all the ingredients; spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, onions, garlic, soup mix and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover with the lid, and heat the slow cooker on low for 2-3 hours or 1 hour on high. Stir occasionally to help the ingredients melt evenly.
- If serving the dip for a party or special occasion, keep the heat on low or warm to keep the dip hot while serving.
- Serve with cut veggies, tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers or sliced baguette.
Storage: store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate. Refrigerated leftovers will keep for up to 5 days.
Note: Slow cookers vary widely in temperature. For best results, stir the ingredients oftem. Once the dip is fully melted together, switch the temperature to the lowest heat/warm setting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Speak Your Mind