Football food at its finest! These Loaded Steak Nachos have everything you love stacked on top – loads of cheese, seasoned steak, tomatoes, onions, guacamole and more! Forget the utensils, this steak nachos recipe is made for digging in with your hands!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
As you probably already know, my boys and I are huge football fans. You’ll typically find us on any given weekend in the fall watching college or pro games, or on the road to watch our favorite team in person. This weekend we’re headed down to Charlottesville,VA to catch a great college match-up between two of our favorite teams.
When it comes to cheering on our favorite teams here at home, top notch football food is key! What we tend to rely on are heavy appetizers that double as a meal. My Loaded Steak Nachos are perfect! They’re easy to make, can feed a crowd, and extra batches can be made in a matter of moments.
When putting together a killer batch of nachos, really great ingredients are key, specifically the cheese! I always go for at least two types of cheese for my nachos – a great shredded Mexican Blend and Pepper Jack.
Kraft Natural Shreds are a staple at our house. Not only is this cheese fantastic for nachos, its also a go-to cheese for tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas and a great topping for salads, too!
I will also add a this cheese to my Taco Mac and Cheese for a really superior cheese sauce! There is pretty much always a bag of this cheese in our fridge.
How do I make steak nachos?
Step 1: Start with a generous layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Go for a thicker restaurant style chip, as they’ll be loaded with lots of ingredients. Thinner chips, won’t be able to hold all the toppings like a thicker chip will.
Step 2: Add the seasoned steak. I tend to go with sirloin, but you can also use a pre-cut stew meat to help save on time. Cut the steak into smaller bite sized pieces. Brown the meat and add taco seasoning to get the spicy seasoning perfect for nachos.
What cheese is best for nachos?
A blend of cheddar and jack are ideal. Shredded cheese blends, like Mexican blend cheese is great for melting.
Step 3: Add a generous amount of shredded cheese. In this instance, I used both cheddar and pepper jack cheeses. I used about 3 cups of cheese.
Step 4: Bake the nachos at 425 degrees for about 7-10 minutes, or just until the cheese is completely melted. While the nachos are in the oven, have your toppings prepped and ready to go. These nachos will come out of the oven already looking irresistible!
Step 5: Top the hot nachos will all your favorite Tex-Mex toppings like tomatoes, green onions, sliced black olives, sour cream, guacamole and cilantro. Enjoy right away while the nachos are still hot.
Like I mention in the recipe, having all of your toppings chopped and ready to go before the nachos come out of the oven is key to enjoying the nachos while they’re still hot.
Other toppings to consider are salsa, pico de gallo, red onion, avocado slices, black beans, salsa verde or any other Tex-Mex topping of your choice. The possibilities are endless!
Once you get all your favorite toppings on these nachos, they’ll go as fast as your favorite teams’ running back! Make sure you have plenty of ingredients on hand, as you’ll want to make a second batch for later in the game.
I made these nachos this past Sunday when we were watching the pro games. I have to confess – we ate them for both lunch AND dinner – they were SOOOO good!
Need more party appetizer recipes? Here are some of our dips and appetizers perfect for a party:
- Crock Pot Cranberry Sauce Meatballs
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Parmesan Mozzarella Meatball Sliders
- Cream Cheese Corn Dip
- Crock Pot Honey Roasted Mixed Nuts
- Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix
- Grape Cheese Pistachio Appetizers
- Turkey Cranberry Roll Ups
Here’s the easy recipe for these amazing Loaded Steak Nachos:
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips, thick restaurant style chips
- 8 oz. (2 cups) Kraft Natural Shreds Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 - 8 oz. pkg, Kraft Natural Pepper Jack Chunk, shredded
- 1 lb. lean sirloin, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 c. water
- fresh chopped tomatoes
- fresh chopped green onion
- fresh chopped cilantro
- sliced black olives
- sour cream
- In a medium skillet, brown the sirloin on medium high heat and drain of any excess grease. Add the taco seasoning and water and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare your toppings by doing any chopping before hand. Having the toppings ready to go on to the hot nachos when they come out of the oven is key for enjoying the nachos while they're still hot.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large cookie sheet or baking pan, and a generous layer of tortilla chips. Add the seasoned steak pieces to the top of the chips. Sprinkle the Mexican blend cheese and pepper jack cheeses evenly over the top of the chips. Bake at 425 for about 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Remove from oven and add all of your toppings right away. Enjoy nachos while they're still hot.