Looking for an amazing jalapeno cream cheese dip? This Crock Pot Jalapeno Popper Dip is served hot and perfect for a party. Made with simple ingredients that all come together in your slow cooker, there is minimal work, and amazing flavor. Serve with your favorite tortilla or corn chips!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Hot and creamy, with just a bit of spice, this delicious jalapeno cream cheese dip is the perfect party food. It’s made with simple ingredients, and comes together quickly and easily.
This dip recipe is made in your crock pot or slow cooker. Feel free to keep the dip warm in the crock pot and serve it alongside your favorite corn or tortilla chips. It’s fantastic for a game-day appetizer or holiday party.
What do I need to make jalapeno cream cheese dip?
Here’s a quick-reference check list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this dip recipe:
- Cream cheese – regular is ideal, however, you can also substitute Neufchatel cream cheese as well.
- Mayonnaise – lends to the creamy texture of the dip. If you prefer to not use mayonnaise, you can double the amount of sour cream.
- Sour Cream – adds a great creamy texture to the dip.
- Fresh jalapeno peppers – use fresh peppers. They will add a great flavor and a bit of heat to each bite.
- 1 ( oz. can) Rotel, or diced tomatoes with chilies – adds some nice color and flavor to the dip.
- Shredded Mexican Cheese – you can purchase this pre-shredded at most grocery stores.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – if you prefer to use just one cheese, omit the cheddar and use all Mexican blend, as this will melt smoothly.
- Bacon – cooked crisply and broken into pieces.
- Chili powder – adds a nice complimentary flavor to the dip.
- Garlic Powder – also adds a welcome flavor.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post to the recipe card. Thanks!
How do I make crock pot jalapeno popper dip?
There is actually minimal prep in making this dip recipe. You will need to dice the fresh jalapeno peppers. Dicing the peppers into small pieces is ideal. Also, be sure to remove the stems and internal seeds. The seeds can be overly hot and spicy.
Another safety tip when chopping jalapenos; wear latex gloves and avoid touching your face, nose, mouth or eyes. The moisture from the peppers can be an extreme irritant to your face and can even cause harm. Please, be careful when handling hot peppers like these.
Let your slow cooker do the work:
Simply add the ingredients to the slow cooker, set it on low, and let it melt the ingredients together. While cooking, I recommend occasionally stirring the dip to help it mix and melt evenly.
I also recommend cutting the cream cheese into 1″ chunks to help it melt a little quicker.
What can I serve with crock pot jalapeno popper dip?
We love serving this creamy, cheesy dip with tortilla chips, however it is versatile enough to be served with numerous other party foods. Here are some recommendations:
- Tortilla chips – blue corn and “scoop” style chips are great.
- Pita chips
- Corn chips
- Pretzels and crackers
- Fresh carrots, celery and bell peppers
What drinks go with jalapeno popper dip?
Tequila and rum drinks, like margaritas, mojitos, daiquiris and pina coladas go great with any TexMex fare. Here are some of our most popular drink recipes that go great with jalapeno popper dip:
- Mango Mojito
- Classic Skinny Margarita
- Pineapple Daiquiri
- Mango Margarita
- Blueberry Mojito
- Coconut Margarita
- Skinny Malibu Pina Colada
Looking for more party appetizer recipes? Check out our other dips and appetizers that are perfect for a party:
Here’s the recipe for this fantastic jalapeno popper dip recipe:
Crock Pot Jalapeno Popper Dip
Looking for a delicious hot dip recipe for your next party or get-together? This crock pot jalapeno popper dip is easily made in your slow cooker and served right out of your slow cooker. Simple and delicious!
- 16 oz. cream cheese (2, 8 oz. packages)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked crispy and broken into small pieces
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 (10 oz.) can, diced tomatoes and chilies (like Rotel), drained
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- To a slow cooker, add the cream cheese, cheeses, mayonnaise, sour cream, bacon pieces, jalapenos, drained tomatoes and chilies, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Cover the slow cooker and turn on low heat for 1.5 - 2 hours, stirring occasionally to help the ingredients melt together.
- Serve directly out of the slow cooker, keeping on a warm setting. Serve hot with your favorite tortilla or corn chips.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Will keep for up to 5 days, refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
Speak Your Mind