Get your cookout game on point with these incredible Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Kabobs! Made with savory, delicious ham, fresh pineapple and veggies, these simple ham and pineapple skewers will be your new favorite summer grilling recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Kabobs
Can you believe summer is nearly upon us? This is one of my favorite times of year. It’s the time when everyone slows down a bit and comes together.
We try to always make it a point to get everyone together at least a few times over the summer to have a big block party, where we fire up the grill and cook up some amazing food. These Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple skewers will definitely be on the menu for our first big cookout of the season!
Here’s the easy steps to making these Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Kebabs:
Step 1: Cut Ham, Pineapple & Veggies
Start by first cubing the boneless smoked ham into 1″ cubes. In addition to the ham, cut a green pepper, red onion and fresh pineapple into cubes as well.
I used fresh pineapple, however, you can also use frozen or canned pineapple chunks.
Step 2: Skewer the Ham, Pineapple & Veggies
When skewering meat and vegetables to go on the grill, you have a couple different options.
What type of skewers should I use for grilling?
Wooden skewers (shown above) are great – they’re the perfect serving size and are disposable. They do require that you soak them in water prior to skewering, so they don’t burn on the grill.
Your other skewer option is metal. Metal is also a great option as you don’t need to pre-soak and can be re-used over and over again. Most metal grilling skewers are on the larger side, so plan your portions accordingly.
Skewer the ham, pineapple, and vegetables alternating to your choosing.
Step 3: Make the Brown Sugar Pineapple Glaze
This is the perfect sauce to compliment the smokey, savory ham and is fantastic with the pineapple and vegetables.
Whisk the glaze ingredients together (pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder, and pepper) in a bowl. This sauce can be quickly mixed together while your grill is preheating.
Step 4: Grill the Ham and Pineapple Kebabs over Medium-High Heat
Place the skewers on the grill that has been heated to medium-high heat. Brush the kebabs with the glaze.
Cook for approximately 4-6 minutes per side, turning twice. Brush the kebabs each time after turning.
As the ham, pineapple and vegetables cook, they’ll have a slight char from the grill, this is when you know it’s time to turn.
Everything will become wonderfully glazed and caramelized and take on a fantastic, sweet, smokey flavor.
When should I serve these ham and pineapple skewers?
These kebabs would be perfect for a luau or Hawaiian-themed party. Make lots of these, and everyone will be coming in for seconds!
These are definitely kid friendly. My son devoured two of these and was asking for more! If your kids love these ham and pineapple kabobs, they will definitely love these Lunchbox Turkey and Ham Skewers.
If you loved this delicious cookout recipe, check out these other recipes perfect for summer:
- Bacon Lovers Baked Beans
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Best BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Easy Greek Tortellini Salad Recipe
Love pineapple? Check out some of my other delicious pineapple recipes:
- Pina Colada Champagne Punch
- Pineapple Margaritas
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Pineapple Daiquiris
- Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Green Superfood Smoothie Recipe with Pineapple
- Tropical Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Skinny Malibu Pina Coladas
- 1 lb. Sugardale Simple Carve Boneless Smoked Ham, 1" cubed
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cubed into 1" pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tsp. hot sauce (6-8 shakes)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Begin by cubing the ham into 1" pieces. Cut the fresh pineapple into 1" chunks and cut the pepper and onion into 1" pieces.
- Skewer the ham, pineapple, pepper and onion on to pre-soaked, wooden skewers or metal skewers.
- In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, pineapple juice, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Whisk together until brown sugar dissolves into the liquid. Glaze should be smooth.
- Place the kebabs on a grill that has been pre-heated to medium-high heat. Brush the kebabs with the glaze. Grill the kebabs for 4-6 minutes per side, turning them twice. After turning each time, brush the kebabs again with the glaze.
- After cooking, remove from the grill and serve right away while warm.
You will have enough sauce for brushing the kebabs while they grill, and for serving on the side.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1175Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 240mgSodium: 5797mgCarbohydrates: 145gSugar: 127gProtein: 96g
This post was sponsored by Sugardale Foods and SheKnows Media. As always, recipe, photos and opinions are 100% my own.