If you love Nutella, this homemade hot chocolate is for you! Made on the stove top in just minutes, this creamy, Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe is perfect for warming up when its cold outside!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The perfect Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe!
As the days get shorter, and the weather gets colder, the need for a delicious cup of hot chocolate becomes more and more necessary.
This Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe is perfect for watching your favorite Christmas movies, and enjoying with your favorite cookies. It’s also a great drink for when the snow is falling and you need to warm your body and soul!
How to make this simple Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe:
I personally LOVE to enjoy homemade hot chocolate. Homemade is WAY better than the powdered stuff you buy at the grocery store, and is pretty simple to make.
All you need is a saucepan, and a few ingredients, and you’ll discover that homemade is the only way to go!
Step 1: Heat the ingredients over medium-low heat
Start by adding your chocolate chips, sugar, Nutella and salt into a medium sauce pan. Pour in your milk. I recommend making hot chocolate with whole milk, as it will result in the most amazing, creamy consistency.
Heat the mixture on medium-low heat and everything will begin to melt together, resulting in the most decadent, delicious hot chocolate. Stir in your vanilla for an amazing flavor that you’ll be sure to love!
Toppings: marshmallows or whipped cream?
Ladle the hot chocolate into the mugs right away, and top with lots of marshmallows or whipped cream. This hot chocolate is the perfect treat to enjoy with Christmas cookies, and fantastic to help warm up after playing in the snow!
Nutella Hot Chocolate FAQ’s:
Can I make this hot chocolate in the crock pot?
- Yes! Simply add all of the ingredients into the crock pot. Heat on low, stirring often. Once the chocolate and Nutella have melted into the milk, it is ready to serve.
Can I spike this hot chocolate recipe?
- Yes, definitely! There are MANY liqueur options to add to this – here are just a few:
- Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- Rum Chata (see my recipe for White Hot Chocolate with Rum Chata!)
- Baileys Irish Cream – check out my Baileys Hot Chocolate recipe!
- Amaretto (see my recipe for Amaretto Hot Chocolate – it’s amazing!)
- Peppermint Schnapps – you can find my recipe for Spiked Peppermint Hot Chocolate at Real Housemoms)
What are the best toppings for hot chocolate?
- The most popular hot chocolate toppings are marshmallows and whipped cream or whipped topping. Feel free to sprinkle on chocolate shavings, chocolate sprinkles and a drizzle of additional Nutella.
If you loved this delicious Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe, check out some of my other drinks:
- Spike White Hot Chocolate
- Amaretto Hot Chocolate
- Mint Hot Chocolate
- Creamy Hot Buttered Rum
- Mint Chocolate Martini
- Chocolate Cake Martini
- Baileys Espresso Martini
Here’s the easy, delicious recipe for my homemade Nutella Hot Chocolate:
- 4 c. milk
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch/grind of salt
- marshmallows or whipped cream for topping
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk, chocolate chips, sugar, Nutella and salt. Over medium heat, slowly whisk the ingredients together. Heat on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, making sure not to boil. Once the liquid comes to a low simmer, remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla.
- While still hot, ladle into mugs, and top with your preference of marshmallows or whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2119Total Fat: 109gSaturated Fat: 55gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 603mgCarbohydrates: 240gSugar: 225gProtein: 48g
When its cold outside, treat yourself to the most wonderful, homemade hot chocolate. Enjoy! ~Erin