If you love sweet and savory flavors, this fresh Pineapple Mango Salsa recipe is for you. Made with fresh pineapple mango salsa ingredients, this easy salsa recipe is great for topping fish or chicken, or simply eating with tortilla chips.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you love a fruity, sweet salsa recipe? If so, this fresh delicious pineapple mango salsa is for you. Made with sweet mango, pineapple, bell peppers and savory green and red onions, this fresh salsa is the perfect healthy snack or topping.
This pineapple mango salsa is amazing in salads, lettuce wraps and great for topping fish and chicken.
Here’s how this simple, delicious pineapple mango salsa recipe comes together.
What are pineapple mango salsa ingredients?
Here’s a quick reference grocery list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this salsa:
- Fresh pineapple
- Fresh mango
- Red bell pepper
- Mandarin oranges (canned)
- Green onions
- Red onion
- Lime (for juice and zest)
- White vinegar
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to reference the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
How do I make pineapple mango salsa?
Making this salsa recipe is quite simple. Here’s what you do:
- Start by chopping the pineapple, mango, red bell pepper, oranges, green onions, red onion and cilantro. Ingredients will need to be chopped somewhat finely. All of these ingredients go directly into a mixing bowl.
- Top the ingredients with the juice and zest of a lime, and white vinegar. The acidity of the lime juice and vinegar will act as a natural preservative keeping the fruit fresh and prevent it from browning.
Ingredient substitutions and recommendations:
Here are a few ingredient substitutions and recommendations when making this salsa recipe:
- Pineapple – if you’re unable to find fresh pineapple, a good substitute is frozen pineapple. In a pinch you can also use canned pineapple, however it will be softer.
- Mango – most grocery stores carry frozen mango in the frozen fruit section. This is a good substitute for fresh mango.
- Canned mandarin oranges – you can also use fresh clementines or navel oranges that have been peeled.
- Red bell pepper – you can also use an orange, yellow or green bell pepper.
- Cilantro – I know some people do not prefer cilantro, so feel free to omit from the recipe.
- Spices – this recipe doesn’t call for any spices, however, if you want to add some spice, try adding a bit of chili powder or cumin. (1/2 tsp or less)
What goes with pineapple mango salsa?
This salsa is a fantastic topping for chicken and fish. I’ve paired it with my Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps and a side to go with my Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp. This salsa is also great with salmon and mahi mahi.
Here are some other recipes that would be great paired with this sweet and savory salsa:
- Pollo Asado Recipe
- Healthy Salmon Tacos
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Sheet Pan Steak Nachos
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Frozen Mango Daiquiri
- Skinny Malibu Pina Coladas
- Mango Mojito
This pineapple mango salsa makes for a great healthy snack as well. Pair with whole grain tortilla chips.
Looking for some other healthy snack inspiration? Check out these:
- Turkey Snack Wraps
- Lunchbox Turkey & Ham Skewers
- 30 Best Healthy Target Snacks
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
FAQ’s about how to make salsa:
Pineapple mango salsa ingredients include fresh pineapple, mango, red bell pepper, mandarin oranges, red onion, green onion, cilantro, juice and zest of a lime and white vinegar.
There is approximately 53 calories in a 1/2 cup serving of fresh, homemade pineapple mango salsa.
Yes. Homemade pineapple mango salsa is much better for you than jarred, store-bought salsa. Most processed, store-bought jarred pineapple mango salsas include a significant amount of refined sugar and extra calories. Homemade salsa recipes only include fruit, and don’t need extra processed sugar.
The flavors of this salsa are wonderful! The lime juice brings all of the fresh, fruity flavors together, and the crunch of the pepper and onions add the perfect texture to this salsa.
Looking for some other delicious Tex-Mex toppings and sauces? These are some of our favorites:
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Red Enchilada Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Classic Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Loaded Guacamole
- Cream Cheese Corn Dip
- Homemade Taco Sauce Recipe
- How to Make Salsa – my tutorial at Food.com
Tropical Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into small pieces
- 1 fresh mango peeled and diced, about 1 cup
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cup mandarin oranges rinsed and cut into pieces
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- juice and zest of lime
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add the pineapple, mango, pepper, oranges, onions and stir to incorporate. Add the lime juice, zest, vinegar and chopped cilantro and toss. Enjoy right away.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.