Looking for a quick and easy air fryer salmon recipe? This delicious 8-minute maple glazed salmon is really easy to make and has dinner on the table in minutes. Perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you love salmon, but always struggle to find tasty ways to enjoy it? This delicious maple glazed salmon is the perfect quick and easy way to make it!
This 8-minute air fryer salmon recipe takes all the guess work out of making salmon. The air fryer keeps it moist and juicy on the inside and gives it a nice caramelized outer edge.
What you’ll need to make this maple glazed salmon:
- Salmon filets – I’ve discovered the best place to buy wild caught Alaskan salmon is at Costco in their frozen foods section. See the 15 Things I Buy at Costco for Healthy Meals and Snacks.
- Maple syrup – NOT pancake syrup.
- Minced garlic
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make maple glazed salmon in the air fryer?
- The first step is to make your glaze. To a small saucepan, add the maple syrup, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Heat on medium-low and whisk until the sauce comes to a low boil. Simmer the glaze for 4-5 minutes. The sauce will reduce slightly.
- Place your salmon filets on a plate or pan, and pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Top your salmon with the maple glaze.
How long to cook salmon in Air Fryer?
I recommend cooking salmon for 8-10 minutes at 390 degrees. For a thin to medium filet, test for doneness at 8 minutes. These filets needed only 8 minutes, and are medium thickness. For a thicker filet, you might need a couple more minutes.
I have a Ninja Max XL Air Fryer. When preheated, this air fryer cooks quickly and evenly. Err on the side of shorter cook times, and test for doneness of the salmon early.
One of the most highly-rated, reviewed and LOVED air fryers on the market! The Ninja Max XL Air Fryer is one of the most used appliances in our kitchen, as we use it almost every day!
- Once glazed, preheat your air fryer. I have a Ninja Max XL Air Fryer and it recommends preheating for 3 minutes prior to cooking. Check your owners manual to see if preheating is recommended for your model. (It likely is.)
- Place the salmon in the air fryer at 390 degrees and cook for approximately 8 minutes. To test for doneness, use a fork to flake the salmon. If it is not red underneath and flakes easily, the salmon is done.
Do you enjoy the ease of cooking with an air fryer? Check out my best air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Brats
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Drumsticks
- Shrimp Tacos in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Maple Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
Frequently asked questions about making salmon in an air fryer:
For best results, 390 degrees is an ideal cooking temp for making salmon in the air fryer. It will only need 8-10 minutes to cook.
No. Salmon will cook fully and evenly without flipping. Place salmon skin-side down, and cook for 8-10 minutes (for medium-thick filets) at 390 degrees.
To test salmon for doneness, use a fork to flake/pull back the salmon against the white fat lines. If red underneath, it is not done. If the salmon flakes easily and is light pink with no red, it is done.
I’ve discovered the best place to buy wild caught Alaskan salmon is Costco in their frozen foods section.
We enjoyed this salmon with a simple green salad. It’s also fantastic topped with my Tropical Pineapple Mango Salsa.
Inspired to make more salmon? Check out some of our other popular salmon recipes:
- Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus
- Pesto Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner at Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
- Healthy Salmon Tacos
- Grilled Salmon Salad
- Honey Citrus Glazed Salmon
Maple Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 (4 oz.) salmon filets thawed
- If salmon filets have been frozen, make sure they are thawed completely.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the maple syrup, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper flake. Heat over medium-low heat until the sauce comes to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place thawed salmon filets on a plate or pan and pat dry with paper towels. Spoon the maple glaze over the top of each salmon filet.
- Preheat air fryer at 390 for 3 minutes. Then, place the glazed salmon filets in the air fryer basket skin side down. Cook at 390 for 8 minutes. (No need to flip during cooking.)
- To test for doneness, use a fork to flake the salmon. If the underside is no longer red, and a flakes easily, the salmon is done.
- Serve right away while warm.