This creamy, delicious strawberry marshmallow fluff is the ultimate summer salad! Made with fresh strawberries, marshmallows, cream cheese, Jell-o and whipped topping, this easy strawberry fluff salad recipe will be your new go-to cookout dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff Salad – The Perfect Strawberry Fluff Salad Recipe
Love a sweet side-dish recipe to serve at a cookout or pot-luck? This Strawberry Fluff Salad is the perfect option.
This dessert-like “salad” is a great addition to any pot-luck table. Made with fresh strawberries, marshmallows, strawberry Jell-o, cream cheese and more, this sweet side dish will quickly become a summertime favorite!
What do I need to make strawberry fluff?
Here’s a quick-reference grocery list of the ingredients you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Strawberry Jell-o
- Frozen Whipped Topping, like Cool Whip – you could also substitute my Homemade Cool Whip recipe, as a healthier alternative to Cool Whip.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Mini Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions, be sure to reference the full recipe card below. Thanks!
How do you make strawberry fluff?
Step 1: Make the Creamy Base
- Using a hand or stand mixer, you’ll begin by creaming together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Next, you’ll dissolve a package of strawberry Jell-o into cold milk. With your mixer running on the lowest speed, slowly and gradually add the milk mixture to the cream cheese mixture. You’ll continue to mix this together until smooth.
- Then, add the whipped topping, and mix until smooth. The creamy base will still be liquid-like, and just slightly thick. (like photo above)
Step 2: Fold in Fresh Strawberries
To the creamy base, you’ll fold in about three cups of fresh strawberries that have been hulled and sliced.
Can I use frozen strawberries for strawberry fluff?
Yes. If fresh strawberries are unavailable, frozen strawberries are a good option. Before adding to the salad, let the strawberries thaw completely in a strainer so any excess moisture can be removed.
Step 3: Add Mini Marshmallows
Like any good fluff salad recipe, you’ll need plenty of mini marshmallows. Not only do the marshmallows help give the salad it’s “fluff”, but they add great texture and sweetness to the salad.
For this recipe I added about three cups of marshmallows. Fold together the strawberries and marshmallows to the creamy base.
How long does strawberry fluff salad need to refrigerate?
Chill the salad for at least 2-3 hours before serving. This is a critical step, as you’ll need all the ingredients to set-up and become more firm.
If making this salad for an evening meal, make the base of the salad earlier in the day, so there is ample time to let the salad set-up and chill.
Step 4: Top with Extra Strawberries, Marshmallows and Graham Crackers
Just before it’s time to serve, transfer the fluff salad to a serving bowl, and top with additional strawberry slices, marshmallows, and graham cracker pieces for a pretty garnish.
Extra add-ins and toppings for Strawberry Jello Fluff:
- Crushed graham crackers (to resemble a graham cracker crust like texture)
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped pistachios
- Crushed pineapple
- Cottage cheese
Note: If you are going to add graham crackers to the salad, make sure you leave them out until just before serving. If you add the crackers before chilling the salad, they will become rather soggy.
FAQ’s for making Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff:
Strawberry fluff is made of fresh strawberries, marshmallows, whipped topping, cream cheese, whipped topping (Cool Whip), strawberry Jell-O, milk and sugar.
The pink color in fruit fluff typically comes from the strawberry Jello mix, as well as the fresh strawberries.
Kept refrigerated in an airtight container, strawberry fluff will last 3-4 days.
You’ll quickly discover that this fantastic strawberry fluff salad will be a family favorite all through spring and summer. It’s always a hit at any pot-luck or cookout and is typically one of the first dishes to disappear!
Love strawberries? Here are some of our most popular strawberry recipes:
If you’re loving this awesome strawberry fluff salad, check out some of my other delicious summer salad recipes:
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Pistachio Fluff
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad
- Cherry Jell-O Pretzel Salad
- Lemon OREO Fluff Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Cucumber Melon Fruit Salad
- Peaches and Cream Pretzel Salad
- Cranberry Fluff Salad
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg., cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. milk
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg., strawberry Jell-o
- 1 (8 oz.) container, frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use my Homemade Cool Whip Recipe)
- 3 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 c. mini marshmallows
- Graham Crackers, crumbled (about 1 large cracker)
- Strawberry slices
- Mini Marshmallows
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the Jell-o into the milk. With the mixer running on the lowest speed, slowly and gradually pour the milk mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Mix on low until completely combined. Fold in the whipped topping or use my Homemade Cool Whip recipe. Mixture will be slightly thin but creamy. Fold in the strawberries and marshmallows.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours for the fluff to firm up.
- Before serving, transfer the strawberry fluff to a serving bowl and top with additional strawberry slices, marshmallows, and graham cracker pieces, if desired.
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container. Will keep for up to 3-4 days refrigerated.
If adding graham crackers, be sure to add them just before serving so they don't get soggy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g