The ultimate Strawberry Cream Pie recipe!
The most amazing strawberry cream pie recipe you’ll ever have! This no-bake creamy strawberry pie is made with fresh strawberries, cream cheese and a Golden OREO crust. It’s perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day or any spring or summer celebration!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Strawberry Cream Pie – the perfect spring dessert!
Looking for a simple dessert for your Easter dinner, brunch or spring celebration? This delicious strawberry cream pie recipe is the perfect make-ahead dessert.
Made with cream cheese, Cool Whip, and Jell-O, this no bake strawberry pie is an easy dessert recipe. Fresh strawberries mixed into the filling and garnished on top, make this pie extra spectacular.
What do I need to make strawberry cream pie?
- Golden OREOs (regular or double-stuffed) – for the crust
- butter – for the crust
- 1 (8 oz.) package, cream cheese
- 1 (3 oz.) package, strawberry Jell-O
- 1 large (16 oz) carton, frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip) – as a substitute, you could also use my Homemade Cool Whip recipe. A great, healthier alternative to store-bought Cool Whip.
- fresh strawberries
For the full recipe with exact ingredient amounts and recipe instructions, be sure to see the recipe card below.
How do I make an OREO crust?
In a food processor or blender, add the cookies (entire cookie – no need to remove the cream filling of the cookie) and pulse until you you achieve crumbs. Pour the crumbs out into a pie plate.
Pour in the melted butter and mix together with the crumbs until you reach a gravel-like consistency. Press the crumb and butter mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
Pro-Tip: To have a more firm crust that holds its shape when slicing, bake the OREO crust in the oven for 5-7 minutes. This will help the crust hold its shape when cutting and will also help stay crisp and prevent from becoming soggy after the pie is refrigerated.
Ingredient substitutions and recommendations:
- Golden OREO’s: Instead of OREO’s also use store-brand vanilla sandwich cookies or even graham crackers to make the crust. You’ll need about 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs for the crust.
- Cool Whip: You CAN use stabilized whipped cream as a substitute for Cool Whip whipped topping.
- Strawberry Jell-O: You can definitely use sugar-free strawberry Jell-O instead of regular. No need to add extra sugar.
How do you make strawberry pie filling?
- Start with room temperature cream cheese. If your cream cheese is very cold and just out of the refrigerator, run it under warm water (still in the sealed packaging) to soften.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour the gelatin mix into the cold milk, and stir to dissolve. Note: the milk does NOT need to be warmed.
- With the mixer running on low and fitted with the whisk attachment, gradually pour in the milk mixture into the cream cheese, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Continue until milk cream cheese mixture is smooth.
- Using a rubber scraper, fold in half (8 oz.) of the Cool Whip. Fold in the chopped strawberries until mixture is completely combined.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Topped with additional whipped topping and sliced fresh strawberries, this amazing creamy strawberry pie recipe becomes a show-stopper of a dessert!
Be sure to check out my Google Web Story and get the highlights of making this delicious No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie!
When should I serve this creamy strawberry pie?
This strawberry pie makes a beautiful dessert for Easter brunch or dinner, to a Mother’s Day celebration or a summer cookout!
If serving this pie before a dinner or at the end of a party, keep refrigerated until just before serving. Keeping the pie cold will help it hold its shape.
Should Strawberry Cream Pie be refrigerated?
Yes. This pie is made with cream cheese, whipped topping and strawberries. All of these ingredients need to be refrigerated.
How long does strawberry pie last?
Kept refrigerated, this creamy strawberry pie will last 4-5 days.
Can this strawberry pie be frozen?
For best results, keep the pie refrigerated, not frozen.
If you loved this delicious no bake strawberry pie recipe, check out my other delicious no bake desserts:
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Chocolate Cream Pie
- Lemon OREO Icebox Pie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Fluff Salad
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Covered Cherry No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Creamy Blueberry Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
Looking for some other dessert ideas for your holiday celebrations? These are great options:
- Mom’s Famous Coconut Cream Pie
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Blueberry Tarts with Lemon Mascarpone
- Cherry Almond Crumble Tart
Here’s the recipe for this amazing Strawberry Cream Pie recipe:
- 22 Golden OREO cookies (or any other vanilla sandwich cookie)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg, cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. milk
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. Strawberry Jell-o
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, chopped
- 8 oz. (half of the 16 oz. carton) Cool Whip, thawed (or homemade stabilized whipped cream)
- 4-6 oz. of remaining Cool Whip
- 1-1 1/2 c. sliced strawberries
- For Crust: In a food processor, crush the Golden OREO's. Pour crumbs into a 9" pie plate, and combined with the melted butter. Mixture should resemble gravel. Firmly press crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Refrigerate.
- For filling: With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the room temperature cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour the strawberry Jell-O mix into the milk, and stir well to dissolve. With the mixer running on low and fitted with the whisk attachment, gradually pour in the milk mixture into the cream cheese, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Continue until milk cream cheese mixture is smooth.
- Using a rubber scraper, fold in half (8 oz.) of the Cool Whip. Instead of store-bought Cool Whip, you can substitute my recipe for Homemade Cool Whip. Fold in the chopped strawberries until mixture is completely combined. Pour the filling into the chilled crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, top the pie with additional Cool Whip. (Feel free to add as much or as little as you like.) Add the sliced strawberries to the top of the whipped topping. Slice and serve.
For a more firm crust, bake in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. Yes, I realize this makes this recipe no longer no-bake, however, this will help the pie hold its shape when sliced.
Ingredient Substitutions: If you would prefer to use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip, you are welcome to do so. My recipe makes 1 - (8 oz.) container, so doubling the recipe to have enough whipped cream for the topping would be ideal.
Notes regarding Jell-O: The Jell-o does NOT need to be prepared before using in this recipe. Just add the dry mix to the milk as directed. The milk does not need to be heated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 4g