This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WaysToWow #CollectiveBias
Are you doing some holiday entertaining this year? These delicious Penguin Cookies are the perfect treat for your next holiday party or get-together. Made with Town House Crackers and few other goodies, these cookies will be loved by everyone in the family!
We live in wonderful neighborhood, filled with lots of kids and great people we now consider our closest friends. Getting together with our neighbors during the holiday season is something I’m really looking forward to. I’ve decided to have a casual, fun holiday party with kids and grown-ups – everyone included! These Penguin Cookies will be the perfect treat for our holiday party and something that both kids and grown-ups will love!
To make these fun Penguin Cookies I needed just a few ingredients. I stopped by my local Target store to pick up Town House Crackers. These crackers are the perfect shape for the penguins, and have a wonderful, buttery flavor perfect for a sandwich cookies like these! In addition to the Town House crackers, I also picked up some creamy peanut butter, a package of chocolate candy coating, some orange peanut butter candy pieces, and some candy eyes. I also used bright white chocolate candy melts as the round tummies of the penguins.
Making these Penguin Cookies is a very simple process. In fact, this is fun no-bake project that you can do with your kids! Simply start by spreading the peanut butter on a Town House Cracker and sandwiching it with another cracker. Repeat this process for as many cookies as you would like to make. The Town House Crackers add a fantastic buttery, crispness that make these cookies really delicious! The cookie has a fantastic salty-sweet flavor that is irresistible!
Next, begin dipping the cracker sandwiches into the chocolate, coating the entire exterior. While the chocolate is still wet, add a white round candy melt (unmelted) for the tummy, add a couple of eyes, and add two orange candies for the feet. Cut some orange candies in half, and then add these to make the penguin beak. I recommend having all of your decorations ready to go, as once you dip the chocolate, it will begin to harden rather quickly. The best way to get the decorations to stick, is to add them right away will the chocolate is still wet.
Let the chocolate set and you’ll have some adorable penguins that are the perfect treat for your next holiday party! Both kids and grown-up will love these!! Don’t these little guys look adorable?! These would also be fantastic for a Christmas break playdate, or a fun get together with all the kids the in the neighborhood!
Here’s the recipe for these fun to make, delicious Penguin Cookies:
- 24 Town House Crackers
- creamy peanut butter (about 1 tsp. per cookie)
- 1 (16 oz) pkg, chocolate candy coating
- 12 bright white chocolate candy melt wafers
- orange candy coated peanut butter candies (2 candies for feet and ½ candy for beak)
- candy eyes (2 per cookie)
- Lay out a couple large sheets of waxed paper on your work surface. Prepare your decorations - its helpful to place each decoration in small bowls so they are ready to go when you need them. The chocolate will cool and harden within minutes, so you'll need everything at your fingertips to work quickly.
- Begin making the cracker sandwiches by spreading one cracker with 1 tsp. of peanut butter. Place the second cracker on top to create a sandwich. Repeat this process for all of your cookies.
- Next, melt the chocolate candy coating according to package directions. Dip each of the cracker sandwiches into the chocolate coating, covering the entire outer surface. Place on the waxed paper. While the chocolate is still wet, place a white chocolate wafer on the bottom half of the cookie for the penguin tummy. Place two orange candies at the bottom for the feet, two eyes at the top, and a ½ orange candy for the beak.
- Let the chocolate cool and set completely before handling. Keep cookies at room temperature or freeze.
As you can see, these are really easy to make, and even easier to enjoy! As we close in on the holidays, don’t forget to celebrate with the ones you love. Have some friends and neighbors over for a fun, casual get together, and serve a delicious treat like these Penguin Cookies! These are also great for a holiday cookie exchange, and wonderful to add to your holiday cookie platters.
May you have a wonderful holiday season!