This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
These colorful and fun M&M’s® Spring Flower Pops are the perfect addition to any Easter basket. Made out of simple cereal treats, and decorated with white chocolate, and M&M’s® candies, these also make for a fun spring treat for everyone you know!
Do you and your family enjoy putting together Easter baskets? Easter was one of my most favorite holidays as a child, and is still one of my favorites today. I love putting together fun, colorful Easter treats for my family, friends and neighbors. This year I had an idea to create these colorful (and tasty!!) M&M’s® Spring Flower Pops. Not only were they fun to make, they were pretty easy, and when added to these Terra-cotta flower pots, they become the most amazing spring Easter basket!
To create these fun, springy Easter Baskets, I made sure to swing by my local Walmart to pick up all the supplies I needed. Every Easter Basket needs lots of candy, so I picked up these pretty DOVE® Milk Chocolate Easter Bunnies, DOVE® Solid Milk Chocolate Bunnies, Starburst® Jellybeans Original, M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies, and Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies. You can also find 23.5oz Easter Mixed Brand Chocolates (package includes SNICKERS®, DOVE®, M&M’s®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, 3 Musketeers®) at Walmart as well.
Make sure you stop by the front holiday section at your local Walmart to find all of your Easter basket essentials. I was able to pick up the green Easter grass, plastic eggs, and the paper straws and lollipop sticks, too! I also got all of my supplies for the cereal treats in the grocery section. Walmart really is a one-stop shop!
To make these fun flower pops is actually a pretty simple process. You’ll start by making a pan of cereal treats. Once cooled, you’ll cut the cereal treats into circles, using round cookie or biscuit cutters. Feel free to use any size you wish – I actually make a couple of sizes – 2 1/2″ and 1 1/2″ which made for a nice variety.
Once the cereal treats are cut into the round shapes, you’ll then melt the white chocolate candy melts. To make sure the straws/sticks stay firmly in the pops, you’ll want to dip the end of the stick into the melted chocolate just before inserting into the cereal treat. Place on a flat surface to dry.
From here, you can then begin decorating the flowers. I chose the M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies (which are slightly larger) and the Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies. The larger M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies worked well for the center of the flowers, and the smaller Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies were just the right size for the petals. Have fun mixing and matching the color combinations for your flowers.
Once the chocolate is set, I then tied on small strips of green ribbon to the straws/sticks, which made for really pretty “leafy foliage” for the flowers.
These flowers are such a pretty addition to a fun and creative spin on Easter baskets. I placed a piece of Styrofoam into each pot, and topped the pots with green, paper Easter grass. I then inserted the lollipop sticks easily into the Styrofoam, and topped with pots with the DOVE® Milk Chocolate Easter Bunnies, Starburst® Jellybeans Original , and additional M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies.
In addition to Easter baskets, these flower pots also make fantastic Easter centerpieces. When adorned with these pretty spring flower pops, this pretty pastel colored flower pot will be a gorgeous addition to any Easter dinner table.
Here’s the recipe for these fun, pretty and tasty M&M’s® Spring Flower Pops:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 5½ c. mini marshmallows
- 6 c. crispy rice cereal
- 4-6 oz. white chocolate candy melts
- M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies
- Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies
- Spray a 9 x 13" pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 45-60 seconds. Add the marshmallows and toss gently in the melted butter. Microwave the marshmallows for 1 min 30 seconds. Stop to stir. Melt for another 30-60 seconds until marshmallows are completely melted. Add the rice cereal to the melted marshmallows, and combine completely. Pour mixture into the prepared pan, and press evenly. Let the cereal treats set to cool completely, for at least 1 hour.
- Once cereal treats have cooled, begin cutting out round cereal treat shapes with round cookie or biscuit cutters. Use any size desired.
- Melt the white chocolate candy melts according to package directions. Using paper straws and/or lollipop sticks, dip the end into the melted chocolate, and then insert into the round cereal treat, about half way into the side of the treat.
- Use the remainder of the melted chocolate, coat the top sides of the pops, and decorate with the M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies and Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies using a variety of color combinations. Let cereal treats cool completely, at least 1 hour, before moving. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Decorate with green ribbon to give the pops the looks of a leafy stem.
I hope these treats inspire you to do something fun for your friends, family and neighbors for Easter this year! These pretty pops will surely get Spring off to a great start! Enjoy! ~Erin
Do you have a fun Easter treat that you make with M&M’s®? Need some additional Easter ideas? Check out the M&M’s® Easter Hub for additional Easter Basket, treat and dessert ideas for making your Easter the best ever!