No bake cheesecake bars don’t get any better than this! Made with an OREO crust, a creamy no bake cherry cheesecake filling, and topped with a chocolate drizzle and chocolate dipped cherries, these bars are incredible. Easy to make, and completely delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Cherry Cheesecake Bars that are BETTER than the sloppy cherry pie filling version!
There is something about chocolate covered cherries that makes my heart melt. The sweet, crisp chocolate on the outside of a juicy, delicious cherry is simply the perfect texture and flavor combination. I feel the same way about chocolate covered strawberries.
This amazing fruit/chocolate combination inspired me to make these super delicious Chocolate Covered Cherry No Bake Cheesecake Bars!
How I came up with these No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars
I wanted a different take on the usual, predictable cheesecake bar topped with Cherry Pie Filling (….sigh). Not only is it a bit overdone, but the cherry pie filling on top of an already sweet cheesecake is a but to syrup-y for me.
I derived this recipe from my OREO Lovers No Bake Cheesecake Bars. Its a super-simple recipe that layers an OREO cookie crust, a creamy no bake cheesecake filling, all topped with a simple chocolate drizzle and chocolate covered cherries.
These cheesecake bars are a fantastic treat for Valentine’s day, a brunch or luncheon dessert, or just hangin’ out with your peeps on a Tuesday night. 🙂
How to make these cherry cheesecake bars look amazing:
I absolutely love the look of these bars. That pretty chocolate drizzle on top is really easy and effortless. I simply melted chocolate in the microwave, and using a spoon, drizzled the melted chocolate over the top of the bars.
I drizzled in one direction, then turned the cheesecake 90 degrees, and drizzled again, thus creating the cool chocolate design.
What’s the best way to cut these no bake cheesecake bars:
As to not mess up your cool chocolate design, cut the cooled and set no bake cheesecake bars BEFORE drizzling with chocolate. You’ll likely need to run a knife thought the bars again, but the pretty chocolate design will be less likely to break after serving.
Flavor these cherry cheesecake bars with almond extract instead of vanilla
You’ll notice in the recipe that in addition to vanilla extract, I also added almond extract. Any time I’m baking with cherries, almond extract is a natural pairing.
It adds a wonderful, yet subtle, flavor that is absolutely perfect with the chocolate and cherries. If you’re not a big almond extract fan (I know some people are not), feel free to omit.
This dessert is a fantastic make-ahead option anytime you want to serve a delicious, no-fuss treat. Your guests will think you picked up this dessert at a fancy bakery, but in reality these no bake cheesecake bars are super simple.
Here’s a quick shopping list of all the ingredients you’ll need in this recipe:
- OREO cookies (regular or double-stuffed)
- Cream Cheese (2, 8 oz. bars)
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- Container (8 oz.) of Frozen Whipped Topping
- Jar, Maraschino Cherries, with Stems
- Bittersweet Chocolate 60% Baking Bar (you’ll use about 1/2, or 2 oz.)
(For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions, be sure to reference the full recipe below. Just keep scrolling down.)
Love cherry desserts? Check out my other cherry recipes:
If you love a great no bake cheesecake recipe, check out some of my other similar recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- OREO Lovers No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Raspberry No Bake Cheesecake Cups
- Lemon Raspberry No Bake Pie at Real Housemoms
Here’s the easy recipe for these fantastic Chocolate Covered Cherry No Bake Cheesecake bars:
Chocolate Covered Cherry No Bake Cheesecake Bars
No bake cheesecake bars don't get better than this! Made with an OREO crust, a creamy no bake cherry cheesecake filling, and topped with a chocolate drizzle and chocolate dipped cherries, these bars are incredible. Easy to make, and completely delicious!
- 25 OREO cookies (regular or double-stuffed), crushed
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 16 oz. (2 - 8 oz. blocks) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 (8 oz.) container, frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 c. chopped maraschino cherries
- 16 marischino cherries, with stems
- 2 oz. (1/2 of a 4 oz. baking bar), bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Line a 9x9" square pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Crush the 25 OREO cookies in a food processor. Add the melted butter, and pulse in the processor a few more times to combine. Pour the crumb mixture into the lined pan, and press firmly to the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix until creamy and slightly fluffy. Add the vanilla and almond extract and mix. Gradually add in the thawed whipped topping. Fold in the chopped cherries, and mix together. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the crust, making sure to spread firmly and evenly into corners of the pan. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours, or until firmly set.
- For the topping: Melt the bittersweet chocolate according to package directions. Dip the marischino cherries into the chocolate and place on to a piece of waxed paper to cool and harden. Refrigerate if you need the chocolate to harden quickly. Lightly drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over the top of the chilled cheesecake. (For an even better drizzle, cut the cheesecake into 16 squares before drizzling the chocolate.) Even place the 16 chocolate covered cherries on top of the cheesecake squares. Refrigerate any leftovers.
If you would prefer a more firm, crisp crust, bake the OREO cookie crust at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cool completely before adding the cheesecake filling. (Yes, I realize this makes the dessert no longer "no-bake", however, a more firm crust will yield more uniform, square slices. Just an option.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3078Total Fat: 241gSaturated Fat: 145gCholesterol: 634mgSodium: 1905mgCarbohydrates: 209gSugar: 176gProtein: 33g
I hope this recipe inspires you to enjoy the classic flavors of chocolate and cherries in an amazing no bake dessert. Enjoy! ~Erin
Speak Your Mind