Like a mini version of a meatball sub, these amazing Parmesan Mozzarella Meatball Sliders are the perfect party food! Super-simple to make, this meatball slider recipe is great for serving at your next watch party or pot-luck.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We are most definitely a football household. When it’s football season (September through January) there is always a game on pretty much the entire weekend. So when the season comes to a close, the Super Bowl is like a holiday for us!
We often have friends over and there is never a shortage of food, drinks and snacks. These easy and super-yummy Parmesan Mozzarella Meatball Sliders will definitely be on our table this Super Bowl Sunday.
Here’s the simple steps to creating these delicious Italian Meatball Sliders
What you need to make these meatball sliders:
Because I’m all about making things as simple as possible, I specify ingredients that are pre-made, like frozen meatballs and packaged sweet rolls that you can pick up at the grocery store. Yes, if you have a meatball recipe that you love, feel free to use it. If you love the ease and convenience of cooking with frozen meatballs check out our Skillet Tortellini and Meatballs Marinara recipe.
However, for this specific recipe I like to use the frozen Italian meatballs making these sliders come together quickly and easily. Along with the frozen meatballs, I also use a large package of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, a jar of marinara sauce, shredded cheeses and a few other simple ingredients making these sliders come together in a snap!
Step 1: Meat the meatballs in marinara sauce
You’ll start by heating the frozen meatballs in a skillet with a jar of marinara sauce. Once the meatballs are heated all the way through, you’ll place them on the bottom portion of the rolls.
Helpful tip: many people make their sliders in a baking dish, however, I like to use a baking sheet instead. It makes cutting and serving the sandwiches much easier.
Step 2: Top the Meatballs with the shredded Parmesan and mozzarella
From here, I top the meatballs with the shredded Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and then top with the upper portions of the rolls.
Slicing tip: if you can, use a long serrated knife to cut through the entire package of rolls, leaving the top half of the rolls in one large piece. Once you top with the cheeses, you’ll then place the top half of the rolls over the cheese covered meatballs.
Love cooking with frozen meatballs? Check out my recipe for Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole.
Step 3: Brush Meatball Sliders with Butter and Top with Parmesan Cheese
From here, brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter, garlic and herb mixture, and then give it a final topping of grated Parmesan cheese. Then, your sliders are ready to go into the oven. I baked my sliders for 12 minutes, which was actually a little too long (as you can see from the slight over-browning of the tops of the rolls).
How long should I bake meatball sliders?
I would recommend baking just 8-10 minutes. Because the meatballs are already cooked, the oven just needs to melt the cheeses.
How do I keep meatball sliders warm for a party?
If you’re serving your sliders for a party and want to keep them warm. Reduce the heat in your oven (to approximately 225 degrees), cover the sliders with foil, and bring out when you are ready to serve.
Your Italian Meatball Sliders are ready to serve!
Once your sliders come out of the oven they’ll be ready to serve right away. I would recommend using your serrated knife to cut through all of the sliders, and placing a toothpick in the center of each roll & meatball.
This will help keep the sandwiches together and in individual portions, and much easier to grab and serve for your guests.
What should I serve with meatball sliders?
Marinara sauce is perfect for dipping on the side. Be sure to reserve the marinara sauce that you cook your meatballs in to enjoy as a dipping sauce.
Here are a few sides to go with this meatball slider recipe:
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- Parmesan Ranch Steak Fries
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
I have to say that as soon as I took these sliders out of the oven, my boys DEVOURED them! They smell pretty darn amazing when heating in the oven, and they were sniffing around the kitchen right away to see if they could get their hands on these mini sandwiches.
Needless to say that of the 24 that I made, I had just a few left by the end of the evening. I can definitely attest that they are darn tasty! I will definitely be making them again for our Super Bowl party in a few weeks, and may even make a double batch!
If you loved these easy meatball sliders, check out these other slider and appetizer recipes:
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Italian Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
- BBQ Pork Loin Sliders at Real Housemoms
- Cream Cheese Corn Dip
- White Queso Dip
- Sheet Pan Steak Nachos
Here’s the easy, delicious recipe for my Parmesan Mozzarella Meatball Sliders:
Parmesan & Mozzarella Meatball Sliders
- 1 package Hawaiian Sweet Rolls 24-count package
- 1 package Italian Meatballs, frozen 1 – 26 oz. package
- 1 24 oz. jar, Marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic about 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer the frozen meatballs with about a 1/2 cup of water. Cover and stir the meatballs occasionally until no longer frozen, and are warmed all the way through (about 7-10 minutes.) Add the jar of marinara sauce, reduce heat to medium and bring the sauce a meatballs to a simmer. Once simmering, remove from heat.
- On the lined baking sheet, place the entire package of rolls still all in one large piece/loaf. Using a serrated knife, slice the entire loaf of rolls horizontally, half way up the sides of the rolls. Remove the top half section of the rolls.
- Reserving the heated marinara sauce, place a cooked meatball on each individual roll section (24 meatballs.) Cover the meatballs with the shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Top the cheese covered meatballs with the top section of the rolls.
- In a small dish or cup, combine the melted butter, garlic and Italian herbs. Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture. Then, sprinkle the tops of the rolls with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or just until the cheese are melted. Watch the bread so it doesn't over-brown.
- Remove from oven and serve right away. Serve with reserved marinara sauce for dipping.