If you love Rolo’s caramel filled candies, then these Double Chocolate Rolo Cookies will be your favorite! This Rolo cookies recipe is made with a double chocolate cookie dough, for a chewy, chocolatey, caramel filled bite!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I don’t know too many people that don’t like chocolate. In fact, I’m not sure I know anyone that doesn’t love chocolate. Chocolate is one of those universal ingredients that can be used in a multitude of ways.
My personal feeling is, more chocolate, the better!! This is precisely how these Double Chocolate Rolo Cookies recipe came to be.
These cookies are nothing short of amazing! The fudgy, chocolaty dough is rolled in mini chocolate chips, and then stuffed with a Rolo candy. If you’re a caramel lover like me, you know that Rolo’s are filled with a buttery caramel – a nice little surprise when you bite into this delicious cookie.
These cookies come together easily. The dough is a simple chocolate cookie dough, and refrigerated after mixing. You then cut the dough evenly into cubes and roll into balls.
Refrigerating the dough helps ensure the cookies keep a nice round shape while baking, and makes it easy to roll in the mini chocolate chips. The last thing you do is press a Rolo candy into the top of the ball just before baking. What comes out of the oven is pure bliss!
These are so good with a big glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. They’re fudgy, chewy and adorned with the perfect amount of chocolate chips. The Rolo in the center is the icing on the cake, as the caramel in the center is amazing! Served warm, these cookies are even better!
If you loved these rolo cookies, check out some of my other cookie recipes:
Here’s how to make this delicious Rolo Cookies recipe:
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick). room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 18-24 Rolo candies (1 per cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until the dough is completely combined. Pour the dough out on a sheet of plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Cut the refrigerated dough into 18-24 even cubes. With your hands roll the cubes into balls. Roll the balls in the mini chocolate chips and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Lastly, press a Rolo candy into the top of each ball. Bake for 9-10 minutes, and cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before removing the cookies from the sheet. Cool the cookies on a cooling rack, and store in and airtight container at room temperature.