Looking for a healthy Greek yogurt fruit dip recipe? This delicious peanut butter fruit dip is amazing with apples, strawberries, pears and more. Made with just 3 simple ingredients and just 55 calories a serving, this peanut butter apple dip is amazing!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Could you use a new way to get your kids (or yourself!) to eat more fruit? This delicious Greek yogurt fruit dip tastes amazing and is actually quite healthy.
Made with just 3 simple ingredients, it takes just a couple minutes to mix together. Coming in at only 55 calories per serving, this delicious peanut butter apple dip is a great way to enjoy the flavor of peanut butter, but without all the calories.
What do I need to make Greek yogurt fruit dip?
- Plain Greek yogurt – I use and love Fage plain 2% or 5% Greek yogurt. You could also use a non-fat plain Greek yogurt, or a vanilla Greek yogurt. If choosing to use vanilla be sure to check the label to make sure there is no added sugar.
- Powdered peanut butter – instead of regular peanut butter, which can be hard to mix with yogurt, I use powdered peanut butter. This has all the flavor of regular peanut butter, but without the extra calories. Again, check the label to make sure there is no added sugar.
- Vanilla Sweet Drops – for this recipe I like to use a liquid sweetener, as it mixes better. I use and like Vanilla Creme Sweet Drops, made by SweetLeaf.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make Greek yogurt fruit dip?
To make yogurt fruit dip, simply add Greek yogurt, powdered peanut butter and sweetener into a mixing bowl. Using a rubber scraper mix the ingredients well and until you achieve a smooth consistency.
Once it is mixed together, it is ready to eat! Serve this dip with apple slices, bananas, pears, fresh cherries or strawberries for a healthy, delicious snack.
Tips for storing peanut butter apple dip:
Once the dip is mixed together, it either needs to be ate right away, or refrigerated.
If mixing together and enjoying later, be sure to store the dip in a resealable container with a tight fitting lid. Because this dip is made with Greek yogurt, it needs to be kept cold.
This dip will keep for up to 5 days when refrigerated and stored in an airtight container.
What fruit can I serve with yogurt fruit dip?
- Apple slices – feel free to slice up any apples you prefer, like Honey Crisp, Granny Smith, Pink Lady, and Red Delicious.
- Bananas – peanut butter and banana are a natural pairing and goes great with this peanut butter dip.
- Fresh cherries – I’ve put fresh cherries directly in the dip and ate with a spoon! Absolutely delicious!
- Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries – this peanut butter dip with fresh berries tastes like a PB&J!
Another mix-in to try is mini chocolate chips. I really enjoy Lily’s No Sugar Added Mini Chocolate Chips, which are perfect in this peanut butter dip.
Frequently asked questions about making yogurt fruit dip:
To keep apple slices from turning brown, you can pour a can of lemon-lime soda over the slices (like Sprite, 7-up or Sierra Mist), and refrigerate the apple slices with the soda. You can also coat with fresh lemon juice.
For best results, use a plain Greek yogurt. You can flavor it any way you wish, and it doesn’t have added sugar like vanilla or fruit flavored yogurts contain.
Yogurt tastes great with fresh berries, like blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. It is also great with fresh peaches, cherries, mango and pineapple.
Adding a stevia or monk fruit sweetener is a great option to add to plain Greek yogurt without adding sugar. Powdered peanut butter is also a great way to add flavor to plain yogurt.
If you loved this healthy snack recipe, check out some of these other healthy snack ideas:
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Creme stevia drops (liquid sweetener)
- In a bowl, add the yogurt, powdered peanut butter and sweetener.
- Using a rubber scraper mix the ingredients together until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Serve right away with fruit like apple slices, bananas, strawberries and pears. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yogurt options: I use and prefer 2% or 5% Fage Greek yogurt. It is super thick, creamy, healthy and uses minimal ingredients. You can also use vanilla Greek yogurt, just be sure to double check the nutrition label to make sure there is no added sugar.
Storage: this is a great make-ahead or meal prep snack option. Simply stir together and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The dip will keep for up to 5 days refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Kitchen Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5 Grey
REGILLER Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5) , Non Slip Blue Silicone Bottom Nesting Storage Bowls, Polished Mirror Finish For Healthy Meal Mixing and Prepping 1.5 - 2 - 2.5 - 3.5 - 7QT (Blue)
SweetLeaf Sweet Drops Liquid Stevia Sweetener, Vanilla Creme, 2 Fl Ounce
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g