Loaded with layers of pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, these Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are the perfect party food. Fantastic for watch parties, tailgating, holiday parties and more, this hot and cheesy pizza sliders recipe is easy to make and taste incredible!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Looking for an awesome appetizer recipe that will feed a crowd? These delicious pizza sliders are the perfect option for getting together with friends and family.
A slider recipe is a fantastic appetizer option when you don’t want to serve a full meal, but still want something substantial beyond chips and dip. Great for prepping in advance and heating in the oven for your party. Served hot, this slider recipe is one that everyone will rave over!
What do I need to make a pizza sliders recipe?
Here’s a quick reference check list of the ingredients you’ll need to make these simple, delicious pepperoni sliders:
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Slider Rolls or party-sized dinner rolls (24 count)
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic – feel free to use jarred, minced garlic
- Italian herbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – the kind that comes pre-grated in a can is ideal for this recipe.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to reference the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
How do I make pizza sliders?
Start by slicing an entire package of slider rolls or party-sized dinner rolls horizontally through the middle. You’ll have a bottom half and a top half. Remove the top half and set aside. Place the bottom half on a sheet pan, and being layering on the sauce and toppings.
The first topping will be to add the pizza sauce. Adding a spoonful or dollop to each slider is plenty.
Next, to the sauce, sprinkle on a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
On top of the shredded cheese, add about 3 slices of pepperoni to each slider.
You’ll repeat this process again with another generous layer of mozzarella cheese and more pepperoni.
How long do I bake sliders?
Bake the lower half of the sliders for approximately 5-7 minutes. Baking the bottom half of the sliders is helpful in that it allows the cheese to melt, and the pepperoni to heat without over-browning the top layer of bread.
While the bottom half of the sliders are in the oven, it’s a good time to mix together the garlic butter that you’ll be brushing over the top of the rolls.
Once the bottom half of the sliders come out of the oven, top with the top half of the slider rolls. Brush the tops of the rolls with the garlic butter. Then, sprinkle on the grated Parmesan cheese.
The garlic butter and Parmesan cheese is a great addition and adds some complimentary flavor to each mini sandwich. It also mimics the flavors and textures of a pepperoni pizza crust.
Bake the sliders for another 4-6 minutes – this is just enough to toast the top half of the bread to a beautiful golden brown.
Once the sliders come out of the oven, they are ready to slice and serve. Feel free to serve right on the baking sheet for your hungry sports-loving crowd. These are also fantastic for a quick weeknight dinner when time is tight.
What can I serve with pepperoni pizza sliders?
These sliders are a great party appetizer and can be served alongside other dips, veggies, chips and drinks. Here are some of our popular party food recipes:
- Marinara Sauce by The Forked Spoon – fantastic for dipping these sliders!
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Easy Cheesy Breadsticks
- Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix
- Coconut Margarita
- Arnold Palmer Iced Tea
Love sliders and party food? Check out our other party appetizer recipes:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. sliced pepperoni
- 1 (24 count) pkg., slider rolls or party-sized dinner rolls
- 1 (14 oz.) jar, pizza sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg., shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- Place the slider rolls on the baking sheet, and with a serrated knife, slice in half horizontally, so tops and bottoms of rolls are separated into two large halves.
- Place the bottom half of the slider rolls onto the prepared baking sheet. On the bottom halves of the rolls, spoon about 1/2 Tbsp. of pizza sauce to each slider half.
- Next, sprinkle half of the package of mozzarella cheese over the top of the sauce. On top of the cheese, add about 3 pepperoni's per dinner roll.
- Top with the rest of the cheese. Lastly, add more pepperoni to each roll (about 2 pepperoni's) per slider. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While bottom half of the sliders are in the oven, melt butter, and add garlic and Italian herbs. Stir together and set aside.
- When bottom half of sliders come out of the oven, top with the top halves of the bread. Brush to tops of the slider rolls with the garlic butter. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake for another 4-6 minutes for the top half of the bread to warm and slightly brown.
- Remove from oven. While still warm, slice each slider into individual mini-sandwiches, and serve with the remainder of the pizza sauce for dipping.
These sliders are best served fresh and made the same day. Store any leftovers in and airtight container. Reheat in a toaster oven or microwave until the cheese has melted. Refrigerated, leftovers will keep for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Serving side for sliders is 2 sliders/serving.