These Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are the perfect party food!
Loaded with layers of Sugardale® Pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, these Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are the perfect party food! Fantastic for watch parties, tailgating, holiday parties and more, these hot, mini sandwiches are easy to make and taste incredible!
My family is REALLY into sports, specifically baseball and football! Our son plays baseball in both spring and fall leagues, and loves playing football with his friends in the neighborhood. The beginning of October ushers in the best month for sports of the year for us. College and pro football are in full swing, and baseball playoffs begin. This is prime-time sport-watching season at our house, which means we need prime-time party food. That’s where these Pepperoni Pizza Sliders come into play. These sliders are super-simple to make and are perfect for gathering friends and watching baseball playoffs, and every football game on the schedule. Here’s how they come together:
Step 1: Gather your ingredients
These Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are super simple to make, and are made with fantastic Sugardale Pepperoni. Sugardale Pepperoni features genuine, old-world flavor that makes everything taste better. Not only is it amazing on pizza, it’s fantastic in salads, like my Italian Tortellini Salad and Italian Chopped Salad, and great for snacking, too! Sugardale Pepperoni is available in 5 oz., 8 oz., and 1 lb. packages. Make sure you also have slider rolls, shredded mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, and butter, garlic, Italian herbs and grated Parmesan cheese for topping the sliders.
Step 2: Slice Rolls and Add Pizza Sauce
The next step is to slice your slider rolls in half, horizontally. After slicing they will be in two large halves – a flat bottom half, and the top half. Add about a 1/2 Tbsp of pizza sauce to the bottom of each of the sliders.
Step 3: Top with Half of the Mozzarella Cheese
To the top of the sauce, sprinkle about half of the package of the mozzarella cheese.
Step 4: Layer on the Pepperoni
To each of the sliders, add about 3 slices of the Sugardale Pepperoni. The pepperoni adds a fantastic savory flavor to each mini-sandwich and is the perfect size for each slider.
Step 5: Layer on the remaining cheese and pepperoni and bake
To the top of the pepperoni, add the remaining mozzarella cheese, and then top each slider with a couple more pepperoni slices. This will create fantastic layers of cheese and meat to each slider. The layering also helps make slicing the sliders a bit easier once they come out of the oven.
Baking the bottom half of the sliders is helpful in that it allows the cheese to melt, and the pepperoni to heat without over-browning the top layer of bread. Bake the lower half of the sliders for approximately 5-7 minutes. While the bottom half of the sliders are in the oven, it’s a good time to mix together the garlic butter that you’ll be brushing over the top of the rolls.
Step 6: Add top half of rolls, brush with garlic butter and add Parmesan
Once the bottom half of the sliders come out of the oven, top with the top half of the slider rolls. Brush the tops of the rolls with the garlic butter. Then, sprinkle on the grated Parmesan cheese. This is such a great addition to the Pepperoni Pizza Sliders and adds some complimentary flavor to each mini sandwich. It also mimics the flavors and textures of a pepperoni pizza crust.
Bake the sliders for another 4-6 minutes – this is just enough to toast the top half of the bread to a beautiful golden brown.
Once the sliders come out of the oven, they are ready to slice and serve. Feel free to serve right on the baking sheet for your hungry sports-loving crowd. These are also fantastic for a quick weeknight dinner when time is tight.
I like to use my OXO Good Grips Cut and Serve Turner for serving these Pepperoni Pizza Sliders. Not only is it the perfect size for mini-sandwiches, but it easily cuts through the layers of cheese, pepperoni and bread.
Serve these Pepperoni Pizza Sliders with the remaining pizza sauce for dipping. These sliders really are the perfect appetizers for your next watch party. Perfect for feeding a crowd, they’re hearty, savory and completely delicious. Definitely a party food win!
Here’s a quick reference grocery list for the ingredients you’ll need to make these awesome Pepperoni Pizza Sliders:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg., Sugardale® Pepperoni
- Slider Rolls or party-sized dinner rolls (24 count)
- 1 (14 oz.) jar, pizza sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg., Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Italian herbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Here’s the super-simple recipe for these Pepperoni Pizza Sliders:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Sugardale® Pepperoni
- 1 (24 count) pkg., slider rolls or party-sized dinner rolls
- 1 (14 oz.) jar, pizza sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg., shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- Place the slider rolls on the baking sheet, and with a serrated knife, slice in half horizontally, so tops and bottoms of rolls are separated into two large halves.
- On the bottom halves of the rolls, spoon about 1/2 Tbsp. of pizza sauce. (see photos above) Next, sprinkle half of the package of mozzarella cheese over the top of the sauce. On top of the cheese, add about 3 pepperoni's per dinner roll. Top with the rest of the cheese. Lastly, add more pepperoni to each roll (about 2 pepperoni's) per slider. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While bottom half of the sliders are in the oven, melt butter, and add garlic and Italian herbs. Stir together and set aside.
- When bottom half of sliders come out of the oven, top with the top halves of the bread, and brush with the garlic butter. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake for another 4-6 minutes for the top half of the bread to warm and slightly brown.
- Remove from oven. While still warm, slice each slider into individual mini-sandwiches, and serve with the remainder of the pizza sauce for dipping.
Do you have a go-to family favorite recipe that you love for watching football games? Let me know in the comment section for a chance to win your very own OXO Good Grips Cut & Serve Turner!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#sweepstakesentry”; and leave the url to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the url to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to us residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via [email protected]. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The official rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/1/17-11/30/17
Be sure to visit the Sugardale Foods brand page where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
If you loved these Pepperoni Pizza Sliders, be sure to check out some of my other party foods that would pair perfectly with these mini sandwiches: