These Blueberry Tarts are as easy as pie, and taste even better! Topped with a delicious Lemon Mascarpone Cream, these mini-tarts are the perfect dessert for any occasion!
Did you know yesterday was National Blueberry Pie day? Making blueberry pie isn’t always at the top of my list, but some little tarts, with a delicious mascarpone cream on top – now we’re talkin’!
If you’ve ever made tarts, or mini tarts you know that they’re pretty easy to make. In fact, I would venture to say they’re much easier than a regular pie. To simplify the process even more, I use store-bought refrigerated pie crusts, making the process quick and easy.
A 2-crust package of refrigerated pie crusts worked perfectly with 6-4.5″ tart pans. You could also use a large single tart pan as well.
To top my mini tarts, I accompanied the juicy blueberries with a delightful Lemon Mascarpone cream. It’s a bit firmer than a regular whipped cream, the mascarpone adds a nice, light flavor and pairs perfectly with the lemon flavor.
Topped with lemon zest and a few fresh blueberries, this dessert not only tastes fabulous, but looks gorgeous as well. It would be perfect for Mother’s Day brunch, a fun spring lunch with friends, or a delicious summer dessert for a cookout or picnic.
Here’s how this delicious dessert comes together:
- 1 (2-crust package), refrigerated pie crusts, thawed to room temperature
- 4 c. Frozen blueberries
- ¾ c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- juice of 1 lemon
- Mascarpone Cream:
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. lemon extract
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- lemon zest & fresh blueberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out the pie crusts and form to each of the 6 4.5" mini tart pans, pressing off any excess crust from the edges. Set prepared crusts aside on a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, corn starch and lemon juice. Combine ingredients completely. Evenly divide the blueberry filling to each of the 6 tarts (on baking sheet), and bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let tarts cool completely.
- For Lemon Mascarpone Cream: With a hand or stand mixer, whisk together the mascarpone, sugar and extract until fluffy. Scrape down the side of the bowl. On medium speed, slowly add the heavy cream and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Top the cooled tarts with the cream and garnish with lemon zest and blueberries. Enjoy!
See how easy these are to make?! Not only easy, but completely delicious as well! Hope you get to enjoy National Blueberry Pie day with these yummy Blueberry Tarts with Lemon Mascarpone Cream, even if its a couple days late. Enjoy! ~Erin