The BEST Strawberry Lime Margaritas!
Blended or on-the-rocks, this delicious Strawberry Lime Margarita is amazing! With just 4 ingredients, this frozen strawberry margarita recipe can be made in minutes. Perfect for an at-home happy hour!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The ultimate 4-Ingredient Strawberry Lime Margarita
These Frozen Strawberry Lime Margaritas are the perfect libation for celebrating Cinco de Mayo or for your own personal happy hour. Made with just 4 ingredients, and no added sugar, this frozen strawberry margarita recipe is way better than anything you’ll be served at a bar or restaurant.
I’ll give you all the tips, tricks and answer your most frequently asked questions on making strawberry margaritas. Cheers!
What kind of limes are best for margaritas?
Feel free to buy the standard limes in the produce section at your grocery store. You’ll need approximately 2 limes per margarita you plan to make – 1 for juice the other for wedges or slices.
For this strawberry lime margarita, you’ll need 1 oz. of lime juice per drink. Many limes vary, so plan for two limes per drink.
For juicing limes, I recommend a good citrus juicer. This one from Amazon is one we’ve had in our house for years. It is very durable, dishwasher-safe and can juice both lemons and limes.
What kind of alcohol is a margarita?
A margarita is a tequila based drink. It is also made with lime juice, Cointreau (or Triple Sec) and any other fruit of your choice.
What tequila is best for margaritas?
According to Delish, there are many, many recommended tequilas for margaritas. Tequila can get expensive, so just choose the best brand that you can afford. We like Herradura Reposado, which is one of the recommended tequilas on Delish’s list!
What is better in a margarita Cointreau or Triple Sec?
After much trial and error, we’ve discovered that Cointreau is much better in a margarita.
Cointreau is an orange liqueur, made with sweet and bitter rinds of orange. It pairs really well with the lime juice and tequila.
How do you make a frozen Strawberry Margarita?
To make a frozen strawberry margarita recipe, you’ll need frozen strawberries, tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice.
Add these to a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared glasses and enjoy right away while cold.
How do I make a strawberry margarita on the rocks?
To make a strawberry margarita on the rocks, you’ll need fresh strawberries, tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice.
Muddle (mash) the strawberries in a cocktail shaker, then fill the shaker with ice. Add the tequila, Cointreau and lime juice. Shake well. Pour into prepared glasses with ice.
Do I have to add salt to my margarita glass?
No. This is totally personal preference. Some people enjoy a salted rim, others prefer no salt. If you are making margarita for guests, ask your friends how they prefer their cocktail, and bar-tend accordingly.
How do I salt a rim at home?
Salting the rim of your margarita glasses is very easy. Salt the rims of your margarita glasses should be the first step in making margaritas. Here’s how to do it:
- Start with your margarita salt. Any larger granule salt, like kosher salt is ideal for salting rims. For some extra flavor and dimension, try adding a bit of chili powder to your salt. If you’re looking for margarita salt, I recommend this Jose Cuervo Margarita Salt on Amazon.
- Next, run a lime around the edge of the glass where you want to apply the salt.
- Dip the edge of the glass in the salt.
- Pour the margaritas into the prepared glasses.
What glasses are best for margaritas?
A curved wide-mouth ups glass is typical for a margarita, especially when its frozen. An ups glass (a glass with a stem) is designed to keep your drink colder for longer.
When the heat from your hands is placed on the stem of the glass, it does not interfere with the temperature of the drink, thus keeping it cold.
More often, if a drink is served on the rocks, it is served in a short (non-stem) rocks glass. Add salt accordingly.
If you loved this delicious strawberry lime margarita, then check out some of my other cocktail recipes:
- Peach Margarita
- How to Make a Skinny Margarita
- Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- Strawberry Lemoncello Spritzers
- Pineapple Margaritas
- Strawberry Lemon Drop Cocktail
- Coconut Margarita Recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Martini
- Raspberry Margarita
- Mango Margaritas
Do you enjoy strawberry drinks and treats? Check out some of my other strawberry recipes:
- Starbucks Pink Drink Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Skinny Starbucks Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino
- Strawberry Coffee Cake
- Creamy Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Dump Cake
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
Here’s how this easy Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe comes together:
- 1 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
- 2 oz. tequila, good quality
- 1 oz. Cointreau liqueur
- 1 oz. lime juice, fresh squeezed
- salt for rims of glasses
- fresh strawberries
- lime wedges or slices
- Frozen/Blended Instructions: In a blender, add the frozen strawberries, tequila, Cointreau and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Prepare glasses: Run a lime wedge around the edge of a margarita glass, and rim with salt. Pour the blended margaritas into prepared glass, and enjoy right away while cold.
- On-The-Rocks Instructions: Add 4-6 fresh strawberries to the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle (mash) well. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, Cointreau and lime juice. Add a tight fitting lid and shake well. Rim rocks glass with salt (if desired) and fill with ice. Pour strawberry margarita over ice. Enjoy right away while cold.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 679Sodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 117gSugar: 76g