Fresh berries topped with sweet, delicious scones and baked to perfection! A super easy dessert great for enjoying strawberries, blackberries and blueberries – serve with vanilla bean ice cream for the most amazing, yet simple, dessert!
As soon as berries begin popping up in the local markets and grocery stores, I’m scooping up as many as I can hold! Berries are one of my absolute favorites, especially in desserts! I’m sure it goes back to my childhood – my mom had a large strawberry patch, and as kids we would always walk out in our bare feet, to pick (and immediately eat) the sweet, fresh berries. My Dad has recently regrown the strawberry patch back at my parents place in South Dakota, as he loves berries just as much as I do!
Along with the strawberries, I really love blueberries and tart blackberries. Together, these make for an amazing Triple Berry Cobbler! Simply mixed with a bit of sugar, and topped with sweet biscuit-like scones, this super-simple dessert is perfect any time you’re in the mood for a taste of summer!
The scones are super-simple and take just a couple minutes to mix up. Don’t worry about rolling out the biscuit-like dough. Simply mix and drop the dough by the spoonful into a casserole dish with the berries. You can also add the cobbler to individual ramekins or small oven-safe baking dishes.
The berries bake up beautifully! Feel free to use fresh or frozen berries (or a mix of both), for a dessert that can be enjoyed year-round. A triple berry mix or separate bags of berries can be found in the freezer section of the grocery store.
This dessert is heavenly when topped with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Serve up while still hot from the oven, the ice cream will melt, and cool the dessert giving you a wonderfully, creamy berry treat!
- 3 c. fresh or frozen strawberries, blackberries and blueberries
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ⅓ c. milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the berries, sugar and corn starch. Gently stir to coat the berries. Pour the berry mixture into a medium baking dish or 6 individual ramekins. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Using a fork, cut in the butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. Stir in milk until you get a sticky biscuit-like dough. Divide into 6 biscuits and drop on top of the berries.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until berries are bubbling and biscuits are golden brown. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving
I hope this recipe inspires you to grab lots of fresh, delicious (and hopefully, local!) strawberries, blueberries and blackberries for this easy, delicious dessert! One spoonful will have you coming back for more!
The next time we are back home in South Dakota I would love to make a batch of this Triple Berry Cobbler with some of my dad’s fresh strawberries. It would be the perfect dessert to enjoy sitting on the front porch after a warm, summer day! Enjoy! ~Erin