Loaded with savory bacon, sweet corn and lots of cheese, this hot cream cheese corn dip is sure to please! Serve fresh out of the oven with your favorite chips, this cheesy corn dip is a fantastic game-day snack or party appetizer.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you looking for a hot and cheesy appetizer for your holiday party or get together with friends? This hot corn dip recipe is fantastic for just these fun occasions.
Made with simple ingredients that you likely already have in your fridge and pantry, this delicious cheesy corn dip is really easy to make. Great for serving right out of a cast iron skillet or baking dish, this yummy corn dip will have your friends asking you for the recipe!
What do I need to make cream cheese corn dip?
This hot corn dip recipe is quite simple to make and requires just a handful of simple ingredients. Here’s a shopping list of the ingredients you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese – I recommend using regular, full-fat cream cheese, but you could also substitute Neufchatel cream cheese as well.
- Sour Cream – regular or low fat can be used for this recipe.
- Garlic Salt – great for adding a savory flavor to the dip.
- Chili Powder – also great for adding flavor and a bit of spice.
- Hot Sauce – I use either Cholula or Sriracha hot sauces. Use your preferred hot sauce.
- Frozen Corn – frozen corn works best and holds it shape when cooked with the other ingredients. You could also use canned corn, but be sure to drain and rinse.
- Bacon – thick sliced bacon is great for this recipe.
- Green Onions – a welcomed flavor with the rest of the dip ingredients. Also adds some nice color as a garnish.
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese – if you cannot find Mexican blend, feel free to use a mix of cheddar and Jack cheeses.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to the recipe card. Thanks!
How do I make hot corn dip?
To make hot corn dip, you’ll start by creaming together the room temperature cream cheese and sour cream along with the garlic salt, chili powder and hot sauce. This can pretty easily be done with a rubber scraper or wooden spoon, but you could also use a hand mixer as well.
To the cream cheese mixture, add in frozen corn, bacon crumbles, chopped onions and shredded cheese. The mixture will be thick. It’s helpful to utilize a rubber scraper to ensure all of the ingredients cream together well.
Spread the cheesy corn dip mixture into a cast iron skillet or baking dish
Once all of the ingredients have been mixed together well, spread the dip mixture into the bottom of a cast iron skillet or baking dish.
I love using my cast iron skillet for hot dip recipes like these. The skillet holds the heat well, so it keeps the dip warm after it comes out of the oven. It also looks great as a serving dish, too!
Add the remaining cheese and bake
Before baking the dip, be sure to add the remainder of the shredded cheese to the top of the dip mixture. It adds a great cheesy component to the dip once served.
How to serve hot corn dip:
Once the dip comes out of the oven, it’s ready to serve right away. If you’re making this dip for a party, I recommend assembing the dip in advance and keeping it refrigerated. Just before your guests arrive, bake it in the oven, so the dip is hot when guests are ready to eat.
What can I serve with cheesy corn dip?
Here’s a list of ideas that are great to serve with this hot dip recipe:
- Tortilla chips – anything that isn’t a thin chip. You’ll want thicker chips that can stand up to hearty dip.
- Corn chips
- Pita chips
- Pretzels & pretzel chips
- Crunchy carrots, celery and bell peppers
Looking for more party appetizer recipes? Here’s some additional party food inspiration:
Could you use some drink recipes for a party? Here are some of our favorites:
- Pomegranate Citrus Champagne Cocktails
- Ginger Peach Moscow Mules
- Strawberry Shortcake Martini
- Chocolate Cake Martini
- How to Make a Skinny Margarita
- Coconut Margarita
- Skinny Malibu Pina Coladas
- Saint Nickarita Christmas Margarita
Here’s the easy, delicious recipe for my Cream Cheese Corn Dip:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled,
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg., frozen corn
- 2 c. Mexican Blend shredded cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, chili powder and hot sauce. Cream together well. Stir in the onions, bacon, corn and 1 1/2 cup of cheese. Combine well.
- Spread into the bottom of a baking dish (9x9x" or medium oval baker) or cast iron skillet. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 22-25 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, top with additional bacon and onions for garnish, if desired. Serve warm with your favorite tortilla chips.
Want to make in advance for a party? For best results, make this dip, assemble, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. (This can be done up to 24 hours in advance.) When ready to serve, preheat the oven, remove plastic wrap and bake as directed. Serve right away while hot.
Storage: store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate. Dip will keep for up to 5 days refrigerated. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven until fully heated through - approximately 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g